Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > Text121chat - Are they bad news? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Text121chat - Are they bad news?
Closed Thread
Views: 16,546
# 1
hodders
Old 08-07-2008, 5:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Text121chat - Are they bad news?

I have got my training with them tonight, but I have had someone PM me and told me to stay away. I have also had someone else tell me they are good.

So now I am confused, has anyone had any problems or been working with them for awhile and can recommend it?
# 2
Jo_F
Old 08-07-2008, 5:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Everyone is different, I started with 121 and things were ok, I learned alll about texting so it was good in that respect. Then one day part way through October last year, with about 1000 texts done, I found that I couldn't log in. I also noticed that just about everyone... all the mods and managers were showing offline on my msn. When I finally got an email through to someone I was told that it was 'probably because I wasn't going to hit 2000'.

Given that we were only half way through the month, then that was bloomin stupid, and the week before this they had asked if I wanted to be a mod!

I got a load of hassle from them afterwards, I had blocked and deleted them all on msn, but I kept getting contact requests from them and also kept getting pinged to work.

Personally I think it was because they had heard that I was about to start with another company (there are a lot of people that like to run to the boss with info in this industry), I don't think they liked that.

It is a very good company as a starter company, just make sure that you do the amount that you are supposed to do, accept meekly when you are told you have done something wrong, and don't discuss anything in your contract.

They are ok for some people, not for others, its up to you to find out which they are for you, and if you don't give it a try then you will never know.
# 3
hodders
Old 08-07-2008, 5:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks, just so long as there not corrupt or anything.
# 4
rayday2
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Can anyone give me more information about this been on the website and its not 100% clear what is involved.

Would really appreciate this as, as of tomorrow I could be out of work I only earn 180 but can really only work evenings or from home. Any other ideas people have would be good too please I am pretty desperate.
# 5
hodders
Old 12-07-2008, 8:16 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Basically, it is a text chat service. I think it is more suited to women, but they might take men on aswell. There is more information on the Saucy new job thread.
# 6
Eva
Old 13-07-2008, 12:00 AM
MoneySaving Convert

http://www.whydowork.com/forums/text121-scam-t9022.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Eva For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Buttercup.x
Old 22-08-2008, 11:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I worked for these, they were my very first texting company but after stupid messages and being accused of things that I hadnt picked up on (when I actually had and left notes in the relevant place) I was spoken to like a child, Oh and not to mention being promised a pay rise if we hit targets kept queues down etc, only for me to smash the target by double to be told we were only being paid the 5p

Avoid them if you can
# 8
dianewebster
Old 21-09-2010, 2:22 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have pm you xxx
# 9
Krissy88
Old 28-02-2011, 9:53 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi Guys, I am thinking about starting to work for Text121 and have just received the forms.

I have never worked in the text industry before but I have worked in the adult industry. Can anyone suggest another company I could try apply to??

Thanks x
# 10
*LoveBug*
Old 28-02-2011, 10:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have worked with 121 and as long as you keep your head down and put in 24/7 hours they *usually don't bother you, apart from pinging you and telling you off if you do anything wrong, luckily I never got that but I know they can be very harsh on some.

I am looking for work right now but will not go back to 121 for a few reasons:

1 - When I was there I was doing well over 10,000 texts per month, this wears you down! I don't care if you say 'oh I'll do 20,000 no probs' It will burn you out. This takes all of your life, you're on there all day and night, as they pay so little 3p for 2,000 per month texts that you're never going to make any good money here or with any other low paying company.

2 - If you're only on one platform (like you will be at first) it will take you ten times longer to get even your min quota, let alone anything else. I was on all the platforms and you have to work them all evenly.

If you're good on the phone, I'd do customer services, sales or PSO work above texting.

Texting used to be a really good way of making money, in recent years its gone down hill and you won't be making even min wage usually. There are a *few higher paying companies and I'm on with one of them, but it's so quiet there that even though it's higher paying you're still not even making min wage per day let alone per hour!
Thanks to TS, BM, LR and the others for great help with 'P+I'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *LoveBug* For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
*LoveBug*
Old 28-02-2011, 10:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert

121 is not a scam but they are a very unprofessional company for sure.

They won't think twice about stabbing you in the back, dropping you and keeping all your money, sometimes for no good reason at all.
They will talk to you like your a kid, shout at you and if you annoy them enough degrade you in front of everyone.

But they are a real company, they will give you work and that work is there - whether you will be paid at the end of the month is anyones guess. I was always paid on time but I always did way over quota and never made any waves, plus I was a mod as well.
# 12
*LoveBug*
Old 28-02-2011, 10:48 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianewebster View Post
I have pm you xxx
Plus just to let you know this thread is three years old at this time, so the OP is probably on to something else now and certainly not still looking for advice on this.

I just replied for those that will come along saying I want to know too.
# 13
michelle1506
Old 06-03-2011, 3:41 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I can recommend excel telemedia. I have heard some poor things about 1-2-1 as well.
# 14
debtiva
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
MoneySaving Convert

has any of you worked for kiss tel, they are based in cambridge but you work from home with them as pso etc
# 15
tonibunny
Old 27-08-2011, 2:26 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default rude and disgusting and they r a SCAM

This job is a complete SCAM!
I worked for them all month and when I told them I couldnt keep working for them because I wasnt making much money, they locked me out of all programs, and shannon the manager wouldnt reply to my email, and every other person on the msn messenger blocked me as well. This is completely rediculous. So I didnt get paid at all and I wasted all my time on their sites, I am so upset. Also, their emails are crude and disgusting. The customers on their website talk to the operators like utter trash and the whole company is a SCAM! do not waste your time.

Email
Lorna Text121 to me
show details 9:19 PM (3 minutes ago)
"Your getting this email as you have shown just what true !!!!!s you really are
Well done keep up the good work
Thanks
!!!!s R Us"
# 16
CaptChadd
Old 25-08-2012, 12:33 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via Skype™ to CaptChadd

Generally this company is very unprofessional, will use you for what they can get out of you and then throw you away when finished with you, without even a thank you.
"Life is too short to worry about life being too short"
# 17
death_pill
Old 25-08-2012, 3:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Sounds like it's not worth the bother anyhow tbh
# 18
Smamfer
Old 26-08-2012, 8:30 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

ive done this line of work for about 15 yrs now, but never with this company i now work for Evoke and never had a problem

Heard lots of things about 121 but how much is true i dont know, sadly a lot of it is bad. What i would say is if you are looking to earn a lot of money DONT do this job anymore, im sure others in the industry will admit it is NOT what it used to be, i used to do it full time, now its about 20 hours a week and a lot of time sat waiting about, wages dropped hours dropped and soon i would say it will be extinct xx
~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
# 19
kathleen527
Old 28-08-2012, 7:26 PM
PPR
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibunny View Post
This job is a complete SCAM!
I worked for them all month and when I told them I couldnt keep working for them because I wasnt making much money, they locked me out of all programs, and shannon the manager wouldnt reply to my email, and every other person on the msn messenger blocked me as well. This is completely rediculous. So I didnt get paid at all and I wasted all my time on their sites, I am so upset. Also, their emails are crude and disgusting. The customers on their website talk to the operators like utter trash and the whole company is a SCAM! do not waste your time.

Email
Lorna Text121 to me
show details 9:19 PM (3 minutes ago)
"Your getting this email as you have shown just what true !!!!!s you really are
Well done keep up the good work
Thanks
!!!!s R Us"

I'm confused about this. You told them you couldn't continue to work for them any more, why would you expect them to keep your logins open?
Closed Thread