Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starrybear
    • By starrybear 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 3Thanks
    starrybear
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?
    • 5th Jul 16, 2:57 PM
    Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer? 5th Jul 16 at 2:57 PM
    Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance
Page 25
    • lsutton
    • By lsutton 24th Jul 17, 2:41 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lsutton
    Hi.
    Kind of going a bit mad here but has anyone been in a situation whereby they are waiting but not actually having to provide any info?

It will of been 4 weeks this Friday since full app submitted and the only etc o have provided has been my mortgage certificate in the first week - all bank statements provided by broker also as standard.

The last 2 weeks I've been waiting for this 4 day turn round as twice they have had issues with stamps that broker hadn't issued on paperwork or certification from broker.

I've been told we will get feedback today but I'm thinking if they start asking me for info now how bloody stupid after nearly a month. Valuation was done on the 6th July ....
    • lsutton
    • By lsutton 24th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lsutton
    Sorry to clarify 3 months bank statements, payslips, ID, p60s all provided end June / beg July and marriage certificate as etc not mortgage certificate
    • phil1184
    • By phil1184 24th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phil1184
    I'd be pushing the broker a bit more. Our full application went in 30/6, valuation 10/7 questions asked about standing orders 17/7 and another question today. I think it's a long drawn out process for us all having read on here, yours sounds a bit too long to not have even had questions yet sounds like they may still be waiting on info.
    • phil1184
    • By phil1184 24th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phil1184
    How long have you been married? We have been married 6 years and not been asked for certificate.
    • lsutton
    • By lsutton 24th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lsutton
    Hi thanks.

I spoke to broker again today. It definitely does seem an issue around certifying documents etc etc - they assure me no further documents required so hopefully some news the end of this week. I feel like nearly 2 weeks has been wasted because of this.

We have been married 5 years.... no idea about the certificate. Possibly because two of my accounts are in my maiden name.....this has been the only extra thing we have had to supply ....no questions re bank statement transactions etc ....but I'm not holding my breath though lol
    • phil1184
    • By phil1184 24th Jul 17, 7:53 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phil1184
    Fingers crossed you hear something soon. We had a couple of questions on standing orders, one was mortgage overpayment, other was a payment towards a default and what the outstanding balance was. Hopefully don't have to wait 4 days again!
    • lsutton
    • By lsutton 24th Jul 17, 8:24 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lsutton
    Hi thanks let me know how you get on as I will too! Good luck!
    • phil1184
    • By phil1184 27th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phil1184
    Isutton - offer received today! A day short of 4 weeks from submitting full application. Have you heard anything? For info for others, I have 4 defaults with 3 still outstanding. Wife has 4 defaults with 2 still outstanding. We declared everything and have borrowed around 3.25 of our joint income. Only questions we had were about a standing order for mortgage overpayment and the balances remaining on defaults as we are paying these each month.
    • lsutton
    • By lsutton 27th Jul 17, 8:17 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lsutton
    Congratulations Phill1184.

My broker emailed late afternoon to say she had spoken to them and all paperwork was satisfactory and a decision will be with us latest Monday so I'm hoping it will be tomorrow rather than waiting all weekend......

Did the offer come out the blue or were you told it was at that stage?
    • Missymae0
    • By Missymae0 27th Jul 17, 8:23 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    Missymae0
    Isutton we were told similar 2 weeks ago and we're expecting another long weekend, I called Precise directly to see what they were waiting for and had an offer the following day. They are really helpful and the lady I spoke to emailed the underwriters to chase it up on my behalf. Worth a call if it means an offer before the weekend. Good luck
    • phil1184
    • By phil1184 27th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phil1184
    Had a question on Monday which I responded too straight away. Then I emailed broker last night to ask if heard anything, he emailed back this morning to say an email from a junior underwriter stating it was now being passed for pre offer checks. Then offer came through about 2pm. Kind of out the blue it all happening today as wasn't sure if they would ask more questions. Sounds like you might be at similar stage to what we were prior to today. We are relieved to know before weekend. Have they asked any questions yet or just requested paperwork?
    • lsutton
    • By lsutton 27th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lsutton
    Hi guys. Yes I think my extra ID was submitted Mon/Tues so it will be 4 working days tomorrow. We have had no questions around anything really the whole time which I find odd.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow x
    • lsutton
    • By lsutton 1st Aug 17, 8:00 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lsutton
    Mortgage offer
    Hi guys,

Mortgage offer came through today.
    Full app - 30/6
    Marriage certificate and confirmation of husbands workplace
    Valuation - 6/7
    17/6 - broker had to resend p60 as they hadn't been certified
    24/6- broker had to resend bank statement as it hadn't been certified
    1/8- offer issued

I actually think the offer would of been earlier if there hadn't been issues with the certifying of documents.

Anybody had to pay out for searches twice? My broker informed me that my solicitors who are selling my house are on Precises panel so I paid for searches last week however the mortgage offer says we have to pay for searches for their solicitors as well as our own so I'm totally confused.
    • benlan
    • By benlan 14th Aug 17, 4:58 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    benlan
    Joining in
    Hi all,

Three weeks ago I wasn't even looking at buying a house, then after a very generous offer of a gifted deposit from my dad this is my current timeline:

2 Aug - AIP from Precise
    4 Aug - Reserved plot for new build property
    Sent all documentation to MA who put the full application in to Precise on 11 Aug
    Precise came back the same day just needing clarification on
    - DD (Monthly payment to family member for a possible holiday next year)
    - P45 from previous employment (i am 2 weeks away from 12 months at current job. Didn;t have previous P45 so managed to send all bank statements showing now month without pay. Also was able to send them pension statement (teacher) outlining 13 years with no break in service.
    Also on 11 Aug, Hard Credit check completed.

They also stated that "The valuation will be instructed upon receipt of the full security address"

I am assuming that this was due to not having the postcode when application went in (property didn't have one) - i was able to get that to them as well.

Am i right in thinking this seems to be going in the right direction?

Thanks!
    • jpb693
    • By jpb693 17th Aug 17, 7:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jpb693
    Hi @Benlan

Yeah that sounds as though your almost there.
    I had 4 weeks of back n forth for documents, then valuation and 3 days later offer came through. Total 5 weeks from application to offer.
    Hopefully not too much longer for you mate!

J
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 5th Sep 17, 6:18 AM
    • 182 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Time2go
    Hopefully I will be on application journey later this week. Got dip yesterday (4th) got to change plans on our excisting property as purchaser wants it with listed buildings consent and they need a couple of tweeks so should get full permission Wednesday. Will chase up other sides mortgage then as well and as soon as we know that is progressing we will submit ours.

Hoping to complete end October cross fingers.
    • Ellie543
    • By Ellie543 5th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Ellie543
    In a similar situation, our application went in last Thursday and we paid the Val fee same day. We rec'd the dd mandate and sent that back yday. Today theyve asked for my partners p45 and a home telephone number which we don't have. My OH has supplied a full years worth of bank statements instead to show no break in employment along with p60 hopefully this should be OK?!
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 11th Sep 17, 3:30 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Time2go
    Day one in the precise gove a mortgage so we can buy a house , house.

Hoping that as a tier one we will be a quick one and as life before fairly stable and everything provided to mortgage broker including on inside leg measurement already that we will be one of the quick cases, would love to get a response by end of month.
    • Ddl1234
    • By Ddl1234 12th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Ddl1234
    Full application went in on Fri 9th

I got 2 ccj's and 1 default all older than 24mnths
    Sh**ing myself!

Il keep you all posted, and good luck to Everyone else waiting!
    Last edited by Ddl1234; 12-09-2017 at 4:05 PM.
    • MissSJL
    • By MissSJL 12th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    MissSJL
    Good luck Ddl1234! Keep us posted! If you have a good broker I'm sure you'll be fine :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,220Posts Today

6,797Users online

Martin's Twitter