Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,844Posts
    • 2,916Thanks
    saintscouple
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 350
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 30th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 3,122 Thanks
    LouLou
    A few things from Argyle Street, Glasgow, tonight just before closing (no receipt, alas):

211 total pieces Puzzle Panorama "3 puzzles make 1 panorama" Star Wars Jigsaw (all sellophaned together in 3 packs), assume this is £1 as it's in the regular Toy section.

Tsum Tsum Bubble Fever Card Game (ages 6+), also at the Toy section, comes in a cute little tin, can see it for around £5 at other stores.

Reduced items, I'd assume these are store-specific - some have stickers that simply say "10" on them, assume this means 10p? Didn't scan any to double-check.

Top shelf has: Homepride Pasta Bake Creamy Tomato & Herb Jar, Morello Cherries In Syrup Jar, Bisto For Turkey Gravy Granules, Gouda Baguettes, Colman's Bramley Apple Sauce, Uncle Ben's Sweet & Sour or Cantonese Jars, Green's Sweet & Sticky Pancake Mix.

Next Shelf down has Dry Egg Noodles packets, Aunt Bessie's Pancake Mix packs, Maggi Stock Pots (not sure of price) and Oxo Stock Pot Rich Beef - 10p.

Below this, Aunt Bessie's Classic Gravy Mix or Gravy Mix For Chicken - 10p. Colman's Bread Sauce, Pepper Sauce or Chicken Chausseur packs - 25p.

Another shelf down again, Pancrek (whatever that is!) 10p, Ambrosia Deluxe Custard cartons 50p, Silver Cow Custard cartons (unsure of price) and more of the Green's Sweet & Sticky Pancake box mixes - 10p.

Full size jpeg of all items, here: https://i.imgur.com/rxyJz5j.jpg
    Last edited by LouLou; 30-09-2017 at 11:52 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 1st Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I got one of these yesterday - pricey for £1, given it is just a loop of metal. Also my hair was cut shoulder-length recently, and is not thick (in fact a bit on the slippery side after I'd washed and frizz-eased it) so there wasn't a great deal of hair for it to support. Found a video tutorial on YouTube just now.

ETA: I followed the instructions in the video and this worked well, unlike the instructions on the pack. I like the look of the twist, but not the sizeable section of pin that is visible. The advantage of this over the butterfly hair clamps I often use is that they can't be easily pulled out by my niece (a trick she learned at the grand old age of 11 months, and hasn't stopped being amused by since!) and allows me to drive without a piece of plastic sticking into the back of my head. Yes, I know...first world girly problems
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 02-10-2017 at 8:48 PM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 6th Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 3,122 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some bits and pieces from Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

Goody Girls' 12 Sparkle Snap Hair Clips, Goody Girls' 25 Hair Elastics (they're actually fashioned into little bows with a crystal in the middle, not that clear in the photo), and, there was only of these one on display, amongst all the NYC makeup items - NYC Hallowe'en Eyelashes in 989 Devilish.
    • alisont
    • By alisont 7th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    • 1,600 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    alisont
    Spotted a marzipan calendar in the Birmingham store today, will add a picture from another store as can't remember how to add photos on here.

https://cd1.therange.co.uk/_m5/5/6/1505289815_565.jpg
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 7th Oct 17, 9:26 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 3,122 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some more Goody, er, goodies from Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Goody 3 Flexible Silicone Headbands (says "Extra Hold for all day play"), Goody Slideproof "Secure & Gentle Hold" 8 Soft Touch Silicone Elastics, Goody Ouchless 30 No-metal Elastics and Goody Classics 10 Snap Clips.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 12th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 3,122 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow at lunchtime - still plenty left. DC Superhero Girls "Hair Brush With 12 Ponytail Bands" - the base unscrews to let you access the hair bands.
    Also got Barbie Pet Series minifigures - could only see four varieties of mini Barbies - Kitten, Rabbit, Golden Retriever and Chihuahua.
    • Luckystar
    • By Luckystar 18th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 971 Posts
    • 3,700 Thanks
    Luckystar
    Found yesterday - 250g bag Toblerone white minis BB 14/02/2018. These are in the clear bags with the red 'AMAZING VALUE' label on.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Found yesterday - 250g bag Toblerone white minis BB 14/02/2018. These are in the clear bags with the red 'AMAZING VALUE' label on.
    Originally posted by Luckystar
    I didn’t see these instore today, but I did buy a tube of 10sparklers for £1. And a green light-up spider for my niece, who is now claiming to be scared of the dark. It lights up in white, green, red and blue, and looks pure evil.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 23rd Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 10,137 Thanks
    KxMx
    Any feedback on the Pure brand face wipes?
    Micellar Oil is such a good cleanser i'm now looking to use Micellar wipes once my normal Simple ones run out. For occasional use to remove make up.
    Spotted Pure Micellar Oil wipes in my local branch at 2 for £1.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 26th Oct 17, 3:13 PM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Any feedback on the Pure brand face wipes?
    Originally posted by KxMx
    I've used them before - but for my handbag / cleaning hands, rather than as a make-up remover. I tend to buy baby wipes from Wilko these days as they work out to be better value.

I saw some of these iin Poundland yesterday:

Intrigued as to what magic lay within, I inspected the list of ingredients. Verdict: don't bother. You've got more chance of a big O buying a £1 bar of chocolate instead

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 4th Nov 17, 6:27 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 3,122 Thanks
    LouLou
    Got this from Argyle Street, Glasgow two nights ago - Maybelline SuperStay 14hr Megawatt Lipstick - Shade 455 Burst Of Coral (were other, more hot pink shades but I've put them away in Xmas bundles) - looks more like a lipgloss, but it's actually a lipstick - the white cap pulls off.
    Here's a review, with swatches of all shades: http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/product-review-maybelline-new-york.html

Also, HUKD member smudge92 is saying there are "Ping Pong Tournament Edition" sets out there in the wild, for £1 https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ping-pong-tournament-set-1-poundland-2821486
    Last edited by LouLou; 04-11-2017 at 6:37 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Nov 17, 7:02 PM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Got this from Argyle Street, Glasgow two nights ago - Maybelline SuperStay 14hr Megawatt Lipstick - Shade 455 Burst Of Coral (were other, more hot pink shades but I've put them away in Xmas bundles) - looks more like a lipgloss, but it's actually a lipstick - the white cap pulls off.
    Here's a review, with swatches of all shades: http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/product-review-maybelline-new-york.html

Also, HUKD member smudge92 is saying there are "Ping Pong Tournament Edition" sets out there in the wild, for £1 https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ping-pong-tournament-set-1-poundland-2821486
    Originally posted by LouLou
    Definitely going to look out for the “burst of coral” shade. I can’t see myself wearing the others at all, as I prefer dark strong shades to bright ones.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 4th Nov 17, 9:48 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 3,122 Thanks
    LouLou
    Here's a "wall of bargains" (cleaning stuff) from Argyle Street, Glasgow, just before closing at 9pm. Very likely just store-specific.

Top Shelf, Left-Right: Clean Zone Cellulose Sponge Cloths x 6 - 50p, Laundry Bag, Wash Bag (no price that I can see, but assume they're 50p), Patterned Pegs - 50p, 4 x Patterned Microfibre Cloths (with green ribbon round them) - 50p, Multi-Use Descaler Bottles (look like they're 500ml but can't tell for sure) - 50p.

Shelf Below, Left-Right: Toilet Duck Pine (not sure of price, can't see stickers), Sink & Drain Gel 1 litre - 25p, Elbow Grease All-Purpose Degreaser - 500ml - 50p, Drain Brite 50p, Scale Away Packets (just out of shot) assume they're 50p as well.

Next Shelf, Left-Right: Astonish Descaler 750ml - 25p, Dettol Power Fresh Spray 500ml - 50p, Dettol Complete Clean 1 litre - 50p.

Bottom Shelf, Left-Right: Dettol 3x Power Gel (blue) Bathroom Spray 500ml - 50p, Dettol 3x Power Gel (green) Multi-Purpose Spray 500ml - 50p, Astonish Fabric Refresher Spray Cotton Fresh - 50p.

On the far left and far on hanging strips, are Kettle Descaler packs (unsure of price).

Clicky for big jpeg here: https://i.imgur.com/hWlBOfS.jpg

Edit: Went back two days later, and there's very little left. The patterned microfibre cloths are cute and I bought more for prezzies...

This Poundland also has 50L storage boxes (with lids) reduced half-price to £2, but quite a few are dinged. In different colours, Pink, Blue, Clear, Grey. You can choose different colours of lids but I just bought a matching colour - apart from the Clear, as there's no Clear lids - chose Black.

I was a little selfish about the Storage Boxes and kept them to myself - as my poor arms can only carry so much and I wanted to collect a few over the days! Thought if I added them here first they'd all disappear!

Also, remember those "rattan" design Curver-like storage boxes (much smaller than 50L!) in White, Black or Grey? This store now stocks them in Navy Blue colour - which I prefer. Unfortunately I've deleted the photo somehow!
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-11-2017 at 5:03 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 13th Nov 17, 3:21 PM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Definitely going to look out for the “burst of coral” shade. I can’t see myself wearing the others at all, as I prefer dark strong shades to bright ones.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    My search - not that I have looked very hard - has been in vain. I'd like to know whether they have been spotted outside of Scotland.

• 166million
    • By 166million 13th Nov 17, 3:48 PM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 4,705 Thanks
    166million
    Does it have to be Poundland.
    I bought these from Poundshop
    Two Star Wars clip boxes.
    They seem really good for the price. https://www.poundshop.com/star-wars-record-bag.html
    Looks like out f stock now

You can get 5% off first order
    And they are featured on top cash back

The customer service is quite poor however,
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
    No. 90: Emergency fund £250
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 17th Nov 17, 2:23 AM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 3,122 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow last night (alas, no photos, as my phone decided to die today )
    I have Barcelona Nights, Rio Crush and Shanghai Sizzle (sis took a pale pink one, think it was LA Exclusive). There was also a darker one - New York Scene, I think, too browny/plum-y for my tastes.

Here's one review: http://www.thehappysloths.com/2014/08/revlon-colorstay-moisture-stain-review-swatches.html

• littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 17th Nov 17, 8:16 AM
    • 4,696 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    Haven't found these anywhere yet.....
    travelover
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 17th Nov 17, 11:34 AM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Originally posted by littlereddevil
    Haven't come across these in my travels, but will be looking out for them for sure.

• laticsforlife
    • By laticsforlife 17th Nov 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 1,446 Thanks
    laticsforlife
    Bought a few £1 19L storage boxes this week.

They are pure black with black lids so will need labels, but the beauty of the size is they fit in a wardrobe easier, and can be stacked (50L is sometimes just a bit big to lug to a high shelf).

Perfect for summer caps, flip-flops etc. Swap in summer for scarves, woolly hats (for a couple of weeks when we see the sun in the UK anyway!)
    I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove a thing!
    Quidco, £1,985
    Shopandscan, £2,510
    Tesco Double The Difference, £2,700
    TopCashback,£1,807
    Thomson EU261/04 Claim, £1,700
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 17th Nov 17, 10:06 PM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Quite a good day at Poundland today. I found some bags of chocolate Santas and GBP “notes” which are a perfect size for my little niece’s advent calendar. I was also pleased to find an A5 day to page diary, exactly the same wa being sold in The Works for £3.
    Originally posted by littlereddevil
    They are in stock in limited numbers and shades. Today I picked up a Parisian Passion; there was also a London Posh and Miami Fever. I was after India Intrigue so will keep looking

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,533Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter