Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    BOB_BOB
    Work Related Stress - Sick Leave Redundancy
    • 9th Jul 08, 12:26 PM
    Work Related Stress - Sick Leave Redundancy 9th Jul 08 at 12:26 PM
    A bit of background
    Have worked for current employer for almost 10 years. Since start of 2005 I have been in an unhealthy situation with regards to my managers, I feel they have been trying to manage me out of the company. Moved (without any input from me) to a new team/role I have been denied training, any assistance and whilst the company has a formal two step performance review process (Set expectations then later review against expectations) this process has either been denied or only partially completed and abused. Other nonsense has taken place over this time. This has resulted in my absence from work for most of this year due to work related stress. Redundancies have now been announced for August and lets face it this will include me. Since 13 weeks, sick pay has been withdrawn and I fear I must return to work on financial grounds rather than medical.

I have an appointment at the end of this month to discuss what legal options I have with regards to the abuse Ive suffered over the last 3.5 years but feel free to chip in with any suggestions on this front.

As far as I can see I have 4 options now and Im trying to weigh up the pros and cons.
    1. Remain on sick leave and resign
    2. Remain on sick leave until made redundant
    3. Return to work, resign when it gets to much again.
    4. Return to work until made redundant
    Which do you recommend?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,584Posts Today

6,120Users online

Martin's Twitter