Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,839Posts
    • 2,916Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 346
    • ladybabe
    • By ladybabe 5th Jul 17, 8:06 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 398 Thanks
    ladybabe
    bought these in sheffield today

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/nairn-s-inc-gluten-free-oatmeal-raisin-cookies-5-64-oz-160-g/53613

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Nairns-Gluten-Free-Stem-Ginger-Biscuit-Break/292808011?ULP_CAMPAIGN_ID=52&gclid=CKSJiIbq8tQCFYT GGwodx7cOUA&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CM6Gkobq8tQCFfQC0wo dvyUEpA&dnr=y

http://www.poundland.co.uk/75g-ww-shots-orange-choc

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Jacobs-Ciabatta-Crackers-Caramelised-Onion-5-pack/338033011?ULP_CAMPAIGN_ID=52&gclid=CKPomMvq8tQCFaE W0wodJ3gGvg&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNLWoMvq8tQCFVIC0wo dSYEIpA

Also got a great blusher brush

they had loads of great baby winnie the pooh bibs, dummies and socks (didnt need them myself but looked great quality
    There are people so poor that the only thing they have is money
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 5th Jul 17, 9:27 PM
    • 7,158 Posts
    • 19,512 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Allura 2 x Styling Spin Pins.
    Originally posted by LouLou
    I use these & they're a godsend. I can roll the plait up into a coil, twist two spinpins in & it all stays up, solid, no fuss no hassle, all day.

A pal who's a nurse uses them under scrubs to keep her hair absolutely tamed and she has hip length hair when it's allowed out to play.

Can't speak for the spiral hair decorations, but the spinpins Work.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 6th Jul 17, 2:49 AM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    It's all about the nuts From Union Street, Glasgow:

Natco Honey Roasted Peanuts (with raisins, honeycomb and chocolate) 160g, Amoy Stir Fry Sauce Peanut Satay 120g/109ml.

Also saw a reappearance* of those L'Oreal lipglosses I mentioned much earlier in the thread, a few times http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71390600#6638 (example). I noticed a few of the same shades - not sure how old that would make the stock?

*just like the Burt's Bees lip balms that are in this Poundland and most of the local ones near me.

Edit: I've just noticed that older Poundland post of mine ^^ has the awful Caffe Italia Coffee in the photo - I used to buy it for a friend, and had never tried it. Well, I've actually tasted it now, and it is DISGUSTING. Probably the worst ground coffee ever.
    Last edited by LouLou; 06-07-2017 at 3:56 PM.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 6th Jul 17, 9:43 PM
    • 8,441 Posts
    • 6,025 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    Edit: I've just noticed that older Poundland post of mine ^^ has the awful Caffe Italia Coffee in the photo - I used to buy it for a friend, and had never tried it. Well, I've actually tasted it now, and it is DISGUSTING. Probably the worst ground coffee ever.

It is just a matter of personal taste, I guess, unless you were particularly unlucky. My husband liked to have a strong coffee to start his day and was very pleased with the Caffe Italia I would often bring home.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 9th Jul 17, 1:29 AM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    I can't verify this myself as it's not mentioned on their website though just saw on HUKD that Poundland are currently selling Frank Cooper's Original Oxford marmalade. This may also be store specific.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/454g-frank-cooper-s-original-oxford-marmalade-1-poundland-2731790
    Originally posted by Lugh_Chronain
    I'm such a lemming. I picked some up in Argyle Street, Glasgow last night. Though my favourite-favourite is Rose's Lemon And Lime Marmalade

Also, thanks for the comment about the Spin Pins, DigForVictory - after seeing this video, I think even this hairdressing dunce could use them! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qngf8eXsrzQ (the open end goes into your hair)

Looks idiot-proof (unfortunately I gave mine away, but I will buy some for myself later today).

Here's some more Spin Pin (p)inspiration: https://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/easy-hairstyles-with-spin-pins

Edit: About the Frank Cooper's Marmalade - xstrata on HUKD has mentioned it comes with a sticker - "Lacking In Peel And Floating Peel" and speculates that they may be Seconds (?). Mine has the sticker, too.
    Last edited by LouLou; 09-07-2017 at 2:48 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 10th Jul 17, 4:50 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    No idea if these have been in Poundland for ages, but, saw these in Argyle Street, Glasgow yesterday.

Skin Beauty Effervescent Fizz Vitamin C With Hyaluronic Acid And Collagen, 1 A Day, 20 Tabs, 80g. "Silken Apple" Flavour (whatever that is!)
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 10th Jul 17, 5:07 PM
    • 4,371 Posts
    • 4,779 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Amoy Stir Fry Sauce Peanut Satay 120g/109ml.
    FYI these are 99p in Tesco
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=265817786
    • Luckystar
    • By Luckystar 10th Jul 17, 8:13 PM
    • 970 Posts
    • 3,692 Thanks
    Luckystar
    Guylian milk chocolate seashell truffle bars - pack of 4 x 30g bars. In a blue packaging and says 3 + 1 free
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Jul 17, 8:25 AM
    • 23,948 Posts
    • 50,277 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    No idea if these have been in Poundland for ages, but, saw these in Argyle Street, Glasgow yesterday.

Skin Beauty Effervescent Fizz Vitamin C With Hyaluronic Acid And Collagen, 1 A Day, 20 Tabs, 80g. "Silken Apple" Flavour (whatever that is!)
    The last time I bought Vit C tabs (for those very rare days when fresh fruit is out of reach) they were 75p for 20 at Aldi. Even then, just 1/4 of a tablet is enough (she says in MSE way).

As for the hyaluronic acid and collagen....sorry, but these do not survive the acid in the stomach. So offer no benefit.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • defairmans
    • By defairmans 11th Jul 17, 10:25 PM
    • 851 Posts
    • 13,876 Thanks
    defairmans
    I saw a few new items in my Poundland in East Anglia today.

Black spray on temporary tattoos with three stencils

Disney princess hair clips

Soft or hard brush full size broom

3 pack of exfoliating mits of different sizes but seemed a bit soft

Solar changing colour bubble tube

Reeses rounds
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 12th Jul 17, 8:19 AM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 8,915 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    The Poundland in Finchley does white chocolate toblerone which I've only found abroad before. DH and DS are delighted!
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 12th Jul 17, 2:05 PM
    • 8,638 Posts
    • 15,516 Thanks
    calleyw
    Been after some magazine holders. Today poundland had some very pretty elegant ones. Black, white, pink and gold stripes or dots.

Look fancy and much better than the neon pink, yellow and green offerings.

Not on the website and being lazy can't be bothered to take a photo

Also this book bought as a pressie and also this cd audio book which I will donate to the library when I have finished with it.

Yours

Calley
    Last edited by calleyw; 12-07-2017 at 2:09 PM.
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 12th Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    • 23,948 Posts
    • 50,277 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Been after some magazine holders. Today poundland had some very pretty elegant ones. Black, white, pink and gold stripes or dots.

Look fancy and much better than the neon pink, yellow and green offerings
    Originally posted by calleyw
    Did they have the original ones in stock? I ended up buying a few some months back and could do with some more, and would rather they all match.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 13th Jul 17, 9:25 AM
    • 8,638 Posts
    • 15,516 Thanks
    calleyw
    Did they have the original ones in stock? I ended up buying a few some months back and could do with some more, and would rather they all match.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    My local one did have the neon ones in stock and they are on the website as well.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 14th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 23,948 Posts
    • 50,277 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    My local one did have the neon ones in stock and they are on the website as well.
    I nipped into the Stratford E15 branch just now, nowhere to be seen. On further scrutiny there was one lonely orange one on the shelf. Will try again at another branch first thing tomorrow.

I was also looking for foam balls (as in bat and balls): no luck. Total Poundland fail

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Jul 17, 9:01 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    D'oh about the Skin Beauty tablets!! A novelty, I suppose.

Here's a bit of an "eyelash spam" from Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier.

This first photo of getlashed lashes seem to be half-lashes and a very thick pair (called "get striking")?

(Second photo): These Revlon lashes have been in Poundland numerous times, but not with the additional applicator - comes in Volumize, Define and Lengthen (comes with a tube of eyelash glue, too).

getlashes "get glamourous" lashes (their spelling)

There's also Make Up Gallery Starter Eye Brush Sets which I haven't seen before (in a nifty rose gold/black colour). Seems to be four brushes and a Rose Gold carry case thingy.

Bigger jpeg linkys:
    http://i.imgur.com/rFNajR3.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/TzGmysv.jpg?1

Woops, forgot to add, also more #flashmob Highlight Kits (hair chalk highlights), packs of 3 in different coloured boxes, 9.6g (0.34oz)
    Last edited by LouLou; 14-07-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    • cashewnut
    • By cashewnut 16th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 573 Thanks
    cashewnut

I was also looking for foam balls (as in bat and balls): no luck. Total Poundland fail
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Tesco Extra do three foam balls in sale for 75p!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 16th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    • 1,732 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    LouLou
    Not sure if this will light anyone's fire but these scented pantyliners are in Argyle Street, Glasgow at the moment (I like the scented liners, not for everyone, though - and a 20 pack is probably quite modest compared to other brands which tend to have 28 or more).

Discreet Deo Summer Fresh Panty liners, x 20.

Can see them on Russian and Polish sites.
    • skintmumof3
    • By skintmumof3 23rd Jul 17, 5:18 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 2,414 Thanks
    skintmumof3
    My local Poundland had Rimmel Scandleyes mascara by kate Moss...various colours including black....and L`oreal eyeshadow sticks..again various colours..hth..
    sorry dont know how to post photos...
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th Jul 17, 6:52 AM
    • 23,948 Posts
    • 50,277 Thanks
    VfM4meplse

Yours

Calley
    Thanks, I bagged 4 at the weekend. Unfortunately they are bulky so few on the shelves. I'll try again today.

Tesco Extra do three foam balls in sale for 75p!
    Originally posted by cashewnut
    Thanks, I bought these on Friday. What I couldn't predict was that playing with them and a light bat would have my niece in fits of giggles! 75p well spent.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,992Posts Today

8,037Users online

Martin's Twitter