Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • am_bain
    • By am_bain 13th Sep 17, 9:15 PM
    • 81Posts
    • 30Thanks
    am_bain
    Student mortgage
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:15 PM
    Student mortgage 13th Sep 17 at 9:15 PM
    Can anyone help me I am trying to find out if any lender in Scotland provide mortgages for students we are happy to be guarantor for my daughter as she will have to move as she lived with my father who had dementia and ended up in a home and the council have put a charge on his house to cover home charges so we have to sell as he recently died any help would be great thanks.
    Ann
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 14th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    • 3,958 Posts
    • 2,466 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    how much does the student earn?? Stipend?

Deposit? price of house?

If there is no income how can the lender lend them money, how will they pay it back?

Lenders only go on the now and getting a mortgage is not like renting a room, guarantors are not a guarantee of a mortgage, it is heavily weight on affordability and income/debt
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 14th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    • 36,042 Posts
    • 152,232 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    There are a few lenders who offer guarantor mortgages, where a family member guarantees the payments for someone with lower income. You may need to see a broker to find one that suits.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,447Posts Today

8,323Users online

Martin's Twitter