Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,844Posts
    • 2,916Thanks
    saintscouple
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 345
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 16th Jun 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1,742 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    LouLou
    Isn't this just aqueous cream, that has been available in every pharmacy for generations?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Can't offer any user experience, but I buy all sorts of miracle creams for my niece to try out (she has eczema). From here: http://www.aqua-max.co.uk/products/aquamax-cream/

New sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS)-free Aquamax® Cream is a leave-on emollient for use in eczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions.
    It has been specifically formulated to exclude common irritants found in so many other emollient treatments. With a high lipid content, it provides an effective barrier that stops moisture escaping from the skin and prevents irritants entering.

Aquamax® Cream is free from:
    • SLS
    • Fragrances
    • Lanolin
    • Parabens
    • Chlorocresol
    • Isopropyl myristate
    • Other common irritants, sensitisers or detergents
    Being free from all sorts of baddies (and suitable for pregnant/lactating women too) may be its selling point.

Also, from here: http://www.aqua-max.co.uk/all-products/

What’s in it? Purified water, white soft paraffin BP, cetostearyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, Polysorbate 60 and phenoxyethanol.

Aquamax Contains:

• No soap
    • No detergents
    • No parabens
    • No fragrance
    Edit: CuddlesTC on HUKD says that Aqueous Cream is no longer recommended for eczema (didn't know this).
    Last edited by LouLou; 20-06-2017 at 1:51 AM.
    • Violetta
    • By Violetta 16th Jun 17, 7:56 PM
    • 3,535 Posts
    • 5,369 Thanks
    Violetta
    Hey Loulou thanks for your post re the aquamax, I never got on with aqueous cream, always smelled too strong and burned when I put it on (not to mention having to dig around in a tub! Most unhygienic!) My hands have developed a few eczema patches this last week so I picked some of this up earlier, popped some on very light scent and no burning, I think the being SLS free is what makes this different & hopefully it'll help , thanks again.
    Booo!!!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 21st Jun 17, 7:00 PM
    • 1,742 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    LouLou
    Here's some bits from Trongate, Glasgow Poundland:

6 x 12g Tyrrell's Sweet & Salty Popcorn, Tasty Snack Co. Honey Roasted Peanuts 95g (bit of a modest bag but I wanted to try them), Cadbury's Mello's With Raspberry Flavour Jam 120g (2 for £1).

Also got 4 x PVC Tape (not pictured, but it's the Tommy Walsh branded cardboard hanging pack - electrical tape).
    Last edited by LouLou; 21-06-2017 at 7:23 PM.
    • littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 22nd Jun 17, 8:32 AM
    • 4,697 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    Isn't this just aqueous cream, that has been available in every pharmacy for generations?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse

For a pound? And SLS free?
    travelover
    • Violetta
    • By Violetta 22nd Jun 17, 11:22 PM
    • 3,535 Posts
    • 5,369 Thanks
    Violetta
    Just to report, the aquamax cream cleared up the admittedly small patches of eczema on my hand over the weekend. Been using it as a hand cream over the last few days and my hands are softer than they have been in ages, obviously everyone's different but I'd recommend trying this if you have sensitive skin. (Obviously anything major get checked out by the Docs)
    Last edited by Violetta; 22-06-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    Booo!!!
    • All eBayed Out
    • By All eBayed Out 22nd Jun 17, 11:54 PM
    • 1,257 Posts
    • 55,182 Thanks
    All eBayed Out
    Reeses sticks (king size) 85g scanning at 50p (not any other Reeses)

and

Disney Frozen 200 cotton buds in round plastic container scanning 50p
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 23rd Jun 17, 12:31 AM
    • 1,742 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    LouLou
    The Aquamax Cream is also in Argyle Street as well as Union Street, for any Weegies looking for this (was in both yesterday evening).

The Honey coated Cashews are lovely, I'll definitely buy those again.
    • CuddlesTC
    • By CuddlesTC 23rd Jun 17, 12:02 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    CuddlesTC
    Just to report, the aquamax cream cleared up the admittedly small patches of eczema on my hand over the weekend. Been using it as a hand cream over the last few days and my hands are softer than they have been in ages, obviously everyone's different but I'd recommend trying this if you have sensitive skin. (Obviously anything major get checked out by the Docs)
    Originally posted by Violetta
    Thanks for the review - I've been going through a terrible attack of eczema, and am struggling to find something suitable for day-time use (everything seems to be either so greasy i can't grip my pen or so tacky I stick to my mouse), so I think I'll give up waiting for the free sample and pop down to see if my branch has any.
    Last edited by CuddlesTC; 23-06-2017 at 2:37 PM.
    • princesse_sarah_x
    • By princesse_sarah_x 24th Jun 17, 1:23 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 512 Thanks
    princesse_sarah_x
    My eczema was terrible last year all over my face and body, but I discovered Dr Organic range at Holland & Barrett from a review online for eczema and now it's practically gone, just get abit in my arm folds/behind knees when it's hot. It's not the cheapest but when bought on the buy one get one half price offer it's not too bad! I use the body lotion/souffle, and face creams. They have travel size of the body lotion for about £2 so it would be worth a try! I can't stand the feeling of the thick emollient creams/aqueous creams and they never seemed to help me. I've tried most of the ranges now and I think the manuka honey, argan oil and olive oil ranges are best, it's worth a try sorry to jump on the poundland thread but I recommend this to everyone when I read the word eczema
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Jun 17, 9:11 PM
    • 1,742 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow: Fox's Viennese Milk Chocolate Dipped Fingers 135g, seems to be £1.50 elsewhere:
    https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Biscuits/Foxs_Viennese_Milk_Chocolate_Dipped_Fingers_135g.h tml

Sigh, no idea why the URL keeps pasting as "h tml" (with a space) - if you want to see the link, copy/paste it without.
    Last edited by LouLou; 24-06-2017 at 9:49 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 30th Jun 17, 7:15 PM
    • 1,742 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some things from Trongate, Glasgow Poundland, about half an hour ago:

I Love Reading Phonics George The Genius Gerbil and I Love Reading Phonics The Cemetery Dance (comes in different Levels, explains each on the back of the book).
    The Tasty Snack Co Sesame Caramel Nuts 200g (enjoyed the smaller Honey Cashews packet last week, so giving these a try), USB Plug* (charges at 1.2A), Allura 2 x Styling Spin Pins.

These were 50p each: 4 x Hair Spirals (Butterfly Design) and 2 x Crocodile Clips (Flower/Swirls Design).

Also saw the Hot Wheels Star Wars cars in this store, took a sneaky photo:

*If anyone is curious/concerned, bigclive on Youtube tests these (the one I bought is the "striped" plug): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvSX7JkYNZw

Edit: The picture of the hair items isn't that great, here's a close up (took during the daytime): http://i.imgur.com/2aAx8yf.jpg

Poundland also sells a set of hair spirals in these designs, pearls, stars, (in silver, though, and also the sort of metal studs you see on biker's jackets) https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/dd/8f/8f/dd8f8fe172bf161db23f7ef2a9ba2570.jpg
    Last edited by LouLou; 01-07-2017 at 1:27 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 1st Jul 17, 9:49 PM
    • 1,742 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some of this is standard Poundland fare, but may be of use to someone. Argyle Street, Glasgow about an hour ago:

My Little Pony Cutie Magic Socks, Paddy's Bathroom Squirty Stuff - Smells Like Squishy Mangoes - Body Wash 200ml (was at the Baby/Toddler section),
    Makeup Gallery Powder Puffs x 5 (took one out!), 3 Clear Claw Clips (also in Black), Tommee Tippee Essentials Cherry Soother (6-18m - other ages/colours available), 4 Tortoiseshell Hair Clips, Millie "ice lolly" Hair Clips x 6, #flashmob Hair Mascara & Highlight Chalks 10.2ml, 6g.
    Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Lotus Complex + Colour Protect Intensive Mask (With UV Filter), 200ml.

Didn't see any diamante hair accessories in there, alas.
    Last edited by LouLou; 01-07-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 2nd Jul 17, 7:21 AM
    • 24,216 Posts
    • 50,932 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    The Allura styling pins are great, have been around for a while but I should warn you they do not work brilliantly in very smooth / shiny hair. If you are naturally blessed with such locks, either wait until hair is at least a day post washing, or rough it up a bit.

Speaking of hair, avoid this product at all costs:.

Three of us shared a pack yesterday (2 with long hair, one with short), there was so much if the stuff we still had to throw 1/4 away. The reason we made it all up is because I knew from experience with Olio that it wouldn't divide well became of the oil content, my usual technique for roots. The result for all 3 of us was an utter oil slick, the hair didn't colour well, took an age to dry and when it eventually did we looked like we'd emerged from the Exxon Valdez disaster. Not a good look, we had to wash our hair again a few hours later.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 2nd Jul 17, 2:10 PM
    • 1,742 Posts
    • 3,125 Thanks
    LouLou
    I'm in my Poundland(s) pretty faithfully and I've never seen Natroil (I'd probably pick it up for someone to try, as I know Olia has its fans).

I can see comments about it going back over a year ago so maybe it's been in stores a while (is Derma V10 exclusively a Poundland brand - not sure?).

With the horrible reviews I'm surprised they haven't taken it off sale.

Someone on Facebook complaining directly to Derma V10 around January 2017: https://www.facebook.com/DermaV10/posts/1228212427231975

(two even got compensation!)

Amazon reviews: https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B01KTTLJOC/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&reviewerType= all_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful

I can see a blogger, Life Goddess, has left a rave review which is a bit baffling (praising both colour and conditioning).

Sounds like nasty stuff! Glad I haven't found it on my travels!
    Last edited by LouLou; 02-07-2017 at 2:28 PM.
    • Lugh_Chronain
    • By Lugh_Chronain 3rd Jul 17, 6:58 PM
    • 6,774 Posts
    • 15,138 Thanks
    Lugh_Chronain
    I can't verify this myself as it's not mentioned on their website though just saw on HUKD that Poundland are currently selling Frank Cooper's Original Oxford marmalade. This may also be store specific.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/454g-frank-cooper-s-original-oxford-marmalade-1-poundland-2731790
    • Whalie
    • By Whalie 4th Jul 17, 12:37 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    Whalie
    I can see comments about it going back over a year ago so maybe it's been in stores a while (is Derma V10 exclusively a Poundland brand - not sure?).
    In reply to the question -Derma V10 products were stocked at Aldi a few years back (unsure if it still is).
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 4th Jul 17, 1:24 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Derma V10 has also been sighted in Home Bargains, Savers, Poundworld, Bodycare .
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 5th Jul 17, 4:21 PM
    • 5,368 Posts
    • 11,021 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    Edit: CuddlesTC on HUKD says that Aqueous Cream is no longer recommended for eczema (didn't know this).
    Originally posted by LouLou
    Aqueous cream should never be put neat on eczema or skin.

It is not a lotion/cream. It is a soap substitute.

Used correctly as a soap along with water it is great stuff and good for eczema. My son uses it for his. I occasionally use it myself it leaves skin soft without having to put on lotion/cream afterwards.
    Sealed pot challenge ~ 11 #017 - Open 1st Nov

• All eBayed Out
    • By All eBayed Out 5th Jul 17, 6:02 PM
    • 1,257 Posts
    • 55,182 Thanks
    All eBayed Out
    Biscuits .......

500g Arluy Jumbo biscuits are scanning at 50p !
    (these are the ones which are two rich tea biscuits with chocolate in between. Big red packet)
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 5th Jul 17, 6:10 PM
    • 24,216 Posts
    • 50,932 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Aqueous cream should never be put neat on eczema or skin.

It is not a lotion/cream. It is a soap substitute.
    Originally posted by iammumtoone
    This is not true, it is licensed for both and recommended for both.

The issue is that those with eczema have inflamed skin that may then react further to the SLS. That's where Aquamax might have the edge.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,493Posts Today

7,468Users online

Martin's Twitter