Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    astralbee
    0 WOW
    Baby Formula - are Aptamil and C&G exactly the same??
    • 21st Jul 08, 7:43 PM
    0 WOW
    Baby Formula - are Aptamil and C&G exactly the same?? 21st Jul 08 at 7:43 PM
    Just had our first baby and after a couple of weeks attempted breastfeeding have had to switch to formula. We tried SMA but didn't think so much to it - lots of reports of baby constipation and it was true in our case too.

So here's the decision we were faced with - Cow&Gate, or Aptimil?

A friend of ours who works in child health uses Aptimil for her own children, which she prefers because of its probiotic content. But she also gave us the impression it was much more expensive, so we went with Cow&Gate which is now boasting probiotics anyway.

Now, I'm all for saving money but I want the best for my child. Although baby is really happy with the C&G I kept picking up Aptimil in the supermarket and wondering if we should have gone with that. Turns out its only a quid or so more for the largest tub.

BUT!! Today I just noticed something. Both Aptimil and Cow&Gate are manufactured at exactly the same place, not only in this country but also in Ireland too. I mean, the manufacturing address is identical, even the unit number of the industrial estate. Coincidence?

Are these two products, one priced slightly more competively, exactly the same?? If so, you could save yourself a few quid by switching to the cheaper one. I'm interested in hearing from anyone that knows more.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

295Posts Today

1,177Users online

Martin's Twitter