Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• Sorry AF got you mouse

angel so glad I'm not the only one struggling after coming of the pill. As for the PMT I get that a lot but think it is my hormones not being settled :(

Good luck to all those in the 2ww.

As for me still bleeding heavily on day 5 :( stupid witch!
  • big5
    big5 Posts: 370 Forumite
    Sorry AF has shown up early for you too mouse.

The rainbow icons are cute. I read an interesting blog piece a while ago about the use of the term 'rainbow baby' and why some people like/don't like it. Will try to find the link if anyone's interested.
  • MancMama4
    MancMama4 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I love the rainbows thank you mouse. I'll stay as TTC #1 please Xx
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    AF due however currently not here. I have got a BFN first wee this morning (been holding it in until DH went to work as want to be able to surprise him when he comes home). However I feel very similar to how I did in December when I got a BFP, although it took me until the 2nd day of missed AF to get a positive.
    Last time I pee'd on the stick whilst DH was getting ready for work so we found out together which was really nice but I've seen a lovely way to tell him this time, especially since we lost the previous pregnancy.
    Angel I struggle more with PMS since I came off the pill last year. I can start anywhere from a week before AF is due. Usually get sensitive boobs all day everyday near enough the couple of days up to it, cramping which becomes more continuous for the day I'm due plus the first day then it eases and I basically always ache/soreness in the top of my legs.

Sorry that was a long post. Going to try and get another couple hours sleep
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • LisaLou1982
    LisaLou1982 Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler
    edited 15 April 2016 at 8:15AM
    Hi ladies

Hope it's ok for me to post here. I've been reading the last TTC thread for a few weeks and thought it might be time to add my story!

I came off the pill in Jan 2016 and as yet still no AF! 106 days and counting!!! Has anyone else had this experience??

I was taking Cerazette for around 6 years which was a wonder for me, but side effects coming off it the first few weeks were awful and tbh it's made me seriously consider ever going back on it in the future.

OH and I are NTNP for #1 so no testing or anything has been done. I've got a doc app next week to see what the doc thinks. I've had a weird aching in my groin/hips/really low down for the last week which I don't know what that is! It's a first for me!! Heartburn has been horrific for the last 6 weeks and boobs are bigger and definitely a little sore! My back and hips are hurting more than usual but again not sure if that's just hormonal or a result of doing more driving that usual. My appetite has changed and I've gone off some foods but again maybe this is just hormonal too? Brushing my teeth makes me gag and I'm definitely not able to eat as much as I used to which I guess isn't a bad thing!! I just get full really quickly!! Not seen any weight drop off yet tho! Lol

I've found myself googling the symptoms of coming off the pill and like me, some ladies have had a terrible time but most seem to be at least having some spotting or bleeding by now?! I bought a couple of tests last week from boots but haven't plucked up the courage to take them as yet. I know I'll have to before my doc apt next week:). Just a little scared of what it might say! Does that make sense? I don't want the disappointment of a BFN. I'm quite a control freak by nature so have deliberately stayed away from temping and checking as I think i would get myself far too stressed.

Edited to add we are currently staying at my mums due to our house sale not completing. If I am pg then it would be v difficult for me and OH to have some private time together to digest the info on our own and talk in private. It'd be a first GC for all of our family on both sides so excitement would run rife and I think we need the time to digest the info ourselves without having to share it too early Iykwim

Anyway sorry for the long post! Keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP for you all and if anyone has any words of wisdom for me I'd love to hear them!
    £2 Savers Club #156! :)
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Morning Lisa. I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom except you should definitely test at some point just to be sure!! There are plenty of stories of people catching very quickly.

So in the meantime just keep on your folic acid and not drinking etc just in case :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lisa I echo what cats has said. If you do get a BFP maybe you could plan a night/couple nights away over the weekend together to try and get that bit of alone time to discuss it. Just keep up with your folic acid and maybe eat/drink as if you are pregnant xx
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Lisa I agree with the others, def test asap. You could've caught straight away, or it could be the hormones leaving your body. Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure unless you test.

Midget & New how long have you both been off the pill? I came off it 10 months ago. I'd really hoped the hormones would've settled down by now, but instead they just seem to be getting worse :mad: Midget poor you, AF can really be such a witch sometimes
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    I've been off the pill almost a year now and still not settled. The thyroid meds have helped but not loads - don't think I've actually had 2 cycles of the same length!!

Drives me nuts, I'm never going back on it.
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • clarabell1984
    clarabell1984 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Aww mouse - sorry the witch has got you! :( Thanks again for the daily update of CD's!

Sorry Lisa, I have no words of wisdom for you! I'm on CD80 after having a few long cycles coming off microgynon 6 months ago. I was on it for 14 years!!!

Hubby had docs yesterday to ask about his swimmers being checked like my doctor had asked. He was given a few leaflets (and sample containers!) and told to phone the hospital for an appointment. He phoned this morning and has an appointment on Monday afternoon - so glad he doesn't have to wait! I was imagining it being months :T

I spoke with a couple of my close friends over the lat few days about my stresses. I was in two minds because I didn't really want to tell anyone we are TTC but i feel it has lifted more of a weight from me.

Sorry for the long post!

Baby dust to everyone and hope you all have a great weekend xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport