Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    lexi
    netgear unsecured network
    • 26th Jul 08, 9:37 PM
    netgear unsecured network 26th Jul 08 at 9:37 PM
    any ideas if this is ok? my brother has had a saga wiv toucan resulting in him buying a netgear router. strange then that his broadband was slowly working on a dial up? anyway all was sort of ok until 2 nights ago wen nothing! i went to sort it out & found under connections dial up & netgear which had excellent strength. i tried to connect & had to go to the isp addo netgear provided. only prob is netgear sez its an unsecured network! my brother had to put in his email & password for toucan to connect thru netgear so.........1 is this legal & ok as he does have a netgear router? 2 is the netgear connection ok as he has put in his own password via toucan or does he have to change the password wen signing in on the netgear isp? i really dont want my brother to get into trouble or have sum1 use his connection to download dodgy stuff as he is a bit of a techie noob.ironically the speed is much quicker & the teething probs he was having have now gone! any help is appreciated
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,985Users online

Martin's Twitter