Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Whats the soonest I can start my clean up? 1 month? 6 weeks? 2, 3 months? I know I should have more patience, but I'm keen to start and get it all sorted (feels like sooner its done, the sooner I can truely put it all behind me).

You could do it straight away, but waiting a month or 2 gives them a chance to update files themselves, and so may save you a lot of work/stamps/hassle.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • WLITC
    WLITC Posts: 1,029
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    fermi wrote: »
    You could do it straight away, but waiting a month or 2 gives them a chance to update files themselves, and so may save you a lot of work/stamps/hassle.
    Okay, I'll try and resist the urge and wait until I'm 2 months after AD. Hopefully by that point they should have updated things if they are going too.
  • tony_cluedo
    tony_cluedo Posts: 105
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is there a template letter for complaints to the ICO about companies who have not acted on the clean up letters?

Im doing this for my brother. He was a builder who had a fair few house. Most of the mortgage companies have complied but one has not responded at all so we need to go to the ICO about them and another has written back saying that until they sell the house they won't stop reporting a default to his credit file. From my understanding that is wrong? He's been discharged just over a year at this point.
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is there a template letter for complaints to the ICO about companies who have not acted on the clean up letters?

Im doing this for my brother. He was a builder who had a fair few house. Most of the mortgage companies have complied but one has not responded at all so we need to go to the ICO about them and another has written back saying that until they sell the house they won't stop reporting a default to his credit file. From my understanding that is wrong? He's been discharged just over a year at this point.

everything you need is here (post 3)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=677875
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • tony_cluedo
    Forumite
    Cheers.

I've been using that post, was just wondering if there was a template for the ICO letter like there is for the lenders.
  • tony_cluedo
    Forumite
    For the proof of delivery of the original letter to the creditor, is a photocopy of the Post Office receipt acceptable? This would show the 13 digit bar code so the ICO could check at royalmail.com that the letter has been delivered.

If this is not acceptable what do you use?
  • fermi
    Forumite
    Cheers.

I've been using that post, was just wondering if there was a template for the ICO letter like there is for the lenders.

You fill in the ICO forms, where you are asked to give details and explain the complaint.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• fermi
    Forumite
    For the proof of delivery of the original letter to the creditor, is a photocopy of the Post Office receipt acceptable? This would show the 13 digit bar code so the ICO could check at royalmail.com that the letter has been delivered.

If this is not acceptable what do you use?

Print out the electronic proof of delivery from the website, along with any signature that goes with it.

• fermi wrote: »
    Print out the electronic proof of delivery from the website, along with any signature that goes with it.

So just type in the 13 digit bar code on royalmail.com and print off the page showing 'this letter was delivered on 'date' from our 'post office' branch?
  • fermi
    Forumite
    A photocopy/scan of the Post Office proof of sending and a print off of the electronic POD as below should do it.

podx.png

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback