Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Cats how long have you been on the thyroxine now? My cycle lengths are very regular, it's just the PMS that's a killer. I've said that I'll never been on the pill again as well, coming off is horrendous
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Angel it's just over 3 months now. Don't know how long it takes?! They said my levels are right though..
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • angel11
    Cats I would have imagined you'd have seen some improvement after 3 months on the thyroxine, maybe it is the hormones from the pill still causing mischief. Did your GP give you any idea when you might become more regular, or refer you to endocrinology?
  • angel11
    Clara it's so good you don't have wait too long, fx for good news on Monday
  • cats2012
    Neither of those. Ah well x
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD21 angel11 - 6DPO :cool:
    CD20 Rachylou1981 - 7DPO :cool:
    CD19 Tinks05 - 8DPO :cool:
    CD37 cats2012 - 10DPO :cool:
    CD26 Keekee - 10DPO :cool:
    CD28 Milliebob - 13DPO :cool:
    CD36 newthrift - 18DPO :cool:
    CD32 pinkmagpie - 19DPO :cool:

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD13 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD16 newcook - Awaiting ov :o
    CD16 MancMama4 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD16 Meepmeep - Awaiting ov :o
    CD22 Apple1985 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD23 pink petal - Awaiting ov :o
    CD30 the_insider - Awaiting ov :o
    CD32 Jojo_fry - Awaiting ov :o
    CD80 clarabell19894 - Awaiting ov :o

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 sexymouse - Awaiting ov :o
    CD3 big5 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD5 little angel - Awaiting ov :o
    CD6 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD6 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD6 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while

chocolatelover93

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • angel11
    Oh dear cats, must be very frustrating :(, do you have a sympathetic GP you could discuss your concerns with? Anytime I've had to change my dosage, I normally feel a difference within a week, I know others can take up to a month, but 3 months does sound a bit excessive. Then again, my cycles have never been affected. Do you know what your levels actually were? When I ring to get my results now, I actually ask for TSH & FT4 levels rather than just accepting they're "normal" as I've seem lots different GPs about uat with a very wide range of understanding about the condition :mad::mad: Also, for those ttc, TSH has a smaller "normal range" than the general population (should be below 2). I found this website quite informative, might be of some use to you: http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/diagnosis/getting_diagnosis.html
  • cats2012
    Thanks angel will have a read :-) my last level was 1.9 so think that's why they said I'm ok. Tbf they don't know for sure that thyroid is why my cycles were affected - could just be coincidence!!
  • LisaLou1982
    LisaLou1982 Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Thanks for the replies ladies :)
    I've been taking pregnacare since I came off the pill as I was advised by the doctor to do so and I rarely drink alcohol so that hasn't changed anyway.

We will have the house to ourselves for a few days from Sunday as mum is off on holiday so I will test then and keep you updated.

BD to you all xx
    £2 Savers Club #156! :)
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • Apple1985
    Apple1985 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Hello everyone

So... I've just done a first response pregnancy test (the one that tests up to 6 days early) and there is a very very very faint second line! I really don't want to get over excited. Can this just be where the line ' should be'? X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback