Get paid to walk with Bounts - via a fitness tracker or your phone

Comments

• whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 October 2016 at 1:55PM
    does anyone know if we can still try for a refund? (i hadn't realised that you could or i would have tried ages ago)
  • i'm also feeling relieved that i never mentioned this to anyone, i wouldn't like to think they had lost their money because of me
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    All memberships have now been cancelled so no refunds available and all cash reward vouchers removed from the shop. The reward wheel has gone too.

From now on people will have to complete challenges to earn any rewards.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jmclusky wrote: »
    Therefore, from today, we will be removing paid subscription memberships and instead every member will now receive the same number of points per activity. We are doing this in a way that no-one loses out financially and which is as fair as possible.

Let me guess no refund though :huh: I paid £14.99 but nothing back as out of stock.
  • Logged into bounts this morning and saw they are massively changing their model. Don't have a problem with what they are doing but I do have a problem with this:

'Every member of bounts will now earn 20 points for an activity (all members will be equal from now on)
    Nobody will have to pay for the service (Premium and Premium+ subscriptions have stopped)
    Cash voucher rewards will now be linked to exercise challenges. You won’t need to hunt for them in the reward shop
    If you have paid for a membership then you can get at least the value of the subscription back in cash vouchers by participating in exercise challenges.'

So, are they saying that to get a refund on my premium+ membership which is now worthless I have to do challenges? Can they do this? I'm sure bt and sky etc wouldn't get away with that!

Thanks
  • LETTER GONE OUT TODAY! This is NOT a free scheme - members have paid through handing over valuable personal health Data to this scam outfit. That Data should now be destroyed if they are now unable to honour their side of the deal as outlined in the Scheme thousands joined up to!

"29th October 2016

Dear Sir or Madam,

RE: Bounts Member Rewards - Bounts REF:kappes83554 – 6375 Points

I joined Bount's very early this year with an endorsement from respected financial journalist Martin Lewis founder of “MoneySavingExpert.com”.
    I have never thought to question the schemes integrity and I have worked hard all this year gaining maximum daily points and posting recommendations on my Twitter and Facebook accounts as a respected Personal Trainer working in the Health & Fitness industry.
    Can you imagine now, my absolute horror, at the end of the year with nearly 6500 points I find all your rewards in the shop I've been diligently saving for now we're close to Christmas have vanished or out of stock??? Just what is going on? And why are you now not able to fulfil your part of the deal to offer these rewards as promised to your Bounts members early this year???

Please can you provide a full response to my complaint, as I feel so annoyed that I was taken in by what now appears to be a scam! Where is your commitment to honour the promises you made when thousands upon thousands of members joined earlier in the year and have worked very hard to accrue lots and lots of points? And lastly where is your integrity as a respected health and fitness reward scheme as opposed to just another tech scam? You have harvested thousands of member’s valuable personal health information and as your part of the bargain to provide voucher rewards (£5 for 1389 points) effectively pulled the rug from members.
    If I remain unable to purchase a voucher with my points balance and I am dissatisfied with your response I'm taking this further with trading standards and BBC Watchdog. You should at least be forced to destroy member information you've harvested where you’re clearly not able to fulfil the rewards promised.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr Jonathan Kappes."
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 30 October 2016 at 1:28AM
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    You can blame MSE!!

Until they got involved in promoting Bounts, everything was running just fine! I see there's no further comment from MSE Oliver on this thread concerning all the complaints and dissatisfied customers!

Not the first time something is promoted here and run over by people so it is not as good as it used to be:P It is also funnier because last year, I created a thread for Bounts and it was deleted without any word/explanation. We tried to find out what happened to it and wasn't successful. Then they just turned around and started to promote it.
    ally.
  • Still waiting on a refund requested September 19th - had given up expecting it to appear before they changed the model, wouldn't bet a penny on my chances now. Last time I contacted them it had been nearly 40 days (refund was promised in 7-10), and they told me it would be processed in another 30 days. Fat chance. This is just outright thievery now.
  • slimzoe
    slimzoe Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They are. Ow telling people they cannot have a refund! Some people have had success by contacting apple (if paid through the App Store) and have had it refunded that way. Might be worth a try!
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wow, I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. I've tweeted the MSE twitter account linking to this thread as they will need to update their article and hopefully will investigate the wholesale cancellation of memberships (presumably without refund?!).

Also interesting that Bounts seem to have deleted their Twitter and Facebook accounts...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure