Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 4
  • dummie
    Confused is confusing
    I answered every question and was told some 'Yes' entries were not answered correctly. I filled in my driving license number and was told it was an incorrect entry. The same entry the third time around was accepted. I tried to opt out of being contacted by 'tick here' but there was no tick box.
    I am now awaiting hundreds of phone calls and e-mails wanting to compensate me for the accident I had (which I was compensated for already) and dreading it already. I view of the quotes I received I might even get phone calls offering me credit and dept relief! Although I am not taking up and of these quotes.

The result:
    I wished I hadn't filled in the request for a quote in the first place.
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 16th Aug 15, 11:22 AM
    • 19,616 Posts
    • 12,020 Thanks
    Use 01234 567890 as your telephone number on quote sites or if you're feeling cheeky use 029 2043 5566 which is's reception tele
    • deadhead02
    • By deadhead02 22nd Mar 16, 6:54 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    deadhead02 quote
    Went through all the very many questions twice and twice was told "something has gone wrong"
    So no quote and no finding cheap house insurance
    Do not recommend
    Loving Money Saving Expert!
    • naked
    • By naked 2nd Apr 16, 12:46 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Got some quotes last night for insurance and did the same again today but they were all more expensive than Direct Line and Aviva were for me going direct.

I'm sure I said I didn't want to be contacted, but this morning they rang me up to discuss my quotes
    • zeeksquirrel
    • By zeeksquirrel 5th Apr 16, 3:39 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Marketing calls
    I made double sure that I opted out of marketing calls but they still rang within 5 minutes of my quote being emailed
    • DCurrer
    • By DCurrer 21st Apr 16, 1:20 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Confused did ring me, despite ticking the Opt Out box
    I did get a call from a agent about 15 minutes after logging off from their list of quotations. The agent wanted to put me onto another insurance company that he thought might be able to offer a better price. I reluctantly agreed to be put through, but after being passed first through one agent at the new company, I gave up waiting after a second agent didn't pick up after about 5 minutes to actually deal with my enquiry. Total waste of my time.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th May 16, 1:51 PM
    • 14,767 Posts
    • 9,143 Thanks
    As above. Ticked the please do not contact box but as soon as I logged off the site the phone rang. If you value your privacy and expect providers to take heed of your wishes do not use

Maybe the team should put it in the site information - they will phone you despite what you request.
    Last edited by molerat; 09-05-2016 at 2:46 PM.
    • DeeMM
    • By DeeMM 26th May 16, 11:20 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Better than the others - for me at least
    Used all the comparison sites and came up with the best quotes as well as being one of the quickest of the sites to actually get to the quote stage. I didn't need to create and account/password nor add mother's maiden name just to receive a quote, unlike other comparison sites. Resulted in saving 62 on car insurance renewal. My previous insurers wanted over 500 on renewal - a large increase from the previous year. I usually just auto renew but this time - after reading MSE article - I rang them and they reduced it to 388 but still couldn't match the 326 I eventually ended up paying with AXA via

[they were best for my home insurance too]
    Last edited by DeeMM; 26-05-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    • emmahughes67
    • By emmahughes67 1st Jun 16, 11:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just tried to use Confused as recommended by Martin's Money Market to get quotes for home insurance and have been exasperated by how confused I have become!! Couldn't log into my confused account despite resetting the password 3 times and to be fair have successfully accessed quotes from Go Compare and Compare the Market so will not be repeating the process a 4th time.
    • alfunky81
    • By alfunky81 13th Jul 16, 11:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Just used confused last night, I definitely selected on their website that they should not cold call me on my what do they do the following morning?

It's not an isolated problem either, they're bothering everyone who asks not to be called up, just do a google search of their phone number 08082237401
    • downshifted
    • By downshifted 22nd Jul 16, 10:36 AM
    • 879 Posts
    • 1,738 Thanks
    phone call
    Received phone call while I was still on the site, asking me what I thought about their prices. I said I had ticked the box for no calls - they said that was for marketing purposes, this was to check everything was ok. What rubbish - I don't want calls full stop

September GC 251.21/250 October 248.82/250 January 159.53/200
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 22nd Jul 16, 10:40 AM
    • 29,904 Posts
    • 14,083 Thanks
    Why do you think they want your number?

Time to get real. (Never give them your real phone number!)
    • kitabu
    • By kitabu 12th Sep 16, 3:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    There is some problem with the website as the previous user commented. Took me three attempts to enter my details because it kept losing them or not able to add my saved 'additional driver' details.
    • Pale Horse
    • By Pale Horse 15th Sep 16, 10:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Pale Horse
    Sales calling after quote
    I tried to get some quotes on, the prices were a little cheaper than my renewal with Esure, but the excess was ridiculously high. To cap it all, actually called me within 5 minutes of me getting the quotes to try and get me to buy. Avoid!
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 4th Oct 16, 2:43 PM
    • 1,523 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks

Comparison sites for insurance are, by nature, a pain, imho, when they work. Tried the three major ones, in the order directed by MSE and got three different prices from the same insurer (Lloyd's) for exactly the same cover, same excesses, same everything.

Confused was 17 out
    Compare the Market 12 out
    Go Compare was pennies out.

What's the point? FYI, Lloyd's do not cover TVs, laptops, other computers, etc for accidental damage even when you select "accidental damage" unless you specify how much they are worth. Too much smoke and mirrors for my liking.

Ended up going to Sainsbury's directly... their call centre staff were appallingly rude! One hung up on me, after being beyond patronising. I could not believe the way he or the other one spoke to me, think I was interrupting their MyTwitFace time. The manager, Shane, was a babe, though. Covered and 9k nectar points, thank you very much.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 04-10-2016 at 2:48 PM.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Pedromcg12
    • By Pedromcg12 5th Oct 16, 12:48 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Confused with
    I mistakenly took out policy which said o had 2yrs NCD .
    I called to tell them if mistake policy doubled .
    Called auto net to query why they closed policy started a new one with accurate details only problem was the policy was now over 600 but still on confused web site it was 500 when questioned autonet about differences they.said they could not match the price they were displaying on web site ?
    • RobRH
    • By RobRH 16th Oct 16, 2:34 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quote what quote???
    The site is rubbish, doesn't list my address and gives no option to enter this so not able to use. The term certainly applies to this site!
    • upallnight
    • By upallnight 17th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Privacy and possible identity theft
    I have used mse's comparison site for a few years and confused usually comes up with the keenest prices with few exceptions. What worried me this time is the email I received with a rundown of the quotes gave a link to " the rest of your prices here, there's no need to log in" which took me directly to my account with all the details of my property, my date of birth and that of other members of my family whose insurance I arrange. With all the publicity about hackin of email accounts etc., and the fact that email is not a secure medium anyway, why the hell are confused doing this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

218Posts Today

1,395Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yay. Thank you for all your help Colin. Thankfully it's feeling a little better #lovelychap

• Going to try and see if it's possible. If not my 400 day run of never missing target will end :(

• Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• Follow Martin