Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • Tjrw1985
    Still waiting. Received valuation report on 8th July.
    Debt free as of 7.20am on 31st December 2012.

    Wow. Feels great
  • Moonraker71
    Was told at end of today that mine won't be forthcoming on Monday after all (was originally told it would be today). It now won't be until Weds at the earliest due to an 'unprecedented backlog' at Natwest. ((

    If I do get it next Weds, that will have been 13 days between valuation and offer.
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 19th Jul 13, 10:58 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    Was told at end of today that mine won't be forthcoming on Monday after all (was originally told it would be today). It now won't be until Weds at the earliest due to an 'unprecedented backlog' at Natwest. ((

    If I do get it next Weds, that will have been 13 days between valuation and offer.
    Originally posted by Moonraker71
    ouch, that's a while to wait. Im behind you in the Q to so I guess ill be a while too. Im waiting for valuation still.
  • mp29
    I made my mortgage application about three weeks ago and received my written mortgage offer today! My solicitor should get her copy next week and then once the searches are back (that should also be next week) then the ball should start rolling very quickly!

    Both my solicitor and my mortgage advisor at Nationwide have been absolutely brilliant, it has made it so much easier.
    • deus
    • By deus 20th Jul 13, 9:39 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    deus
    Hi everyone. Congratulations to those who have had their mortgage offers. I'm a FTB, AIP 13th July, house offer accepted 17th July. Full mortgage application submitted to Nationwide 19th July. No word on survey yet.

    Not yet instructed the solicitor. Also, our vendor doesn't yet have a house to go to. I don't want to be an over-enthusiastic FTB but I'm tempted to get solicitor started even though we don't have the mortgage offer yet and the vendors are still looking. Decisions
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 20th Jul 13, 9:52 AM
    • 32,271 Posts
    • 17,298 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Hi everyone. Congratulations to those who have had their mortgage offers. I'm a FTB, AIP 13th July, house offer accepted 17th July. Full mortgage application submitted to Nationwide 19th July. No word on survey yet.

    Not yet instructed the solicitor. Also, our vendor doesn't yet have a house to go to. I don't want to be an over-enthusiastic FTB but I'm tempted to get solicitor started even though we don't have the mortgage offer yet and the vendors are still looking. Decisions
    Originally posted by deus
    I would have advised you not to apply for the mortgage, nor paid any fees until your vendor had an onward purchase and the chain had formed up.

    You are being a little unrealistic expecting confirmation of valuation the day after the application was submitted. The SLA between Countrywide and Nationwide is 48 hours.

    You can safely instruct your solicitor at the point of agreeing the purchase. Simply ask them to do nothing until you confirm the purchase is proceeding by paying the search fees they normally request early on.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • LealeaV
    I'm another playing the waiting game!
    So I'm currently in the same boat too... waiting, waiting and more waiting....

    My timescale has been a little like this....

    18th June - Application
    10th July - Valuation
    12th July - Valuation report received
    17th July - Told they have a 5 day backlog
    19th July - Asked for more docs and info to tie up a couple of loose ends.

    So my plans this weekend is to get everything ready to send over to them on Monday! They want proof of deposit, a AST for my rental property and the number of years left on the lease!

    I dont seem so anxious now that they have been in touch and asked for more info... but I know my nerves will shoot up once again, when I send over the docs and then have to wait for the final decision!!!

    Good luck to everyone else who's waiting.... x
  • catflapuk
    I do understand you very well. Actually, there isn't that much to do when buying a house or an apartment but the stress and worry is doing my head in. It affects my sleep and my mood
  • peytonx
    Hi everyone. Congratulations to those who have had their mortgage offers. I'm a FTB, AIP 13th July, house offer accepted 17th July. Full mortgage application submitted to Nationwide 19th July. No word on survey yet.

    Not yet instructed the solicitor. Also, our vendor doesn't yet have a house to go to. I don't want to be an over-enthusiastic FTB but I'm tempted to get solicitor started even though we don't have the mortgage offer yet and the vendors are still looking. Decisions
    Originally posted by deus
    I am in almost in the exact same position as you. I am a FTB, AIP on 9th July, offer accepted 16th July anf full application to NatWest on 19th July.

    Our vendors were told they would not be able to make an offer on other properties until an offer is accepted on theirs, which makes sense. I have appointed solicitors as NatWest needed their details for the application. My IFA advised them nit to carry out any searches until I had the offer subject to valuation, therefore I will not be paying any upfront fees only to be rejected at yhe first hurdle.
  • peytonx
    I've been told 'close of business' today for a final offer. Full application 10th June. Don't think I can bear to wait over the weekend... (Natwest).
    Originally posted by Moonraker71
    Hi, who advised you of 7-10 days?

    My full app went to NatWest at 5:30pm yesterday via my IFA and he reckons I will have a offer subject yo valuation by Wednesday. He also says the valuation would be completed about a week after NatWest instructs it which is in stark contrast of what I have read on here, with a thread detailing delays due to backlogs.
    I am started to question his experience with NatWest
  • Moonraker71
    Hi peytonx, I had the offer subject to valuation some time ago, what I'm waiting for now is the final confirmation of the offer, in writing.

    I think the valuation backlogs are only happening in certain parts of the county, particularly in London and the south east. I'm in Brighton. I was originally told it could take up to 6 weeks after full application before the valuation would be done but it turned out to be 3. But that was well over a week ago now, and I'm still waiting for the final offer.
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 20th Jul 13, 3:44 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    Hi, who advised you of 7-10 days?

    My full app went to NatWest at 5:30pm yesterday via my IFA and he reckons I will have a offer subject yo valuation by Wednesday. He also says the valuation would be completed about a week after NatWest instructs it which is in stark contrast of what I have read on here, with a thread detailing delays due to backlogs.
    I am started to question his experience with NatWest
    Originally posted by peytonx
    My MA advised me of 7-10 days and that was last when it was submitted. I did find out yesterday that Natwest have not even looked at it yet.
    • mkmini81
    • By mkmini81 20th Jul 13, 4:15 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    mkmini81
    I was told to expect 2 weeks... looks like mine is held up because of 1 document back from 2010 im trying to get!
    • deus
    • By deus 20th Jul 13, 7:35 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    deus
    I would have advised you not to apply for the mortgage, nor paid any fees until your vendor had an onward purchase and the chain had formed up.

    You are being a little unrealistic expecting confirmation of valuation the day after the application was submitted. The SLA between Countrywide and Nationwide is 48 hours.

    You can safely instruct your solicitor at the point of agreeing the purchase. Simply ask them to do nothing until you confirm the purchase is proceeding by paying the search fees they normally request early on.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    Our vendors have started looking at properties now that they have accepted our offer. They are looking for a bungalow in the same town and there are plenty on offer. I would expect that it shouldn't be too much of a problem with a long chain. Although, obviously, there are no guarantees. Anyway, too late now!

    I wasn't necessarily expecting the valuation to be confirmed so quickly, just saying that that was what I waiting for right now. Incidentally, I got a text message earlier telling me the valuation has been booked for 24th July.

    I don't know what SLA is...?

    Thanks for the advice about the solicitor. I'll bear it in mind.

    Has anyone else applied for their mortgage when the chain isn't fully worked up? Feeling worried now!
    Last edited by deus; 20-07-2013 at 7:50 PM.
    • bt1
    • By bt1 20th Jul 13, 8:35 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    bt1
    I am waiting for my HTB approval then my full application will go in with Halifax. ahhhhh nervous times!

    Good luck everyone
    Originally posted by CluelessFTB
    I'm also waiting for htb approval (they've had it since 15/07) applying for mortgage with natwest once it's come through :-)
  • Carrotline
    Strangely, I've just received two texts from Nationwide (even though it's a Sunday) telling me the valuation we had carried out was satisfactory and a revised mortgage offer is being sent out today! Cannot tell you how much of a relief it was to get that text message, as our first time buying experience has been particularly bumpy.

    Here's our timeline:
    April 24 - Receive Decision in Principle
    April 24 - Put in offer on house we spotted. Inform seller that we can't proceed to full mortgage application, as we need to have been a customer of Nationwide's for 6 months (we applied through Save to Buy). Seller says fine with this.
    May 24 - Full application submitted. Valuation instructed.
    May 29 - Get told we have to wait three weeks for valuation. Seller starts to lose rag.
    June 7 - Seller threatens to put house back on market, claiming valuation delay is our fault and sign we're not committed. *Sigh*
    * For the record, he didn't put the house back on the market.
    June 19 - Valuation carried out.
    June 21 - Valuation results come back £20k lower than we offered. Try to renegotiate price with seller. He turns down two revised offers. House falls through. Have a bit of a cry. Deal with it. Move on.

    ***********************
    July 3 - View other properties
    July 5 - Offer accepted on new property.
    July 6 - Tell Nationwide we've found somewhere new. They tell us that's fine, and we can continue on with previous application. Just need to amend property details and get a new valuation.
    July 8 - New valuation instructed, booked for 17 July. No delays this time.
    July 10 - Nice and confusing, we receive a text message from Nationwide confirming mortgage offer...for the property we're no longer buying. It reminds us of our past failures at house buying, but we dust ourselves off and get on with our day.
    July 19 - Call Nationwide. Say all is well with new valuation. Crack open a lager shandy in celebration.
    July 21 - Receive text message confirming valuation is satisfactory and revised mortgage offer has been received. Hooray.

    All in all, I'm glad this bits over! It's been a very long three months.

    Also, want to say a big thank you for everyone who has responded to my often fraught posts on here, and provided either a much needed reality check or some comforting and practical words of advice.
    Last edited by Carrotline; 21-07-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 21st Jul 13, 6:11 PM
    • 9,883 Posts
    • 2,873 Thanks
    chanz4
    Im waiting for Halifax, hopefully be back on Monday they asked for proof of csa and child tax. Valuation was done in a day
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Jessica29
    Submitted full application to Natwest on 3rd July. Rung them this morning to be told they haven't received our supporting documents so they've obviously been lost somewhere along the way

    Going to have to wait for them to send a new mortgage pack for us to sign and resubmit our documents.

    The waiting continues....
    • swanny78
    • By swanny78 22nd Jul 13, 12:20 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    swanny78
    Submitted full application to Natwest on 3rd July. Rung them this morning to be told they haven't received our supporting documents so they've obviously been lost somewhere along the way

    Going to have to wait for them to send a new mortgage pack for us to sign and resubmit our documents.

    The waiting continues....
    Originally posted by Jessica29
    oh dear did you go thru aN advisor?
  • Jessica29
    oh dear did you go thru aN advisor?
    Originally posted by swanny78
    Nope just did it over the phone and sent our documents through the post!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,732Posts Today

8,013Users online

Martin's Twitter