Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starrybear
    • By starrybear 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 3Thanks
    starrybear
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?
    • 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer? 5th Jul 16 at 2:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance
Page 27
    • Ddl1234
    • By Ddl1234 13th Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ddl1234
    App went in on the 8th,
    They have requested;
    Proof of my address from 2015
    And a statement of my car loan
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 13th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    I hope they don't ask for our car loan as I'm not sure where paperwork is for it. How much is yours a month

Also how long did it take for them to ask for docs
    • Ellie543
    • By Ellie543 13th Sep 17, 5:53 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ellie543
    TIME2GO - We put our application in on the 31st August so far it hasn't taken all that long. Don't want to jinx it though!
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 13th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    What's your situation Ellie are you new build, how mich are you borrowing and what's tier ?
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 13th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Also is anyone else on the cusp in terms of lend amount to income? Also it says on the tiers that unsecured arrears are not counted but may effect score? What does that mean? Also the product comes with a 'refund of valuation upto £600' is that refund regardless of acceptance/decline?

Should we be instructing solicitors before the mortgage offer comes through? If it falls through you would loose the searches deposit
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 13th Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    I don't know what max lend amount is as they don't advertise an affordiability calculator.

We have instructed solicitors on no sale no fee and asked to hold off on searches till mortgage offer in
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 13th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    I have heard it is somewhere between 4 and 5, ahh you with a solicitor off the precise panel? If I can instruct and ask to hold off on searches that would be great although I fear that won't wash with the solicitor we were going to use, they seem to want £300 on instruction!
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 13th Sep 17, 7:11 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    They will want payment upfront for searches but if you pull out before searches are done you would get that back.
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 13th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    Doddy03
    We checked the interest rate on our dip then googled the tiers.
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 13th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    We checked the interest rate on dip then googled tiers
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 13th Sep 17, 9:30 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    Our solicitor is on precise panel. Why does the solicitor do searches? Is it another credit search? Thanks in advance
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 14th Sep 17, 7:25 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Searches ie local authority and environmental survey on property nothing to do with mortgage although if they come back with something weird such as mine shaft mortgage company may change mind on mortgage ability

Can I recommend kirstie and Phils buying a house book as it goes through all stages of buying a house
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 14th Sep 17, 7:35 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    @timetogo

Thank u I'll have a look at that book. Hoping to hear from precise soon they only requested one document for proof of address and a couple of questions so hoping to hear soon x
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 14th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    I haven't heard anything yet. Mortgage submitted and valuation fee and credit check all done on Monday. Will chase mortgage advisor tomorrow. Going to chase solicitor today to see where we are.
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 14th Sep 17, 3:05 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Didn't someone have a valuation today how'd it go. I couldn't wait till tommorow so gently chased mortgage broker as strictly speaking if Monday day 1 today isday 4.
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 14th Sep 17, 3:50 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    OMG precise have instructed surveyor !!!!! Does anyone know if that means they are happy with paper work (they just asked for payslips p60 and bank statements)
    • EverythingIWant
    • By EverythingIWant 14th Sep 17, 6:22 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EverythingIWant
    Great news! Our application has been submitted now - just a waiting game now, we gave our broker so many documents hopefully they won't request to many extras! When are they carrying out the valuation? I am guessing that means they are pretty certain your gunna get to the offer stage!
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 14th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    Maybe not as may be underwritten after valuation. I won't believe anything till offer documaent in hand
    • Annie2311
    • By Annie2311 14th Sep 17, 8:34 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Annie2311
    @Timetogo

That's great news. When did u send additional paperwork? Ours was sent over from broker today but she said it's a 4 day turnaround for additional paperwork. The estate agent is going let me know when valuation is instructed. Good luck hopefully won't be long for u x
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 14th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Time2go
    I have no idea as I think the info provided so far is just standard info required I don't know if they will ask for extra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,877Posts Today

5,673Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin