Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 22nd Jul 13, 7:53 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    Natwest seem to have done another credit check on me on Saturday. They did one at AIP and again on Saturday. Is this normal, will they do anymore?
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 22nd Jul 13, 10:01 PM
    • 9,883 Posts
    • 2,873 Thanks
    chanz4
    myn came today
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 23rd Jul 13, 9:09 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    well done chanz4
  • Jessica29
    Natwest seem to have done another credit check on me on Saturday. They did one at AIP and again on Saturday. Is this normal, will they do anymore?
    Originally posted by swanny78
    Natwest did a soft check for the AIP, and then did two proper credit checks when I applied over the phone.
  • CluelessFTB
    My full application is going in today to Halifax eeeekkkkk!!!!
    • mkmini81
    • By mkmini81 23rd Jul 13, 12:01 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    mkmini81
    Waiting is a pain.... Still waiting on 1 document from Metropolitan/HSBC to confirm an old default is cleared and settled! pain really as i spoke to credit expert and they stated it should be ok as it shows settled on my credit file!!
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 23rd Jul 13, 12:25 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    Just found out that Natwest are looking at my application now and all going well we will have a decision (instruct valuation) by COP tomorrow. With offer some stage next week. I have everything crossed ;-).
    • bt1
    • By bt1 23rd Jul 13, 12:57 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    bt1
    HTB loan approved yesterday, full application with Natwest going in today... So nervous as I don't have the best credit but have got an AIP already.

Fingers crossed!!!
  • CluelessFTB
    Good luck everyone.

My MA says I have already passed the credit check with flying colours so all being well I should have an offer pretty much as soon as the valuation is approved....! That all seems far to straight forward to me.

Fingers crossed everyone - the next 2 weeks are going to drag!
  • Jessica29
    By some miracle, Natwest have found our supporting documents!! They are going to contact us in the next 3 days to let us know....
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 23rd Jul 13, 4:56 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    By some miracle, Natwest have found our supporting documents!! They are going to contact us in the next 3 days to let us know....
    Originally posted by Jessica29
    we are in a similar position then...
    • deus
    • By deus 23rd Jul 13, 7:09 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    deus
    Our valuation and survey is taking place tomorrow - nervous but also excited!
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 23rd Jul 13, 8:01 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    seems Natwest don't have my mortgage declaration and direct debit mandate so cant progress untill they have it.... I sent these last week to MA so I've sent them again . Do Natwest asking for these docs mean they are happy to lend depending on valuation, they don't seem to be docs that check affordability or credit worthiness ... Or is that wishful thinking.
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 24th Jul 13, 10:27 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    Just called MA looks like we are on track for today to issue valuation all going well.... everything crossed again
  • CluelessFTB
    How quickly do you get your valuation date after your application has gone in usually?
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 24th Jul 13, 11:18 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    How quickly do you get your valuation date after your application has gone in usually?
    Originally posted by CluelessFTB
    My understadning is that the valuation is the last stage of assessment, so the underwriter would have completed his drains up on your finances by then. Thus it all depends on what risk the bank see you as, are you borrowing against a high LTV, adverse credit etc the more risk and the more the underwriter will dig and ask for more information. So varies for each application. Assuming my valuation is instructed today it would have been exactly a week since my full application went in. I have no adverse credit and 75% LTV due to HTB scheme.
  • CluelessFTB
    I am the same as you swanny78, my application went in yesterday I am 75% LTV also due to the HTB scheme and I have what the Halifax advisor classed a a grade A credit score. So hopefully it should move quite quickly!
    • deus
    • By deus 24th Jul 13, 12:23 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    deus
    Our valuation was instructed 2 days after the full application. It is happening today Hoping that we have a decision in the week following.

Good luck swanny78 on hearing back today. Frustrating that they keep losing documents.

CluelessFTB hope your application starts moving along too.

Fingers crossed all round!
  • CluelessFTB
    Oooo fingers crossed for you too deus!
    • bt1
    • By bt1 24th Jul 13, 1:20 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    bt1
    Clueless, looks like we applied at the same time- hopefully we will hear something back tomorrow! So nervous!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,732Posts Today

8,013Users online

Martin's Twitter