Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    FatherAbraham
    Can merchant refund to an expired credit card?
    • 2nd Jul 08, 1:18 PM
    Can merchant refund to an expired credit card? 2nd Jul 08 at 1:18 PM
    Credit cards expire all the time, of course. If I need to return some goods to a merchant (someone like Marks and Spooky, with a clear, easy refund policy), and I'd used a now-expired MasterCard to buy those goods, will the merchant be able to issue a refund to that card's account? Let's assume I still have the intact, but expired, credit card in my possession.

Furthermore, what happens if I've destroyed the expired credit card in the meantime (when it expired)? That sounds more problematic, because the merchant has nothing to stick into the terminal.

Thanks for any clues. I've asked the card issuer too, but haven't been gotten back to yet.

Warmest regards,
    FA
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,344Posts Today

8,817Users online

Martin's Twitter