Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • catford
    • By catford 2nd Nov 05, 7:11 PM
    • 1,091Posts
    • 87Thanks
    catford
    most efficient electric heaters
    • 2nd Nov 05, 7:11 PM
    most efficient electric heaters 2nd Nov 05 at 7:11 PM
    My heating is done by a Parkray solid fuel boiler.This year 10 bags of phurnacite has just cost me £157.00+ quid and wont last very long.Can anyone recommend any particular make of electric /convector heater which is relatively cheap to use for background heating.Any suggestions gratefully received!!
Page 1
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 4th Nov 05, 3:25 PM
    • 25,738 Posts
    • 12,337 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 4th Nov 05, 3:25 PM
    • 4th Nov 05, 3:25 PM
    All electric heaters have virtually the same efficiency; which is very close to 100%.

The difference is in the way they distribute their heat.

Oil filled panels/radiators are slow to heat up - but hold heat longer.

Fan heaters quickly warm up a room.

There really is little difference in running costs.
    • blacksta
    • By blacksta 15th Nov 05, 8:17 AM
    • 909 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    blacksta
    • 15th Nov 05, 8:17 AM
    • 15th Nov 05, 8:17 AM
    When buying Electric heater alway makesure to check for the kw. The higher the kw the more the cost of electricity. I have two 500watt heaters at home which effectively as good purchased from Argos.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin