Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 26th Oct 05, 12:00 AM
    • 21,249Posts
    • 25,190Thanks
    Belkin Wireless Card
    • 26th Oct 05, 12:00 AM
    Belkin Wireless Card 26th Oct 05 at 12:00 AM
    I'm experimenting with linux on my Mother-in-laws computer, risky but I don't want to screw mine up first, however I can't seem to get hold of a driver for the Belkin 11g wireless card. Any idea where I may get one? The disk only shows M.S drivers.
Page 1
  • frak
    • 26th Oct 05, 8:37 AM
    • 26th Oct 05, 8:37 AM
    Firsly it woudl be a good idea to whip the card out and note down its exact model number and specification usually found on the main chipset of the card. Without a bit more research i couldnt tell you exactly what drivers you will need as i'd need this info and the distribution of linux you are using. Most likely a prism chipset but i cant be sure.

Dig inside; inside is the fountain of good, and it will forever flow, if you will forever dig.
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 26th Oct 05, 1:05 PM
    • 21,249 Posts
    • 25,190 Thanks
    • 26th Oct 05, 1:05 PM
    • 26th Oct 05, 1:05 PM
    Thanks, I'll go and have a look asap
  • 1purplefairy
    • 26th Oct 05, 9:28 PM
    • 26th Oct 05, 9:28 PM
    Try for a driver or something like

For the site you will need a password to get signed in.
    Username = drivers
    password = all

Hope that helps
    do you believe in Fairies?

It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Oct 05, 9:43 PM
    • 28,840 Posts
    • 32,552 Thanks
    • 26th Oct 05, 9:43 PM
    • 26th Oct 05, 9:43 PM
    those are all Windows drivers

he is looking for LINUX drivers
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

7,695Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Dear @George_Osborne why didnt you have the balls to announce your retrospective hike to student loans in the statement? Why hide it?

• So millions of graduates will pay more. Its done it even tho 95% of consultation responses opposed. Background here

• HIDDEN IN SMALL PRINT Disgracefully govt is retrospectively hiking student loan costs for 2012+ starters by freezing repay threshold #AS2015

• Follow Martin