PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Estate Agent - Taking Home off the market (Andrews)

124»

Comments

• caronoel
    caronoel Posts: 908 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    How do you define a "bubble price" if prices are still going up?

You told me not to buy and that I'd made a massive mistake several yrs ago, my house has increased in price by 30% since I bought in 2011, plus I've paid off 20% of the mortgage. Even if prices dropped by the 50% equity that I've gained the mortgage is fixed for 3 yrs at which point I'll owe very little and will have paid £300 less in mortgage than the avg rent for the last 9 years.....

So we know who the real losers are and that's the forever renters who are stuck paying off their LL's mortgage several times over. :eek:

Oh please!!

Why do you want to spoil Crashy's dream with the cold winds of truth?

How very rude!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Philuk
    Philuk Posts: 60 Forumite
    caronoel wrote: »
    Oh please!!

Why do you want to spoil Crashy's dream with the cold winds of truth?

How very rude!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    How do you define a "bubble price" if prices are still going up?

You told me not to buy and that I'd made a massive mistake several yrs ago, my house has increased in price by 30% since I bought in 2011, plus I've paid off 20% of the mortgage. Even if prices dropped by the 50% equity that I've gained the mortgage is fixed for 3 yrs at which point I'll owe very little and will have paid £300 less in mortgage than the avg rent for the last 9 years.....

So we know who the real losers are and that's the forever renters who are stuck paying off their LL's mortgage several times over. :eek:

Thanks for your 101 Warren Buffet, but it doesn't reflect the reality of this market. People don't buy because they can't afford it not by choice, price in London took off by 50-60% in the run from 2009 to 2013 from already a very high base, before decelerating until now. There is no need to rub it in people face, most of us just want a place to live.
  • PField
    PField Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    ONS figures show that average house prices continue to rise, even last month
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/housepriceindex/june2017
    Sure some areas are down ( city of London) but the majority are continuing to raise. May be your area is down a bit and your are asking too much. £202 offer for a £210 asking sounds good.
  • Philuk wrote: »
    Thanks for your 101 Warren Buffet, but it doesn't reflect the reality of this market. People don't buy because they can't afford it not by choice, price in London took off by 50-60% in the run from 2009 to 2013 from already a very high base, before decelerating until now. There is no need to rub it in people face, most of us just want a place to live.

I empathise with you if you can't afford to buy. But Crashy has told us he is cash rich, he's just waiting for the ponzi bubble to pop.

That's why he gets ridiculed. He slates anyone who owns a property.

He hates those that have knuckled down and just got on with life.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I empathise with you if you can't afford to buy. But Crashy has told us he is cash rich, he's just waiting for the ponzi bubble to pop.

That's why he gets ridiculed. He slates anyone who owns a property.

He hates those that have knuckled down and just got on with life.

That sounds like the sort of talk they used in mortgage ads (and still do) before it became obvious that the Ponzi scheme was heading for bust. The irony is that many people got into massive mortgage debt because they wanted to be "cash rich" eventually, and if you were near retirement and found a buyer at peak prices, then you made it! Not everyone can sell at the price they paid though, that is the problem with the current mess, and although emergency rates have saved many people those same rates and policies are distorting the economic and political landscape in dangerous ways IMO.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    PField wrote: »
    ONS figures show that average house prices continue to rise, even last month
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/housepriceindex/june2017
    Sure some areas are down ( city of London) but the majority are continuing to raise. May be your area is down a bit and your are asking too much. £202 offer for a £210 asking sounds good.

How are sales volumes holding up, people`s ability to find a buyer willing and able to buy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure