Look here first - Bankruptcy Help: Important topics, factsheets and links

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Thanks. :)

I need to put some basic info on there, even if it can't go into great detail yet.

BTW, the NI Insolvency Service site is HERE.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • LilyBart
    LilyBart Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Fermi,
    Have you already covered how to complain about harassment by creditors? Perhaps this would be useful (just as an alternative to one of Bat's fire-and-brimstone letters)?
    Lily
    http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/debt_factsheets/harassment_of_people_in_debt_by_creditors.php
  • fermi
    And just whats wrong with my fire-and-brimstone letters:confused:

Guess i best not show lily my latest one had i then then Fermi :o:p :rotfl:

Nope. :p

Scares the life out of me, and I'm not the DCA. :eek:
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• LilyBart
    LilyBart Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    No, no Bat! I *love* the fire and brimstone! You are a veritable hero of fight-back letters! The Prince of Without Prejudice! The Sultan of Section 40! I simply thought it might be nice to have a less, er, impassioned take on it for those of us who are a little lily-livered....
  • Sonn1e wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help with this question. i am currently one year in to an I.V.A. and now i find out that some of the companies i am paying off have miss sold PPI to me. so my question is can i while in an I.V.A chase them for this money back.
    i am sure if i do they will just put it back into the I.V.A, that fine by me less to pay off.

:cool:
    I can't help I'm afraid but think it's probably worth doing a new thread for this so that more people will see it.
    Declared bankrupt on 12/09/2008 @11:56
    BSC no. 196 - My diary thread
  • how do you do that? not to familiar with forums yet!
  • fermi
    Sonn1e wrote: »
    how do you do that? not to familiar with forums yet!

I'll move your post into it's own thread for you.

In the future you just need to click the newthread.gif button on the board that you want to start a thread on. ;)

EDIT: The new thread is here: I.V.A question

• DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Hi fermi, just wondered whether it would be of use to people on here to have a list of the relevant courts and whether they operate on an appointment only basis or if they just operate a drop in service? Sorry if its silly but it's just something that occurred to me. Or should I start a thread about this and ask people to post up their court's name and whether it was appointment based or drop in service.

Thanks.
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
  • fermi
    May be an idea if people can put it together.

But it is vital to always check directly with your court rather than use any list. You don't want to turn up on the day expecting a drop-in service only to find you have to wait a month for an appointment.

Plus with the numbers of people going BR changing, I expect some of the courts may well change how they do it.

• DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Hi fermi, was going to start a thread about the court thing, just out of interest too, would it be allowed to ask the guys to pop up the telephone number of the court so that potential BR's can contact them for appointments or forms. Or is that something we shouldn't advertise? Wanted to ask before did it in case maybe should not advertise the numbers openly?
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport