Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    chocky
    Two employees - same job, same hours -different pay
    • 7th Jul 08, 10:38 PM
    Two employees - same job, same hours -different pay 7th Jul 08 at 10:38 PM
    My husband starting working for a small local builders yard in February 2007. The guy that was interviewing told my husband the salary the company were offering (which was acceptable) and said that when my husband had worked there for a year, the company would give him an increase in salary. In February this year (after my husband had worked for the company for a year), he went to one of the partners in the company and asked for a rise, explaining that the guy that had hired him had said his salary would be increased after a year. The partner said that the guy that had interviewed him no longer worked for the company and that he hadn't the authority to promise a rise at the interview. Also the company could not afford it.

However, my husband has since found out that a colleague who does exactly the same job and hours as my husband gets 1000 more a year than my husband!

I'm fairly certain this is not legal and that my husband has a case to argue. I'd welcome any advice as to where we go from here and also from anyone else who has been in this position. Many thanks.
    chockychocky
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,625Posts Today

9,173Users online

Martin's Twitter