Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here!
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here! 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-05-2010 at 9:20 PM.
Page 340
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Mar 17, 5:49 PM
    • 14,162 Posts
    • 240,394 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Signalex Power Bank

Portable phone or USB device charger

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 8th Mar 17, 8:55 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    No sign of the Fox's Biscuits in the Trongate or Argyle Street, Glasgow stores - but I did go a bit crisp and biscuit-crazy :P

Twin pack of Fox's Melts Viennese Chocolate 2 x 120g, Burton's Fish & Chips Salt & Vinegar 5+2 Free 7 x 25g, Hula Hoops Cheese & Onion 7 x 24g, Paterson's Shortbread Selection 300g.

Also Argyle Street Poundland has these Plenty Easy Clean Wet Wipes Starter Kit + 30 Large Wipes in Multi-Purpose, Anti-Bacterial and Bathroom varieties (they have a spring cleaning event on).
    Last edited by LouLou; 09-03-2017 at 4:42 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Mar 17, 10:32 PM
    • 22,884 Posts
    • 47,537 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Poundland sell foil balloons and fill them, for a further pound. Unfortunately all but the 18s and 21s were out of stock (looked in 2 branches).

Luckily Cardfair does slightly smaller ones - albeit plain foil ones - for £1.49, which I supplemented with a Peppa Pig one for £2.49. Our 2 yo LO played happily with them this afternoon
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 9th Mar 17, 4:01 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    Found the Fox's biscuits in Sauchiehall Street! The date on these is 25/11/17.

Edit: Also, these are on "special offer" from £4 to £2 at Tesco currently https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/default.aspx?id=289969252 (have to copy/paste the linky, at least on the device I'm using).
    One Amazon review complains about there only being 19 biscuits in the pack (though they paid much more) but for £1 it's still a steal.
    Last edited by LouLou; 10-03-2017 at 4:10 AM. Reason: Extra Info
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 10th Mar 17, 2:43 PM
    • 7,040 Posts
    • 9,783 Thanks
    KxMx
    Wotsits mega share bag 126g.
    Walkers C&O, Ready Salted 75% extra free share bags, 175g total.
    Mcvities Digestives 100% extra free 600g total.
    • skintmumof3
    • By skintmumof3 12th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    • 760 Posts
    • 2,410 Thanks
    skintmumof3
    In my local Poundland they Garnier Nutrisse (deep red) for £1 and for £2 they had Carte Noire coffee 100g and 21 Mcvities Gold chocolate bars.......

Gold bars in Sainsburys £1.80 for 8 and the coffee is £4.99..and the hair dye is £6.....so I filled me boots....

HTH

Skint

x
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 12th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 22,884 Posts
    • 47,537 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Thanks skint....any other Nutrisse shades available, or just the red?

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • skintmumof3
    • By skintmumof3 12th Mar 17, 5:59 PM
    • 760 Posts
    • 2,410 Thanks
    skintmumof3
    Just the deep red....the cashier serving me had used it on her dark hair and it looked lovely...like deep red highlights.....but it will probably turn my grey bits pink...lol
    • skintmumof3
    • By skintmumof3 12th Mar 17, 5:59 PM
    • 760 Posts
    • 2,410 Thanks
    skintmumof3
    oops..sorry forgot they also had a blonde colour too.....
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 17th Mar 17, 11:52 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    Store-specific but there's a 50p section of randomness in Poundland, Sauchiehall Street, near the self-service section.

Got my niece a few Turtle Wax items (in tubes, not bottles) Perfect Finish Scratch Remover (in different colours) http://www.turtlewax.co.uk/images/default-source/default-album/_0005_turtle-wax---scratch-remover-fg7288.png?sfvrsn=0 (got my niece Red, but think the other ones were Black?) and Perfect Finish Protect & Shine (didn't seem to be the interior version I can see online - this was for after shampooing the car).

Also lots of the Keyboard Magnets packs I bought from Poundland eons ago https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0899/2174/products/monster-factory-firdge-magnets-keyboard.jpg?v=1488285276

Many 2017 annuals, some books.

Will try to take a photo next time I pass - we were in a hurry! Trying to wrack my brains thinking what else was there - will have to ask her (cloudy brain!).

Edit: Seems they add extra bits to this 50p section - a variety of Hello Kitty Wall Stickers last time I was there. And St Patrick's Day face paints!

Argyle Street also has a 50p random clearance section of socks and other odds and sods.
    Last edited by LouLou; 25-03-2017 at 5:07 PM.
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 18th Mar 17, 12:33 AM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 44,785 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    First visit to a Poundland in ages (Bishop Auckland Retail Park) I spotted espresso and lungo Nespresso compatible capsules - not seen before. Not a brand name (Cafe Deli). Will report on taste and performance.

Edit: Also spotted 6 pack of Worcester Sauce flavour Walkers French Fries. Have never seen these before - snaffled!
    Last edited by mcculloch29; 18-03-2017 at 12:36 AM.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 18th Mar 17, 4:10 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 44,785 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Following on from the above, I have now tried the lungo coffee capsules (Caffe Deli with 2 fs, looking at the capsule packet rather than my receipt).
    The good news is the capsules work really well, no jamming, a good delivery without spluttering and a good crema.

I found the flavour of the lungo to be quite weak, but there again, I didn't have huge expectations. These capsules are only 10p each after all. If you have somebody in your house (or a guest) who doesn't like strong coffee, they should love these.

Mine won't be wasted, I will be using them for mocha coffees with some drinking chocolate mix.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • Worrierwalker
    • By Worrierwalker 18th Mar 17, 9:43 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    Worrierwalker
    I like the clip top microwave bowls with handle- great for heating soup, beans veg etc.. They haven't had them in for a while but I managed to get some today. I have seen them in other places for about £3.50.
    • Andersonmam
    • By Andersonmam 18th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Andersonmam
    Another hair product
    Another find today - Charles Worthington, full size 200ml, Moisture Seal Overnight Ultimate Hair Healer. Currently £6.99 in Boots, though the one from Poundland is in different packaging (silvery box). This is aimed at hair suffering from dryness, frizz or damage to strengthen and can also be used as a 5 minute hair mask if you don't want to leave on overnight. Paraben free and safe for use on coloured hair.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 22,884 Posts
    • 47,537 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Edit: Also spotted 6 pack of Worcester Sauce flavour Walkers French Fries. Have never seen these before - snaffled!
    Originally posted by mcculloch29
    These are a regular feature in my local stores, mum often buys them for the little one. She seem to enjoy them

• ladybabe
    • By ladybabe 25th Mar 17, 3:50 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    ladybabe
    Aussie shower gel full size in Sheffield today same as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/162416456622?chn=ps&adgroupid=40252304524&rlsatarg et=pla-279051367431&abcId=923866&adtype=pla&merchantid=69 95734&poi=&googleloc=1007064&device=c&campaignid=7 38469119&crdt=0
    There are people so poor that the only thing they have is money
    • theblagger
    • By theblagger 25th Mar 17, 7:50 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 2,409 Thanks
    theblagger
    Poundland should be renamed pounds land, considering the amount of stuff they are flogging over a quid....and some of the stuff cheaper in supermarkets
    tinfoil hat ...

Derisive attempt on behalf of blind conformists to discredit and stigmatise those who dare to question authority, ill thought out policies, PR Stunts....
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 27th Mar 17, 3:07 AM
    • 22,884 Posts
    • 47,537 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Also lots of the Keyboard Magnets packs I bought from Poundland eons ago https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0899/2174/products/monster-factory-firdge-magnets-keyboard.jpg?v=1488285276
    Originally posted by LouLou
    I love these! Will keep an eye out for them so the LO can start to spell out words on my freezer door. I was thinking of getting more photo fridge magnets for the top half anyway, so this will be a good addition for the bottom.

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 28th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    • 22,884 Posts
    • 47,537 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I popped into Stratford E20 yesterday evening.

They had the Fox's biscuits (exp Nov 17) in but not the magnets. Its not difficult to walk out the shop with nothing rather than continue impulse shopping, because the long (albeit fast-moving) queues are a such a deterrent.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 31st Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,996 Thanks
    LouLou
    Here's a pic of the 50p Section in Argyle St, Glasgow (should take a photo of the Sauchiehall St one!). Seems to change here and there.

Wedding Post Box, Wedding Invitation Cards, Cupcake Tablecover, 10 Cupcake Wrappers, 2 x Cupcake Banner Set, Farm Puppets (some sort of hand puppet!), Disney Captain Jake & the Neverland Pirates Invites, various sunglasses, reading glasses, Top Gear Stig On Board sign, Pirate Cupcake Shack, Pirate Tablecover, Disney Cars Inflatable Swim Ring, 8 x Black/Blue Pens, Brass House Numbers, Party Favours, some sort of turquoise/green corduroy rucksack-type bags (swim bags maybe)?, rolls of Loveheart Garlands (must be from Valentine's), Top Trumps cards, PC CD-ROMs - look quite basic though, Disney Planes stickers? I think, Jigsaw Puzzles, Dr Miriam Stoppard Your Antenatal Care books, a few nail varnishes.

Also a bundle of socks tucked away at the bottom! A few fishing items on the bottom-right, near the girly sunglasses, but can't tell what they are (no expert, sorry!).

Probably missed out a few items but that's what I can make out!

The full-size jpeg (if anyone wants to zoom in and squint at it) is here http://i.imgur.com/RhC9zzD.jpg
    Last edited by LouLou; 31-03-2017 at 6:03 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,420Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin