Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 5
    • gez1989
    • By gez1989 28th Dec 16, 12:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gez1989
    Cheapest quote by far via telephone
    The Quote on the website didnt beat my renewal, however after I didn't continue with selecting an insurance product online they rang me minuets later. The said they do deals with insurers not on their website. They then put me through to broker Adrian Flux. They gave me a much cheaper quote with lower excess. I couldn't find anything cheaper.
    • shiphen
    • By shiphen 18th Jan 17, 1:51 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shiphen
    Confused.com - a MASSIVE violation of our privacy - NO WAY will I ever use them
    Hello
    After about 40 questions, confused.com demanded point-blank that in order to proceed that I MUST answer one of about 8 invasive questions to which I barely knew the answers myself. Things like:
    - "What is your grandmother's middle name?"
    - "What is your oldest cousin called?"
    - "What school were you at when you were 12?"

Needless to say in a fit of pique I refused.

Imagine what would happen if every supplier INSISTED that we answer a question that we had never been asked before.

Just to get clear, I HATE confused.com. I will never use confused.com until they change this.

J
    • shiphen
    • By shiphen 18th Jan 17, 2:03 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shiphen
    Wait - here is a screen shot

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Jan 17, 2:41 PM
    • 31,505 Posts
    • 15,511 Thanks
    Quentin
    It's security (for your benefit) & not invasive! Better to be asked a specific security question rather than "what is your password" at some time in the future

(But your choice not to comply)
    • Dee45149195
    • By Dee45149195 31st Jan 17, 5:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dee45149195
    Misleading
    Input details for car insurance quote, deliberately looked for one with cheaper cancellation fees (£25 rather than £50) and took out the insurance. I should have noticed that in the policy document the cancellation fee was in fact £50. I cannot re-access the quotes page that was shown at the time and checking new quotes the insurer I used is now showing "not able to provide a quote" so I cannot prove the error and have been hit with the higher cancellation fee. Also I answered all questions asked by confused.com honestly but after I took out the insurance the insurer asked more questions and changed the price. Obviously T&C's don't stop any of this so buyer beware. Suggest you screen print and keep a copy of every screen where you input information, the screen where they list your quotes, every screen where you click through to check policy details etc. - in other words EVERYTHING. Interestingly no option to leave a review on the confused.com site, hence leaving it here. I won't use them again - it's not just about price for me!
    • dazedandconfused_123
    • By dazedandconfused_123 3rd Mar 17, 1:30 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    dazedandconfused_123
    No calls pleasee!!
    Got a car insurance quote from confused.com - incidentally not the best so not taken up - made sure to choose the "no calls please" but have had a missed call off them, already!

If they don't listen to us, why even ask the question?
    Oh well, Plenty of other comparison sites around
    Thanks to all posters for your never ending help and support

• DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 3rd Mar 17, 1:33 PM
    • 29,335 Posts
    • 18,548 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Got a car insurance quote from confused.com - incidentally not the best so not taken up - made sure to choose the "no calls please" but have had a missed call off them, already!

If they don't listen to us, why even ask the question?
    Oh well, Plenty of other comparison sites around
    Originally posted by dazedandconfused_123
    Enter 11 zeros so you dont get calls or a mobile number and block the number.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • iproposterous
    • By iproposterous 10th May 17, 9:12 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    iproposterous
    You are forced to setup an account with confused - why would I want to do that - all I wanted was a quote and I never got one. Please stop wasting my time.
    • littleminx_01
    • By littleminx_01 18th Jun 17, 5:36 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    littleminx_01
    Confused.com MILES cheaper!
    Thanks for MSE to recommending Confused.com
    I had a renewal quote from Money supermarket from admiral for £313 (inc windscreen, exc legal). I went to Confused.com and was quoted £245.80
    Happy days! I added the legal cover at £29.99 so it was still MILES cheaper

Thanks MSE!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,760Posts Today

7,125Users online

Martin's Twitter