Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,839Posts
    • 2,916Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 349
    • All eBayed Out
    • By All eBayed Out 15th Aug 17, 10:26 PM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 55,019 Thanks
    All eBayed Out
    mine in the fridge is a 1.6L
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 19th Aug 17, 10:24 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some things from Argyle Street, Glasgow, tonight:

Vimto Squash Remix (Raspberry, Orange & Passionfruit - No Added Sugar - 35% Extra Free) 1 Litre,
    Flash Multi-Surface Concentrated Cleaner (With Febreze) 400ml,
    The Original Candle Co. Sea Breeze Scented Tin Candle 235g/18hrs burn time (approx),
    The Original Candle Co. Sea Breeze Reed Diffuser Set 50ml,
    Disney Pixar The Good Dinosaur Poster Art XL 3 x A3 Colouring Pictures & 6 Markers,
    Star Wars A5 Notebook (alas, doesn't say how many pages - there's also Avengers, Emoji, Spider-Man, My Little Pony, Animal Jam Notebooks on display).

Forgot to add the 6pk of Golden Wonder Pickled Onion I bought too - they also have Sausage & Tomato (my favourite flavour ever).

These Original Candle Co. items are now all 50p:

Wax Melts various scents*, Unscented Pillar Candles, Unscented Tealights x 40pk, 24pk Scented Tealights*, Votives & Incense With Holder*, Reed Diffusers*, 2pk Fragrance Sachets*, 2pk Tealight Candle Holders (with bow - can't really see what those are), Ceramic Oil Burner With Oil*, 2 x Pack Fragrance Oils*, Bell Jar Candle (small jars with lid)*, Pot Pourri*, Glass Tealight Holders and Ceramic Lanterns (bottom shelf).

There's also Dark Red 2 x Dinner Candles (near the bottom, on the left - not sure if they're scented) and Unscented Dinner Candles (top shelf, on the left) - but can't see how many is in the box.

Clicky for bigger http://imgur.com/h1smOu6

*All items with asterisk come in various scents:
    Beige = Vanilla,
    Blue = Sea Breeze,
    Lilac = Sugared Almonds.

The scented candles smelt quite strong to my nose - in store, anyway, but will report back what I think of the Sea Breeze Candle Tin.

Edit: I would say the Candle Tin's scent is "subtle" - definitely no Yankee, but it is 50p!\

Edit 24th August: Still plenty 50p scents, oils, etc left. The 40 Pack of Unscented Tea Lights is actually £1 - bit sneaky putting them in that section!
    Last edited by LouLou; 24-08-2017 at 2:30 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 22nd Aug 17, 1:51 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    Got this yesterday from Trongate, Glasgow (no point taking a picture):
    Paddy's Bathroom 400ml Organic Bubbly Stuff Tangy Tangerines Bubble Bath
    • Certified organic ECOCERT and 98 percent natural ingredients
    • Kind to sensitive and eczema prone skin.
    • SLS Free

Reviews on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paddys-Bathroom-Organic-Bubbly-Tangerines/product-reviews/B013TLIY54/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_top?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=a ll_reviews
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 1st Sep 17, 3:18 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    This was in Trongate, Glasgow, not long ago. Unfortunately I don't have a receipt as this was at a self-service checkout (maybe the paper's run out?). So you'll have to take my word for it!

Lynx Signature Skin Smoother Body Wash Cedarwood & Bergamot 200ml and Lynx Styling Urban Messy Look Matt Gel 125ml.

I even got the assistant to check first, as I'm pretty sure these are in the £2 section in other stores, but can't say for certain.

Edit: Managed to get receipts, here:
    By the way, about the Tropicana juices, seen these in the chiller cabinet in a few of my local "Weegie" stores - they've all been 1.3L!

Edit: Can see someone else on HUKD posted about the Lynx Signature items being £1 - so that must be the official price

Also "The Original Candle Co" items mentioned on Post #6962 that were 50p, seem to be back up to £1, going by the shelf labels?
    Last edited by LouLou; 09-09-2017 at 5:16 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 1st Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    • 23,921 Posts
    • 50,206 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Haven't been around for much of last month so just wanted to say thanks to LouLou! You've posted some amazing bargains and are restoring my faith in the Land of the Pound
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 2nd Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    A quick one from Trongate, Glasgow: Paddy's Bathroom Stuff For Hands (Smells Like Squeaky Clean Lemons) Foaming Hand Wash, 200ml, £1.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 3rd Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 23,921 Posts
    • 50,206 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Not a great deal of luck in my local Poundland yesterday - was after the Paddy's tangerine bubble bath but managed to get hold of the pink Flash.

I did find this though:

Resisted buying it as I have enough trouble getting our little one out of the bath! What she doesn't know...

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • sumoqueen
    • By sumoqueen 7th Sep 17, 12:00 AM
    • 1,522 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    sumoqueen
    Just a heads up (for better value)!! I got a bag of fun size Mars bars - pack of 10 for £1 but beware as in the £2 range they have a pack of 14!!!! They also have 500g boxes of coco shreddies for £1 and 750g boxes for £2!!!!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) 2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!!
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 7th Sep 17, 8:29 AM
    • 260 Posts
    • 383 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Just a heads up (for better value)!! I got a bag of fun size Mars bars - pack of 10 for £1 but beware as in the £2 range they have a pack of 14!!!! They also have 500g boxes of coco shreddies for £1 and 750g boxes for £2!!!!
    Originally posted by sumoqueen

You have to be one step ahead to make sure the shops don't rip you off - well spotted and thanks for sharing.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 7th Sep 17, 6:16 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier..

Johnson's Sensitive Touch Moisturising Baby Lotion Fragrance Free 250ml and Johnson's Sensitive Touch Baby Shampoo Fragrance Free 250ml.

(German) Dove Oxygen Hair Mask 200ml (leave in for 2-3 minutes after washing) - this was actually in amongst all the Shampoo/Conditioner items for £1, but the girl told me at the till that they're actually £2. As they were in the wrong section I was told they're obligated to sell it to me for £1 - but they removed the rest of the stock.

English blurb about the Dove Oxygen & Moisture Hair Souffle Treatment (as it's officially called) https://www.dove.com/uk/hair-care/hair-masks-treatments/advanced-hair-series-oxygen-moisture-souffle-treatment.html
    (Says "RRP £6.99" )

Some biscuits are 2 for £1 or 3 for £1 - these are a 3 for £1 selection (more available, obviously): Maryland Treats Chocolate Chip Cookie 144g, Fox's Crunch Ginger 200ml, Fox's Jam & Cream 150g. Will try to take a picture of the biscuits next time I'm in store.

And a Treat & Ease Digital Thermometer (for my new nephew/niece on the way).

Also saw these Star Wars Box Busters items, no idea what they are...but they were also £1 at the Toys section.

It's some sort of stationary battle scene/mini game (where you use a dice): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZyPFarAV0

Edit: Oh yeah, and whilst I was at the self-service queue, I peeked at the Tropicana cartons - they were 1.6L this time!!
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-09-2017 at 4:04 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Sep 17, 8:10 AM
    • 23,921 Posts
    • 50,206 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The digital thermometer is a good buy, if it is accurate. Can't afford to take chances with kids, esp newborns.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 9th Sep 17, 10:09 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    Photo spam from Argyle Street, Glasgow, about an hour ago.

Curiously, this store has the Lynx items for £2!! (yet, someone on HUKD posted earlier today that they're £1 in their store too - but it was a duplicate post, and got pulled):

Hops Baby Pure Fragranced Or Unfragranced Wipes, 120 Pack (seems to be a Turkish brand):

Cussons Mum And Me Sleep Tight Baby Bath With Relaxing Lavender 500ml Or Mum And Me Baby Bath With Menthol To Comfort Snuffles 300ml:
    Energi Woman 12 Pack Razors (seems to be a Poundland-brand, so not sure how they'll be):

PS: Just realised I forgot to take a picture of the biscuits "2 For £1" and "3 For £1" selection, woops!
    Last edited by LouLou; 09-09-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    • littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 10th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 4,685 Posts
    • 1,950 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    Got packs of 40 spring flowering bulbs yesterday
    travelover
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 11th Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    Here's a picture of the "2 For £1" and "3 For £1" biscuits in Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Clicky for big jpeg: https://i.imgur.com/ZIyvU9C.jpg

Picture's a bit blurry but there's also another Paddy's Bathroom variety in this store: "Squirty Stuff, Smells Like Juicy Pineapples", 200ml.

They also have a cute selection of New Baby-themed items, such as this New Baby blackboard:

Also gift wrap, gift bags, paper cups, napkins, mini picture frames and other items.

Managed to try a sample of Chanel Gabrielle (at the front door in Frasers across the road) on the way home, too! Woohoo!
    Last edited by LouLou; 11-09-2017 at 11:28 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 12th Sep 17, 11:50 PM
    • 23,921 Posts
    • 50,206 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Poundland had a Frozen mug in stock (just the one, I imagine they'd flown out!).

I couple of years ago I bought some Kilner-like jars (?1L?), which I fill with snacks and display on a bookshelf in the diing room. Since then I've seen smaller, squat jars...but today for the first time I saw some large ones, twice the size of mine. Looked something like this:

I snapped up all 6 to replace mine .

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 21st Sep 17, 2:51 AM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow, last night. From left to right:

Bourjois 1 Seconde Texture Gel Silicone - 26 Blue, 9ml​
    Bourjois Manicure Laser Toppings - 37 Aqua Purple, 9ml
    Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick - 22 Famous Fuschia, 3g

£1 each, obviously

Plenty of 1 Seconde nail colours and Manicure Laser Toppings varieties out there - could only see one shade of the Shine Edition Lipstick in my store.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 22nd Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow: Nutra Nail Bullet-Proof Strength Formula 15ml + High Gloss Top Coat 15ml, Barry M Nail Paint 10ml in shade Christmas Tree 439 - has little silver stars through it, as well as flecks of green and red

From Union Street, Glasgow: Johnson's Even Complexion Day Cream With SPF15 (With Soy & Red Berry Extracts) 50ml (been in Poundland in the past but the tubes are good for putting in your handbag), Signalex Aux Cable (The Metallic Collection - mine is in Rose Gold but it's also in Silver) - 1 metre, 3.5mm-3.5mm.

Argyle Street, Glasgow: Zebra Floral Ballpoint Pens x 2, Bic Colour Mini Fashion 4 Colours, Mum & Me Bump Soothe & Nourish Body Lotion 300ml.

Sauchiehall Street now has some garden items for 25p.

Edit: The Zebra pens weren't as expected - tried the Pink/Floral one so far and it has Pink ink! Though I've just realised the packaging says "Ink Colour As Grip" - guessing the other one will be Black.
    Last edited by LouLou; 25-09-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    • foxyloxy11
    • By foxyloxy11 22nd Sep 17, 7:58 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    foxyloxy11
    Grimsby store has Barry M lip glosses in pink and nude £1.
    Also the Nature Valley pk 5 oat bars normally around £2.50 in other stores ...£1 and have flavours I haven't seen in the big supermarkets such as coconut, ginger and hazelnut.
    Honey nut shredded wheat £1 in there too.

I love the bluray dvds too all £1 can't go wrong!
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £700.00.00/£1000 Baby Step 1
    Debt free day October 2019 - End of Baby Step 2
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    Yesterday, I found myself at mum's without a few makeup bits so made a trip to the Bishopbriggs (Strathkelvin Retail Park) Poundland to get emergency supplies.

In this store they have a box of Makeup Gallery items "2 For £1" (maybe discontinuing the range in there? Seems to be still selling in city centre stores) - mostly solo eyeshadows but I got a Blue Liquid Eyeliner (optimistically hoping it would look quite dark) and a Brown Lip Liner.

I haven't bought any MUG (harhar) items at all so it was my chance to test, as well. The liquid eyeliner has a brush (a good thing - as I hate the plastic slithers on cheapie eyeliners) but wow, it goes on STREAKY. You have to wait for each coat to dry to try and fill in the gaps - it takes up extra time, and it's pretty annoying. Definitely wouldn't buy again, even at 50p.

The lipliner was quite "hard" and it took a few outlines around my lips to see anything. So, also a dud.

If those two are examples of what Makeup Gallery have to offer, I won't be buying - or, maybe I'm just really unlucky?

Weirdly, last time I did an update about this store on this thread they had the Collection - Work The Colour Nude Eye Palette in there - and it was STILL in there, months later**!! Maybe makeup just doesn't sell well in this store?! I picked one up for my handbag, was much happier with this. (Unfortunately, the source page asks me to sign into Google, but the blogger who took this pic is called onemorebeautyblogger)

Another review here: http://www.ramblingsofabeautybird.com/2014/05/review-collection-work-colour-eye.html

**Actually, it was 27th July http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72905460#6923

Edit 27th Sept: Turns out there's a "2 For £1" Makeup Gallery box out in the Argyle Street store too, perhaps they are discontinuing the range...maybe I just haven't noticed till now?

I fished out an MUG Eyeliner pencil from within the box, tested it on the back of my hand, again - same as the Lip Liner - too hard and not well-pigmented.
    Last edited by LouLou; 27-09-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    • 23,921 Posts
    • 50,206 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The only non-own brand lipstick in Stratford E15 was this in 07, which I can now see is called Fuschia Perch!. It was the only one left, so I bought it. Bit disappointed that it was a lip gloss on a stick, rather than a stick (the product looks like a lipstick from the outside but of course is not).

ETA: have just tested it now. Colour: okay. But it's bleeding and on my teeth already. So I wouldn't recommend it.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 24-09-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,015Posts Today

8,278Users online

Martin's Twitter