Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here!
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here! 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-05-2010 at 9:20 PM.
Page 344
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 29th May 17, 4:07 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 44,793 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    I didn't spot a Tangle Attack but I have two TT dupes I was sent to review, so would have to resist buying one.
    I spotted some cute little Calippo lip balms - orange flavour - ideal for warmer weather. The range of items available on the drinks and snacks 3 for £1 had expanded since my last visit and included Walker's Crisps with the money draw offer.
    I spotted some items that appeared to have gone missing had returned - hair dye, Bloo Maxi toilet blocks, and 550 ml bottles of Lenor.
    Not particularly good value were the sachets of Mr Muscle drain cleaner granules, probably a variation on caustic soda, which you can buy in Wilko's.
    500g of sultanas was decent value, and I got some Bobby's coffee syrup (vanilla) which is quite nice. There were some packs of Lotus coffee biscuits to go well with this.
    Some of the Jane Asher cake decorating items were 25p, bags of toffee were 50p as were Hallow'een sweet packs.

Not much in the way of books, the only one I can really recall was a biography of Conchita Wurst. More for children though - lots of Horrid Henry and some other popular titles.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 29th May 17, 8:35 PM
    • 7,046 Posts
    • 9,786 Thanks
    KxMx
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEUTRADOL-DUSTBIN-ODOUR-DESTROYER-350G/dp/B0070Z87DK

I usually get the blue Neutradol carpet powder to use in wheelie bin, since my local had above product in thought i'd try it.
    Impressed after a few days in empty wheelie bin it smells much better, albiet with a chemical blast when I open the lid! Gotta be better than the rubbish odours!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 30th May 17, 1:30 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    They're talking about these on HUKD today - 6 x 330ml Schweppes Grapefruit & Blood Orange cans, which is a bargain.

These will fly off the shelves (mind you, typically for Glasgow, today it's raining)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/schweppes-grapefruit-blood-orange-330ml-cans-pack-6-1-poundland-2704274 (kudos to mrsafety)
    Last edited by LouLou; 31-05-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 31st May 17, 12:01 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    Was looking for some cooking oils yesterday - saw my local Poundland has "Ibero" Grapeseed Oil in 250ml and Ibero Salad Oil - Virgin Olive Oil/Sunflower Oil 500ml in Trongate, Glasgow.

Not sure what Grapeseed Oil is like (seen it mentioned more on skincare forums!) but thought I'd give it a try.
    Last edited by LouLou; 21-06-2017 at 7:36 PM.
    • MoaningMyrtle
    • By MoaningMyrtle 31st May 17, 8:22 PM
    • 1,915 Posts
    • 2,981 Thanks
    MoaningMyrtle
    I thought of all my Poundland thread gals today as I wore the Pretty Polly undewear today under a jersey dress. It was their first outing. They were the nude coloured shorts. They were fairly comfortable and not restrictive. Looked nice and smooth on the tummy area. Thumbs up from me!
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 31st May 17, 8:35 PM
    • 3,963 Posts
    • 8,623 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    They're talking about these on HUKD today - 6 x 330ml Schweppes Grapefruit & Blood Orange cans, which is a bargain.

These will fly off the shelves (mind you, typically for Glasgow, today it's raining)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/schweppes-grapefruit-blood-orange-330ml-cans-pack-6-1-poundland-2704274 (kudos to mrsafety)
    Originally posted by LouLou
    My local Coop is selling off full size bottles of this (and all other flavours) for 75p for 750ml. The ingredients are horrible, you wouldn't catch me drinking the stuff!

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Fruit Juices from Concentrate 7.9% (Grapefruit 4.9%, Orange 2%, Lemon 1%), Sugar, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Vegetable and Plant Concentrates (Carrot, Safflower), Stabilisers (Acacia Gum, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins), Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides), Natural Citrus Flavourings with other Natural Flavourings.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,144.71
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,125
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 31st May 17, 9:11 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    My local Coop is selling off full size bottles of this (and all other flavours) for 75p for 750ml. The ingredients are horrible, you wouldn't catch me drinking the stuff!

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Fruit Juices from Concentrate 7.9% (Grapefruit 4.9%, Orange 2%, Lemon 1%), Sugar, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Vegetable and Plant Concentrates (Carrot, Safflower), Stabilisers (Acacia Gum, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins), Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides), Natural Citrus Flavourings with other Natural Flavourings.
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    A few on the HUKD thread said similar - thought it might be similar to San Pellegrino, maybe not!

I'm one of those weird people that prefers tea and coffee every time - barely ever drink fizzy pop, unless it's in alcohol!
    I thought of all my Poundland thread gals today as I wore the Pretty Polly undewear today under a jersey dress. It was their first outing. They were the nude coloured shorts. They were fairly comfortable and not restrictive. Looked nice and smooth on the tummy area. Thumbs up from me!
    Originally posted by MoaningMyrtle
    I really like mine and my mum made me go back to get her more, a few months back.

They're easy to get on and off for a pee, which is a bonus! Worn them on a few nights out and they're comfortable and unobtrusive.
    Last edited by LouLou; 31-05-2017 at 9:15 PM.
    • joyce63
    • By joyce63 1st Jun 17, 1:26 AM
    • 303 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    joyce63
    I found some Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in the Glasgow Sauchiehall Street store today. The colour is Calla Lily, it's a rose pink. Feels and looks good on. I bought 2 and then picked up some more in Argyle Street, though they didn't have as many in stock. A great bargain.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Jun 17, 11:05 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    Hastily making up a beauty bundle for my sister's birthday From Argyle Street, Glasgow, a few hours ago:

Vaseline Intensive Care, Advanced Repair, Fragrance Free, 200ml (cheapest I can see it is on offer at Superdrug for £1.69 http://www.superdrug.com/Vaseline/Vaseline-Intensive-Care-Advanced-Repair-Lotion-200ml/p/320704 usually around £3.)

Beautifully Scrumptious Deep Moisturising Foot Pack, Tea Tree & Peppermint (seems to be booties, you wear them for 20 minutes). Also in Honey & Almond, Moroccan Argan Oil Extract or Deep Moisturising Macadamia varieties.

L'Action "Lifting" Mud Face Mask With Essential Oils 15g.

Fing'rs Prints Girlie Glam, 31039 Sweet Sihouette, Press-On Nails With Charms (wear up to a week, easy off, 24 nails in 12 sizes, 2 charms with 6 adhesive tabs).

Lots of NYC eyeshadows (mini palettes or in stick form), eyeliner pencils (be aware the Showtime range has flecks of glitter in it), and I picked up an NYC BB Beautifying Blushable Cream Stick in 002 Never Sleeping Pink.

Also got a twin pack of Gift Bags with tags, one large, one medium, you can see the love heart design bag at the top of the photo. The smaller Gift Bag says "Especially For You" in Pink.

Here's a review of the NYC Blush Stick (sorry I mucked up the lighting on the photo, but you'll get a better look at it here) http://www.budgetbeautyblog.com/2015/03/nyc-cosmetics-beautyifying-blushable-bb-cream-stick-soho-pink-never-sleeping-pink-swatches.html

More details about the L'Action Face Mask: https://www.pharmaholic.com/beauty/laction-paris-1-min-solution-tea-tree-lotion-10ml-4894-4896-4900-4901-4902-4907-4908-4909-4922-4926-detail.html

Better pic of the Fing'rs Prints nails: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5c/06/09/5c06093985bcc40071e6096d673eb03f.jpg
    Last edited by LouLou; 03-06-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 9th Jun 17, 3:54 PM
    • 7,046 Posts
    • 9,786 Thanks
    KxMx
    Post #6862- bin was emptied today after 2 weeks. I only needed to add a little new powder, much less than I was expecting. Bin still smelt pretty good. Really impressed.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 9th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    • 3,963 Posts
    • 8,623 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Post #6862- bin was emptied today after 2 weeks. I only needed to add a little new powder, much less than I was expecting. Bin still smelt pretty good. Really impressed.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    Did you know that Bicarbonate of soda will do the exact same thing? You can buy a box for £1 in Home Bargains or Savers. You'd only need to add a small amount. No nasty chemicals, completely safe and natural.
    Minimalist
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,125
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 9th Jun 17, 7:04 PM
    • 6,872 Posts
    • 18,287 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Beautifully Scrumptious Deep Moisturising Foot Pack, Tea Tree & Peppermint (seems to be booties, you wear them for 20 minutes). Also in Honey & Almond, Moroccan Argan Oil Extract or Deep Moisturising Macadamia varieties.
    I can vouch for this stuff making feet feel fabulous - a worthy investment of 20 minutes while you do almost anything else. I must resupply, as both Scout camp & Prom season coming up. The younglings want to look amazing in strappy sandalled heels & haven't put the time & prep in. My incredible fellow Scout leaders are nearly out cold on their feet so a thankyou half hour of the circulating teapot & these applied to any foot without blisters acts impressively inside & out!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 13th Jun 17, 9:56 PM
    • 3,963 Posts
    • 8,623 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Heinz tomato ketchup 450g - £1! Cheapest in other supermarkets £1.50, so a good buy.
    Minimalist
    • harriet_whit
    • By harriet_whit 14th Jun 17, 9:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harriet_whit
    I love Poundland, I always forget how much stuff they have cheaper than the supermarket for household items
    • Luckystar
    • By Luckystar 15th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 950 Posts
    • 3,495 Thanks
    Luckystar
    Vaseline lip therapy bauble gift - like this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vaseline-Lip-Therapy-Bauble-Set/dp/B06XGXD16W/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1497532243&sr=8-1&keywords=Vaseline+lip+therapy+bauble

Angry birds keychain - lots of characters to choose from. These are plastic figures and come in a box

Plastic Dinosaur skeleton kit for kids to make a sand model - few different ones and they looked pretty good

Lots more nails inc back in stock - base coat and special effects mainly in stock

Also saw Piz Buin Suncream for £2 - one for face factor 30, and a normal one in factor 15
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 15th Jun 17, 9:48 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some bits and pieces from Argyle Street, Glasgow: Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in 01 Princess Rose shade.

This store also has Superman Water Guns (took a picture!).

And in Union Street, Glasgow: Kellogg's Fruit Winders 6 x 17g rolls, AquaMax Cream 100g ("SLS-free, emollient for softening, protecting and moisturising dry skin. Colour, fragrance and lanolin-free - for psoriasis, eczema, etc").
    Wall's Twister and Starship 4 lip balms 4g, Colorsport Rapid Lash-Gro Eyeliner, Black 3.5ml (bought the last few - these were in Poundland last year some time? Prefer this in Brown, tbh!).
    Dove Summer Glow + Soft Shimmer in Medium/Dark, 250ml (seems to be a Dutch import, but has a sticker on the back in English).

Saw the Vaseline Lip Therapy baubles in Union Street too, but didn't purchase (aren't those mini Vaselines around £1 anyway? Not sure, though).

I realise some of the above may be old news (as a few of these have been in Poundland a while) but worth mentioning for those who don't know.

Reviews of AquaMax here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B007CIL1JC/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&reviewerType= all_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful

Edit: I can see AquaMax themselves mention their product is now in Poundland, though they do say for "99p" (must be a mistake) http://www.aqua-max.co.uk/aquamax-emollient-cream-now-available-in-poundland-stores-at-99p/
    Last edited by LouLou; 16-06-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 16th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 254 Posts
    • 377 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    The Vaseline tins can be found in Home Bargains for 89p I think. The "lolly" lip balms were 2 for £1 last year I recall although they were in different packaging. The Dove Summer Glow is £1.99 in Home Bargains so I hope I can find some in Poundland near me. Don't know about anyone else but my Poundland hasn't had any really good bargains lately, like the hair products by famous brands that would usually sell for £4 - £5 in Boots etc that they used to get in.
    Last edited by catswiththumbs; 16-06-2017 at 8:44 AM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 16th Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 22,902 Posts
    • 47,598 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'm not sure it's a bargain but I bought a couple of wooden plant trellises the other day. My local only had the thin trapezoid shape in stock, but Stratford E15 had the rectangular ones in.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 16th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    The "lolly" lip balms were 2 for £1 last year I recall although they were in different packaging.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    Darn me and my cloudy brain - you're right enough! (About the 2 for £1 Lip Smacker Balms) http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71174534#6594

I put a pic of one of my receipts on a HUKD thread so they're definitely £1 each (unless it's a mistake in that store - unlikely, though)!

I saw similar Dove Summer Glow bottles (without the "Shimmer" part) for £2 in the nearby Poundworld, too.
    Last edited by LouLou; 16-06-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 16th Jun 17, 1:13 PM
    • 22,902 Posts
    • 47,598 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Isn't this just aqueous cream, that has been available in every pharmacy for generations?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,912Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin