Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Quick! Grabbit while you can > Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds... (Page 153)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here!
Views: 1,721,369
# 3041
michele-p
Old 20-12-2011, 2:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I think I'll get down to poundland tonight, we saw the gloved on the gadget show and other half thought they looked really good.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to michele-p For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3042
loveabargain13
Old 20-12-2011, 2:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Smile

I got the last adult pair in romford went in both poundlands, http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-r...ssorted-sizes/

Kids and Adults one size.

I tried them out on self check out in sainsburys and they actually work! So no more taking off gloves to touch the screen!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveabargain13 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3043
whamfanuk
Old 20-12-2011, 2:35 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via AIM to whamfanuk Send a message via MSN to whamfanuk Send a message via Yahoo to whamfanuk Send a message via Skype™ to whamfanuk

ive got the gloves from poundland and the are fab!
fattys on a diet! 52lb target...... 35lb lost
The Following User Says Thank You to whamfanuk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3044
artha
Old 20-12-2011, 2:40 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Saw them today in poundland. Not being a touch screen user I'm struggling to appreciate how these differ from a normal thin pair of gloves. Anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to artha For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3045
klolav
Old 20-12-2011, 2:41 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I bought some for phone/ipod addict kids yesterday, great price!
The Following User Says Thank You to klolav For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3046
pulliptears
Old 20-12-2011, 2:46 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

If you struggle in poundland B&M also have these, a little dearer at £1.99, though still a bargain! Make sure wherever you buy from you check the boxes as most of the ones in my local BM were empty and the contents stolen!!

Incidentally, the laptop coolers aren't up to much at all I'm afraid
This is my bargain you mewling quim!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pulliptears For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3047
Jewelleryfan
Old 20-12-2011, 2:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by artha View Post
Saw them today in poundland. Not being a touch screen user I'm struggling to appreciate how these differ from a normal thin pair of gloves. Anyone?
Normal gloves don't work on touch screens but the itouch and other gloves have a different material like sensors on a few of the fingers so it works when you swipe or type on the screen
Saving my pennies for my wedding on 10th August 2013!

First date 28/01/2010 Engaged 25/08/2011 Getting married 10/08/2013
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewelleryfan For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3048
kitschkitty
Old 20-12-2011, 6:46 PM

Bought a bunch of "AA Car Essentials" branded car care items for a Christmas hamper I'm making. Turns out they're all £4.99 on Amazon so that's nice. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Car-Essentia...4406520&sr=8-2 http://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Car-Essen...406597&sr=1-50 http://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Car-Essen...406597&sr=1-49 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Car-Essen...406597&sr=1-57
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kitschkitty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3049
deadrobot
Old 20-12-2011, 7:03 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekylilbint86 View Post
Glad to help deadrobot, hope your local store has them, I work in the Canterbury store and we had them delivered on Saturday but they aren't on the shelves yet so it may be worth asking someone if you can't find them xx
Thanks! When I went they had 3 of the 4 packs but I was running out of arm room and didn't have a backpack with me so I thought I'd get them the next day. Wrong! All gone but I did note the use by date was before the wedding so wouldn't have been able to stockpile, but still would have fancied a pack! I'll check tomorrow though, they might have replenished!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadrobot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3050
deadrobot
Old 20-12-2011, 7:31 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

The poundland in Glasgow Argyle Street is selling
Polaroid A4 photo paper 12 sheets http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Pre.../dp/B0060RPW46
Polaroid 6x4 photo paper 50 sheets http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Pre...4408630&sr=8-5
and Polaroid photo dots and sticky pads http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLAROID-M...item56479a80df

I haven't tried them yet, but I thought they were pretty good value, and a brand name so might be ok
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadrobot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3051
sammyislost
Old 21-12-2011, 2:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

The kids slipper socks are FAB. I bought a pair of spongebob ones for my 18 month old to stop them slipping on the wooden flooring, and they are a brilliant fit.

Also avaliable are peppa pig, dora and disney princess i think.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sammyislost For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3052
TrixieB
Old 21-12-2011, 3:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I bought a can of dry shampoo today that is a different one to the ones they usually stock, Intu Style - there is a blonde and a brunette vversion. And it smells like a stink bomb! Yellow/lime green can, steer clear! I've got to go and wash my hair now :/ it's vile and almost made me throw up
Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TrixieB For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3053
yazzine
Old 21-12-2011, 9:08 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Sorry if already mentioned,

A real bargin (for me) Bepanthen wipes - 12 wipes in a pack. Brilliant as light enough to carry around in bag then a tube @ £6.03 for 100g in tesco (in offer at boots for £4.97).

Wipes available in boots @ £2.17 (was £3.25) http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...rch=#container
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yazzine For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3054
cheekylilbint86
Old 22-12-2011, 12:16 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyislost View Post
I'm always in the Canterbury store stocking up on bargains! Thanks for posting them on here, it's so kind of you to take the time to do it!
Aww you're welcome hun my mum and I have been members of this site for a couple of years and have managed to get loads of bargains due to people posting so its nice to be able to help others in return.
Those Five Alive juices that I mentioned in my last post are actually 2 for £1 and come in two flavours, can't remember what they are though sorry!
We've got multipacks of Wotsits in that have 14 (yes 14!!) packs in (6x cheese 4 flaming hot and 4x prawn cocktail flavour), might be good for the kids' packed lunches when they go back to school?
I'm struggling to think of anything else as I've been on till again all day today and haven't had chance to go for a wander but will post again tomorrow night when I've finished my Christmas baking.Happy bargain hunting xx
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cheekylilbint86 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3055
TravellingAbuela
Old 22-12-2011, 6:49 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

In the Keighley store yesterday they had a mountain of Matthew Walkers 1lb Christmas Puddings - http://www.matthewwalkerchristmaspuddings.co.uk/. We had one of these last Christmas so I know they are nice. I grabbed a few as DH isn't averse to eating a bowl of Xmas Pud any time of the year!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TravellingAbuela For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3056
cheekylilbint86
Old 22-12-2011, 7:52 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi guys, me again .We had some official Tron toys,like this, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...TVSZ2XMC964R36 in todays delivery.Also some large, pink Forever Friends gift bags that come with tissue paper and flower shaped sequins AAAAAAAAAAAND we have Easter chocolate!ALREADY!From what I saw, we have the bags of little Milky Bar eggs and the Galaxy Caramel Eggs (the same size as Creme Eggs, or even hen's eggs!lol)They won't be out 'til after Christmas but thought I'd give you lot plenty of notice!
The best thing I've seen in the warehouse today is a load of 2012 annuals that came in yesterday.We have Family Guy (RRP £12.99!) and Shoot (RRP £7.99) as well as WWE and a few others that (yet again) I can't remember. xx
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cheekylilbint86 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3057
TrixieB
Old 23-12-2011, 1:37 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Saw a load of the annusals today, aside from ones mentioned there's also a transformers one

Another vote for matthew Waler xmas puds, they are delicious and the puds can keep for a good couple of years despite what it might say on box
Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrixieB For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3058
skibster
Old 27-12-2011, 4:57 PM

Found Tatum O'Neal's autobiography A Paper Life on audiobook in with the cd section (6 hours long on 5 CDs). It costs just under 5 quid on Amazon after shipping.
# 3059
li'l_p
Old 27-12-2011, 5:46 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Ours has a lot of Blackberry covers, clear and rubber type covers. They had a huge rack of them.
# 3060
lynzpower
Old 27-12-2011, 6:52 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingAbuela View Post
In the Keighley store yesterday they had a mountain of Matthew Walkers 1lb Christmas Puddings - http://www.matthewwalkerchristmaspuddings.co.uk/. We had one of these last Christmas so I know they are nice. I grabbed a few as DH isn't averse to eating a bowl of Xmas Pud any time of the year!
Have to agree, these are fantastic puds. Will be getting some more for the cupboard, thanks for the heads up
Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
This Ive come to know...
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast