Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ti1980
    0 WOW
    Meal for 2 for 10 at M&S until Sun 6th July 2008
    • 3rd Jul 08, 11:13 PM
    0 WOW
    Meal for 2 for 10 at M&S until Sun 6th July 2008 3rd Jul 08 at 11:13 PM
    You can choose from a selection of :

a main meal
    +
    a side dish (vegetable accompaniment)
    +
    a dessert
    +
    a bottle of wine

and these 4 items bought together will cost you 10.

The mains to choose from are: whole Oakham chicken (large one), the Cook! chicken and caesar melt, the Cook! pork medallions, the Cook! salmon and soy, the nelting middle salmon fishcakes and the vegetable moussaka.
    The side dishes are: caesar veg, tenderstem broccoli, house salad bowl and the British mini new potatoes.
    The desserts to choose from are: 2 lemon souffle, 2 creme caramel, 2 melt in the middle puddings, 2 fruit tarts and 2 strawberry and raspberry cheesecakes.
    The wines are: the Classic Claret, the Gargeanega Pinot Grigio and the California Zinfandel Rose.

All the products should be clearly stickered and will probably all be placed in the same place so it is easy to find them.
Page 1
  • d.o.o.g
    • 4th Jul 08, 12:15 PM
    • 4th Jul 08, 12:15 PM
    I got yesterday:

2 X Claret (normally £6.49 a bottle!!!)
    1 X Pork Medallions (Organic I think, in Cider sauce)
    1 X Oakham Chicken (this will feed 2.5 of us twice I reckon, plus stock for a subsequent risotto)
    1 X Caesar Veg (with Garlic Butter and Parmesan Shavings)
    1 X Salad (v Large)
    1 X 2 Lemon Souffles (slurp)
    1 X 2 Melt in the Middles (slurp slurp)

Total Cost £20

Total saving £13.65
  • tammyfshr
    • 5th Jul 08, 3:18 PM
    • 5th Jul 08, 3:18 PM
    no chicken or pork at torquay willows store in devon.also no red wine and only deserts were choc puds and creme caramel.
  • ti1980
    • 5th Jul 08, 6:48 PM
    • 5th Jul 08, 6:48 PM
    They have added more lines to the offer now but it still runs out on Sun.
  • SUPER SAVER
    • 5th Jul 08, 7:35 PM
    • 5th Jul 08, 7:35 PM
    do you know what else they have added?
    Mummy to my lil' man born '05
    Baby boy due May 2010
  • ti1980
    • 5th Jul 08, 9:46 PM
    • 5th Jul 08, 9:46 PM
    I can't remember everything they have added but the things I know for sure are desserts include the profiterole stack, strawberry tarts, raspberry panna cotta, more wines include Clear Lake Cabernet and Chardonnay and Wood Haven Shiraz and Chardonnay.
    It should all be put in the same fridges though to make it easier for customers to choose from.
    • shykins
    • By shykins 6th Jul 08, 9:19 AM
    • 2,545 Posts
    • 5,477 Thanks
    shykins
    • 6th Jul 08, 9:19 AM
    • 6th Jul 08, 9:19 AM
    i was told yesterday that this offer was going to be every weekend this month, not sure if the same items will be in it each week

info was sort of third hand so not sure how reliable it is but would be great if it is every week wouldnt it
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • santashelper
    • 6th Jul 08, 12:15 PM
    • 6th Jul 08, 12:15 PM
    M&S in Bristol Cribbs was brilliant all the items were put at the end of each row in sections.

So end of row 1 was the meats (main meals)
    end of row 2 vegetables and salad
    end of row 3 puddings
    bottles of wine on the side of row

well set out and easy to see what is what.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains,
    because the average man can see better than he can think.

Many people's view of the world is down to their experience, perception and what they have been conditioned to,this isnt any old MSE reply this is a important and experienced MSE reply
  • MKwife
    • 6th Jul 08, 2:34 PM
    • 6th Jul 08, 2:34 PM
    The chocolate pudding is heavenly
    Our dream has come true...
  • Pink Glitter
    Bath had run out of all main meals in the offer so were letting you choose any main meal and gave you 5 off your total so I got a nice salmon dish worth 5.99 so total came to 11 something, still not a bad offer. Hopefully tthey'll have more stock next time if its going to be a regular thing.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 6th Jul 08, 8:53 PM
    • 4,563 Posts
    • 9,642 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Well I think my local M&S have made a huge mistake

Hubby went in Friday afternoon to get us a deal for a tenner.

When he got to the shelf where the meals were, there was a member of staff apologizing they had run out of puds and handing out a voucher for ten pounds.

He got to the till and only had 26p to pay.

What a good deal thinks hubby and goes again to look what is left. gets given another tenner voucher with apologies for no puddings.

Gets to the till and 1.32 to pay.

So now we have two meals for two and two bottles of wine costing less than 2.

On his way out he picks up yet another voucher and told if he comes back next day, they will have restocked.

Off he trots next morning and yet another meal for two with bottle of wine and pudding.

He is not normally one to spot a bargain but I think someone has made a huge error. ........I aint complaining.

Im soooo proud of him.
    Make 10 a day challenge Jan/215.84/ Feb 146.45/ Mar 192.55/Apr 171.20/ May 156.40/june 76.95
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....869.49 miles
  • BusinessStudent
    Customers were coming in during the afternoon expecting the shelfs to be full with this deal only to find out we had sold out of most of it (especially all the chickens). At around 2pm today we had removed all the signage promoting the offer.
  • beautifulgorgeous
    Went to three mark`s on Sat aftrnoon no goods and no voucher... very disapointed.
    • wolvesinwales
    • By wolvesinwales 8th Jul 08, 12:15 AM
    • 2,228 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    wolvesinwales
    i was told yesterday that this offer was going to be every weekend this month, not sure if the same items will be in it each week

info was sort of third hand so not sure how reliable it is but would be great if it is every week wouldnt it
    Originally posted by shykins
    This would be good as i have 20% off vouchers for next weekend , can anyone confirm if the offer will be ongoing ?
    Last edited by wolvesinwales; 08-07-2008 at 9:36 AM. Reason: Vouchers now claimed
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasnt quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
    • wolvesinwales
    • By wolvesinwales 9th Jul 08, 11:41 PM
    • 2,228 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    wolvesinwales
    Can anyone confirm if the offer is on again this weekend ? Would be great if it was tying in with 20% off and a mystery shop assignment !

Ps all vouchers have been posted today.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasnt quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,416Posts Today

6,687Users online

Martin's Twitter