Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• I think I may not OV this month. I was getting my usual symptoms and expecting it any day a few days ago and now they've disappeared again. I usually have a week of some symptoms and then 2 days of very distinct EWCM but it's not worked that way this cycle, no EWCM at all. It makes me think I haven't OV'd so no idea when AF will be arriving or if at all.

I'm CD30 and feeling very fed up. :(
  • I've just been looking back at my posts because I was certain something similar happened last month with OV, and it did.

I had all the symptoms OV was on its way for about 9 days, then had one day of a small amount of EWCM and then OV'd two days later with the usual large amount of EWCM.

This month I've had a week of OV symptoms a very small amount of EWCM which I only know of because I've been monitoring my cervix and now 3 days later nothing and back to normal symptom wise.

This is getting so frustrating. Last month I was considering seeing my GP to see if I could get Metformin prescribed which I had last time I was TTC but was reluctant because I had conceived on my own last year. I'm now thinking again should I just go and see what they say.
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Sorry you're having a rubbish time Athens. Did you get a +ve opk at all last month? If you're worried about not oving, it probably is worth chtting to the GP.
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah it kinda sucks Angel, but I guess it could be something I need to get used to.

I'd say about 28-30 days so pretty average. Yeah it's the first month of using them, started using them around day 10 and now we're at day 16 and still with the negatives. I'm using them in the afternoon. Compared to last month I've had little CM, I didn't even realise that was a sign of things until reading this board, so have been keeping an eye on that too.

Athens if your feeling like you need to see your GP I would probably say just go ahead and book an appointment. Help ease your mind if anything.
  • A0503 - Sorry to hear about your chemicals. I think I have had two. The first I was unsure if it was an evap line and so I convinced myself it was so I could put it out of my mind. The second (the next cycle) was no doubt a positive test and my OH was with me so we both got very excited and then AF arrived hours later (and days earlier than expected. So upsetting. Sadly the GP wasn't very interested. I learnt the big lesson not to test earlier than the date AF is expected.

I've also got myself sad about thinking how fertile my family is. I'm the only cousin from 9 that hasn't had a child and they all conceived immediately on trying or by accident.

I got my BFP the month I did SMEP and have tried to do it since but have never followed it exactly due to OH being away. I am hoping to be able to follow it this month. One thing I will say is to do the things least likely to stress you out. I know temping makes me stressed so I have stopped.

Athensgeorgia - I am not clued up on ovulation as much as others. I just trust my OPKs, even though they cannot confirm. Temping is meant to be a good way of knowing for sure, have you tried that? Sorry if you've explained this before. I personally find temping too stressful as mine are erratic and I never wake up at the same time so I'm giving it up.
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Thanks rachy, I read online on other forums that gps tend to not care about chemicals, they just say you shouldn't test early. I want to try one more month of SMEP and doing OPKs. After this I won't have any left so I just won't order anymore. luckily for me in my family I'm the eldest child and nobody else is pregnant or had babies so I don't have that problem, I do however have it in my friendship group which can be hard sometimes.

April- one month I didn't get my positive OPK until cd18. My period was then 3 days late to reflect that so don't give up doing them, I also found doing one at 10am and then again at 2pm to make sure I didn't miss it. Sometimes I did more than that throughout the day out of sheer boredom lol. Fx u get ur positive soon xx
  • AF just arrived here, so back to CD1 one again... *sigh*
  • Hi all

Sounds like your all having a really horrible time as well.

Well it turns out I did ovulate when they thought I had a few weeks ago ( blood test confirmed progesterone was 52) which according to the clinic anything over 30 confirms ov but they like to see over 60. Anyway I digress so despite the fact I have irregular periods because my bloods say I ov'd and hubbie sperm came back normal they have told us to go away and try naturally for atleast another year because IVF won't be offered until 2 years has passed.

It's really upset me as I'm note sure I can go another year with disappointment every time. It's really getting me down :(

Plus today we were told Sil is pregnant and they wanted to give us warning before the family holiday in a couple of weeks when they are doing a big announcements. Tbh that comment made me feel even worse because whilst I appreciate the warning it upsets me that they still want to do a big announcement. Plus Sil then makes me feel worse by telling me she had IVF for her first and now she has just had her second natural pregnancy. Grrrr why is she allowed 3 and I can't even have one :(

Sorry I can't really say anything in real life because hubby tells me it is very exciting.

Hope everyone's OK and could I be updated to cd10

Thanks
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Midget I'm so sorry to hear that! If it helps give you hope, we were given the exact same news by GP - needed to try for 2 years due to no obvious issues from tests, then the next month this little miracle happened! And I still have no idea what was different!

Also, it's pretty common apparently that after IVF your further children can be natural - your body learns what to do apparently :)

Keep your chin up...it will happen
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • Thanks for the input.

I don't temp or use OPK's. I was supposed to be NTNP to keep positive but now I'm sucked in to the whole TTC mindframe. I just monitor cm and go from there. I have PCOS and some days I feel thankful that at least AF is arriving so something must be happening. I spent so many years with no AF so assume I must be OV at some point now for AF to be showing up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback