Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 343
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 16th May 17, 10:13 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Found Pop Tarts 8 pack size today
    Originally posted by Luckystar
    I loved these as a child, they're like jam tarts but don't leave a mess in your pocket
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • vampire-girl
    • By vampire-girl 17th May 17, 11:13 PM
    • 4,396 Posts
    • 6,982 Thanks
    vampire-girl
    Sorry if not so relevant but on the facebook extreme couponing member group the poundland clearance store in Baglan Bay retail park in Port Talbot is closing down. It's a large store, rents too high.
    They have 90% off everything in the store. Some items were originally more than a pound for example I got a minnie mouse jewellery stand that was 20p, but majority of items went through as 5p or 10p each. They've given up putting items on shelves properly so just either dropping boxes in the aisles or tipping upside down on shelves.

My mam and me had 290 items and was supposed to be just under £300 and paid just under £26. So a brilliant bargain.

There's boxes of jewellery, christmas items, only small items of nail vanish left, body lotions, halloween items, baby items, gardening, toys, crafts, children's crafts and stickers, look a like mega blok figures, cds, dvds, one direction things, loads and loads of scarves, gloves and hats, pictures.

Ideal if you resell or have a regular stall, could just buy a box of jewellery for example.

I've never been to a poundland clearance store so was suprised at some items they sold. Took me 40 minutes to get there so was worth a trip for me. I've split up items for stocking fillers (the baby items were really nice) the most I paid was 50p for a fleece baby coat and mittens. Some for gifts, and for my craft stall and a charity raffle and the rest for a bootsale, majority of jewellery I'll chuck in the bootie.

It wasn't as chaos as I thought it might be,no-one pushing or snatching just grab a trolley or a box, aisles are wide as well, queue was only about five minutes when I went as think people went off for lunch. Would have been easier if staff put out a bit better But be prepared to rummage in boxes but then that's half the fun.
    If it helps they are putting out more stock (well dropping boxes on shelves or the middle of aisles) on night shift and it's last day on saturday.

Subway is near by for a yummy lunch oh and it was quite warm in the shop and there are no drinks left in their cooler.

Sorry if its too long winded I'm not the best at explaining and I know I've forgotten a lot of what was sold there.
    Last edited by vampire-girl; 17-05-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 19th May 17, 3:59 PM
    • 4,839 Posts
    • 9,996 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    Had a good haul today

Bath mat, surprised at the quality for a £1
    2 x nail inc varnishes
    NYC eye shadow set
    Revlon top and base coat http://www.boots.com/beauty/nails/revlon-nail-care-multi-care-and-top-coat-10218553
    the home handbook https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Handbook-Quick-Clean-Beautiful/dp/1408825570/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495205752&sr=8-1&keywords=home+handbook
    sam stern cookbook https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Get-Cooking-Sam-Stern/140630560X/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495205790&sr=1-6&keywords=sam+stern

last few times I have been in I was disappointed as couldn't find anything, today resorted my faith.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 20th May 17, 6:56 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Sorry if not so relevant but on the facebook extreme couponing member group the poundland clearance store in Baglan Bay retail park in Port Talbot is closing down. It's a large store, rents too high.
    They have 90% off everything in the store.
    Originally posted by vampire-girl
    Wow, that is a bargain (but sad for the staff and the local economy). I think the price reduction is a bit odd given the size of the store network, perhaps the cost of redistribution back to the main warehouse or other stores may have been too high?

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • vix2000
    • By vix2000 20th May 17, 10:36 PM
    • 1,095 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    vix2000
    Does anyone know if poundland have the ancient legends porridge in at the moment please?
    • vampire-girl
    • By vampire-girl 21st May 17, 8:12 PM
    • 4,396 Posts
    • 6,982 Thanks
    vampire-girl
    Wow, that is a bargain (but sad for the staff and the local economy). I think the price reduction is a bit odd given the size of the store network, perhaps the cost of redistribution back to the main warehouse or other stores may have been too high?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Apparently they were doing 75% off the week before and then altered to 90% off everything as they had so much in the shop's back warehouse to clear.
    As it was a poundland clearance it can't be put back in poundland stores, one of the workers said its due to health and safety that it also can't be sent back. I suppose it also would have been more work sending back and rearranging back on the shelves, and waiting until the right dates to put out halloween etc.

When I was there there were a couple of people with trailers and a horsebox was being filled. One woman was quite loud in declaring that she had her own shop. Towards the end they just had to get it cleared so boxes were in the aisles.
    Sad for the staff that were to be out of their jobs too.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 23rd May 17, 8:05 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 3,070 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some things from Argyle Street, Glasgow (alas, didn't have my mobile with me for once, so it's all lazy links)

Socksation Super Soft Comfort Hike Socks, UK 6-11 EUR 39-45, Twin Pack (socks on the left) http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/iXwAAOSwUKxYf4Mi/s-l1600.jpg

DK Readers Books:

Star Wars: I Want to Be a Jedi (DK Readers: Level 3) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Want-Readers-Level/dp/0756631122

Star Wars: R2-D2 and Friends (DK Readers: Level 2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-R2-D2-Friends-Readers/dp/0756645166

Star Wars: The Adventures of Han Solo (DK Readers: Level 2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Adventures-Readers-Level/dp/0756682525

Also worth a mention (I like him, anyway) is this Micky Flanagan: Funny Geezer - The Unofficial Biography paperback (not sure of the Amazon reviews though!) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micky-Flanagan-Geezer-Unofficial-Biography/dp/1784180025
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th May 17, 12:58 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Socksation Super Soft Comfort Hike Socks, UK 6-11 EUR 39-45, Twin Pack (socks on the left) http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/iXwAAOSwUKxYf4Mi/s-l1600.jpg
    Originally posted by LouLou
    I bought these on my last trip to the Land of the Pound, but haven't actually worn them yet...its just too hot!

Has anyone found fidget spinners in Poundland yet? Please report when you do.

• PinkTiger
    • By PinkTiger 24th May 17, 6:27 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    PinkTiger
    Has anyone found fidget spinners in Poundland yet? Please report when you do.
    I saw the fidget spinners in Poundland yesterday, in a box by the till, they were £2 though!
    'there goes an old transexual, last seen heading south,
    her friends call her Bernie but her real name is Ralph'
    Felicia, Priscilla Queen of the Desert
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th May 17, 10:02 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I saw the fidget spinners in Poundland yesterday, in a box by the till, they were £2 though!
    Originally posted by PinkTiger
    I can wait until I find them for £1.

Personally, I think they are worth little more than tuppence but I thought the little person in my life might like one....

• roshydoshy
    • By roshydoshy 25th May 17, 1:43 PM
    • 806 Posts
    • 5,822 Thanks
    roshydoshy
    not Poundland related but if you go onto Quidco today, they have an offer for a free finger spinner from The Works on their May Madness offer

HTH
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 25th May 17, 4:02 PM
    • 7,118 Posts
    • 9,928 Thanks
    KxMx
    Twin packs of Fox's Golden Crunch Creams, 460g total for a quid can't be bad

Added: Also a large stand of magnets, with funny/ cute sayings. Looked very good quality with loads of choice.
    Last edited by KxMx; 25-05-2017 at 7:38 PM.
    • sumoqueen
    • By sumoqueen 27th May 17, 8:46 AM
    • 1,522 Posts
    • 912 Thanks
    sumoqueen
    Twin packs of Fox's Golden Crunch Creams, 460g total for a quid can't be bad

Added: Also a large stand of magnets, with funny/ cute sayings. Looked very good quality with loads of choice.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    I got a couple of packs of the biscuits (also had chocolate ones) as they are my favourite as in tesco they are 99p for one single pack not twin! I was vary going to the till in case they were one of their £2 items in the wrong place as I found out with robinsons squash the other day!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) 2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 27th May 17, 7:21 PM
    • 4,038 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Beware that the curse of the shrinking pack sizes is hitting stores again. Popped in for some Dettol Antibacterial Spray and noticed the pack looked strangely thin and tall. Gone down from 500ml, to 440ml. I managed to find the last 500ml hiding at the back of the shelf. Won't be buying this there again, unless they prove to be shrinking in all stores.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,602.53
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,240
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 28th May 17, 5:27 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I had a wander around Poundland this afternoon, specifically to get flip flops for the little one. They had lots of mens (Union Jack), medium sized ladies and also for older children, including some Cinderella, Minnie Mouse and Frozen. The range of styles for toddlers was very limited, but did the job.

I was v pleased that I also found a Tangle Teezer! I knew it would end up in Poundland eventually....good things come to those that wait

• MoaningMyrtle
    • By MoaningMyrtle 28th May 17, 6:20 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 2,990 Thanks
    MoaningMyrtle
    I had a wander around Poundland this afternoon, specifically to get flip flops for the little one. They had lots of mens (Union Jack), medium sized ladies and also for older children, including some Cinderella, Minnie Mouse and Frozen. The range of styles for toddlers was very limited, but did the job.

I was v pleased that I also found a Tangle Teezer! I knew it would end up in Poundland eventually....good things come to those that wait
    Was is an actual Tangle Teezer? Or a copy ? I will go on a mission tomorrow
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 28th May 17, 9:45 PM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Was is an actual Tangle Teezer? Or a copy ? I will go on a mission tomorrow
    Originally posted by MoaningMyrtle
    I tell a lie.

Now that the packaging has been removed I can see it's a Tangle Attack. So not the TM'd original but has passed the tangle test and can be handled with ease by our 2 yo. In fact she even had a go on my hair, saying "gently, gently" which is exactly what I say yo he when dealing with the most convoluted knots!

• MoaningMyrtle
    • By MoaningMyrtle 28th May 17, 10:41 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 2,990 Thanks
    MoaningMyrtle
    Should be worth a try then. I will endeavour to buy one asap.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 29th May 17, 12:32 AM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 3,070 Thanks
    LouLou
    (Not really about Poundland, just me wibbling on about detangling brushes for wet hair)

I have seen the "Tangle Attack" in Poundland on and off over the last few years (assuming it's the one I think it is)..no experience of it though I do know some HUKDers weren't keen (apparently the bristles aren't as soft as a Tangle Teezer and its counterparts). Example thread: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tangle-teezer-attack-back-1-00-poundland-1631514

I have the Wet Brush, Tangle Teezer and the Denman Tangle Tamer. Out of all of these my favourite is the Denman - it doesn't fly out of damp hands the way the TT does - it catches hair as it should and it's the one I use most. The other two I just use for travelling and it wouldn't be a heartbreak to lose them.

Tangle Teezer must have picked up on the "Handle = Good" opinions out there as they now have a handled version. Haven't tried that one.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th May 17, 2:50 AM
    • 23,201 Posts
    • 48,439 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I have seen the "Tangle Attack" in Poundland on and off over the last few years (assuming it's the one I think it is)..no experience of it though I do know some HUKDers weren't keen (apparently the bristles aren't as soft as a Tangle Teezer and its counterparts). Example thread: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tangle-teezer-attack-back-1-00-poundland-1631514
    Originally posted by LouLou
    Its here I have the advantage - nothing to compare it with! But it does seem to have advanced, in as much as I saw bright pink, blue and grey colours available : D

My hair is very wild in its natural state - even the Dyson hairdryer offers v transient results - and I usually us an Afro combo on it whilst wet as a detangler before going in with a brush. A little dab of olive / coconut oil on my palms transforms it into sleek waves rather than a frizzy shapeless mess - beats Frizz-Ease hands down! - but there is a v fine balance between getting it right and ending up with a total oil slick.

The tangle attack did cut tight through it, though.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 29-05-2017 at 2:52 AM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

36Posts Today

3,490Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin