Nationwide Flex Direct Plus.

Comments

• guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Err No its not what you know its who you know!

To be fair he was right about the improved FlexDirect offering...

And +1 intrigued about the foreign usage. Depends on the full detail I suppose, but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open. I'd open the FlexDirect if I wasn't still pouring my cash into their 6% reg saver.
  • guesswho2000
    Forumite
    Does make me wonder if they're planning to axe the free travel insurance on Flexaccounts at some point though...they seem to be trying to entice people away from that account.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    I'd open the FlexDirect if I wasn't still pouring my cash into their 6% reg saver.

FlexDirect still gives you eligibility to both the 6% regular saver and 4.25% ISA.
  • guesswho2000
    Forumite
    rb10 wrote: »
    FlexDirect still gives you eligibility to both the 6% regular saver and 4.25% ISA.

Unfortunately I was referring to the fact I don't have a random £2,500 outside of the reg saver, depleted my savings buying a house last year :o

I'm wondering if they'll pull it though, as I'd like to have the 5% account there for in a few months time (change of circumstances means I should have more spare cash soon) but don't want to waste the 5% for 12 months period unnecessarily...
  • Hello,
    My apologies for my miss-typing, It's UN-limited free atm usage abroad.
    In terms of the overdraft, the lady on the phone says that it is not a £10 cap and she was certain it would be £15.50 for this account.

I got this information from calling the service line @ Nationwide after 8pm, when the sales team (who won't detail any information about this account) and the lady was reading from her paper notes - which she had got from what she called 'a product enrichment' session on this new account.

However, she said that it had 6 days to launch (from Yesterday) and that they can't be certain about all the benefits, until launch day.

She said the majority of the benefits will be provided by Lifestyle Services Group Ltd, which I believe provides benefits for other banks - including Barclays, and the CO-Operative.

I hope this helps and many apologies for any confusion caused in my previous post.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • guesswho2000
    Forumite
    Hello,
    My apologies for my miss-typing, It's UN-limited free atm usage abroad.
    In terms of the overdraft, the lady on the phone says that it is not a £10 cap and she was certain it would be £15.50 for this account.

I got this information from calling the service line @ Nationwide after 8pm, when the sales team (who won't detail any information about this account) and the lady was reading from her paper notes - which she had got from what she called 'a product enrichment' session on this new account.

However, she said that it had 6 days to launch (from Yesterday) and that they can't be certain about all the benefits, until launch day.

She said the majority of the benefits will be provided by Lifestyle Services Group Ltd, which I believe provides benefits for other banks - including Barclays, and the CO-Operative.

I hope this helps and many apologies for any confusion caused in my previous post.

Either way, the terms and conditions I referred to earlier for the overdraft specifically said FlexPlus, £10 monthly cap on fees and were from the nationwide website...if you go to the NW site and search for FlexPlus, they're there.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    But then again, they are saying there is a £5 charge on the FlexDirect account for underfunding, when the T&Cs state no such charge.

So it seems that whatever question you ask the customer services staff, it appears that they give you a random answer.
  • Moby_Tide
    Moby_Tide Posts: 129 Forumite
    Watch this space presumably

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/flexplus/faqs.htm

there are also google links appearing to the overdraft T&Cs for the FlexPlus account
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,794
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Either way, the terms and conditions I referred to earlier for the overdraft specifically said FlexPlus, £10 monthly cap on fees and were from the nationwide website...if you go to the NW site and search for FlexPlus, they're there.

Link here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/internetbanking/forms/pcci_0000007005.htm
  • noh wrote: »

Well perhaps she was wrong - but I don't know -because I specifically asked about the overdraft features. since that is a benefit of the Barclays Additions Plus account.

BTW this account has full branch and phone access - it is not a 'direct' self-service only account!
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure