Cheap car hire article discussion

Comments

• Hi, any good tips for economic car hire at Miami Airport?

Hearing of all sorts of problems with costs and time taken to get away from the airport... :(

Cheers

M
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 January 2012 at 9:13PM
    Have a look at https://www.uscarhire.co.uk

What time does your flight arrive at MIA? Is it a domestic or international flight?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Any ideas on which company to use in Faro? I'm looking for a vehicle that can transport five adults and a toddler, probably looking at a people carrier for two weeks. The prices I've seen range from 600UKP to 1700UKP, I'm confused as to why there is such a vast difference between companies.

Any advise would be accepted as I feel like a fish out of water
  • I use economy car hire in Spain if u look online u can find a 10% code.

Good luck
  • Evening,

Also looking for advice on car hire in Miami. I understand that there's now a dedicated car hire thingy at the airport which you get to by train? I've been looking at the usual comparison sites and it looks like I can get 15 days hire in April for around £250 quid. Both Budget & Dollar will do a "compact car" ford focus or similar for that money. There's 2A 2C and prob 2 suitcases and 4 carry on so the size should be ok.
    Basically is this any good and what sort of car will I likely get for a "compact" and are budget and dollar as good as any other firm out of Miami. Allamo are another £15 for a similar car and national are another £30. (Nissan Versa whatever that is!)
    Apologies for all the questions but I'm trying to get my head round the options. The extra cost is not a problem if it provides a quicker and better service although I wouldn't be asking the question on this site if I didn't want to save money.
    Many thanks,
    Drew.
  • broughton
    broughton Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We are going to Montenegro in September, arriving and leaving via Dubrovnik (Croatia).Has anyone any recommendations for a car hire company -or ones to avoid? Any tips/pitfalls concerning driving there?
    Anyone know what the tax is at the border; whether it is one off and we can recross the border without incurring second charge?:)
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

We are going as a family to Italy at the start of June but my daughter only drives an automatic car and these are a lot more expensive and not many show when I trawl the comparison sites.

We have a manual car but she wants a car for 2 adults and 2 kids, one a teenager, from 2nd - 10th June. Landing at Milan Linate at 12 noon.

Does anyone know of any deals?

Thanks
  • dawnjess
    dawnjess Posts: 44 Forumite
    Hi I am debating wether to hire a car in florida or not. We are staying onsite at disney so have the disney transport but i also want to go to other parks and shopping. I ve priced up for 18 days hire it comes up at £375 with us rentacar with silver insurance( is that insurance all you need ?)
    I dont know if to book it or hire for less days or just see what the public transport is like.
    does anyone know of any better offers or a good way to hire a car for an odd few days thanks
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 February 2012 at 2:10PM
    We need to hire a car in Tampa for 59 days - to my surprise Alamo is cheaper than Dollar, but it's still going to cost us a good £1000.

Does anyone have any discount codes or tips, please?
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Bit late for reply as just joined, but in case you are 'in the market' again in Malaga - malagacar.com. We have been visiting the area regularly for 12 years and used various companies in that time, but malagacar.com now regular - especially as their prices are amongst the cheapest - and never had complaint with them. Off-airport company, pick-up and deliver rapidly by minibus (but often on return they say "stay in the car and we go to terminal in that" - rapid, or what!), car supplied with 1/4 - 1/2 tank of fuel to be returned empty (I have known of people refunded when they return with surplus fuel), insurance is full cover and they only half-heartedly ask if you want the excess. But cars have been taken back (by us and others) with scrapes or dents - I broke a headlight once - and they NEVER make a charge for it; they don't even bother to inspect returned cars. As I say, never faulted them. :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback