Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 12th Aug 08, 1:31 PM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    0 WOW
    Cheap car hire article discussion
    • 12th Aug 08, 1:31 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheap car hire article discussion 12th Aug 08 at 1:31 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss the

Click reply to discuss
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-08-2008 at 7:30 PM.
Page 35
    • amf
    • By amf 18th May 17, 5:14 PM
    • 475 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    amf
    I've realised that some state you can't travel crossboarder but other than that is there anything else I need to be aware of when booking that could cost me extra when I turn up?
    Originally posted by Travelprincess11
    Your passport will need to be valid for 6 months after you cross the border into Scotland. Also, remember to apply for your ESTA at least 3 days in advance.

The following web site allows you to compare car hire excess policies
    Last edited by amf; 18-05-2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Link removed - didn't realise it was an affiliate link (Google search). DownTime has provided a link in post below.
    • DownTime
    • By DownTime 18th May 17, 7:55 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    DownTime
    Link without an affiliate ID; http://www.moneymaxim.co.uk/compare-car-hire-excess-insurance

Note that some things are only mentioned in the small print.

Bettersafe's Annual Worldwide (inc. CDW & SLI) includes CDW up to US$100,000 worldwide. That isn't reflected on the main page, though you can see it once you click through to the small print.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,275Users online

Martin's Twitter