TD Direct sold to Interactive Investor

Comments

• greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    When I read the communication from TD/II about the change I thought that all accounts were going to be consolidated on the TD platform?

Of course I could be confused!
  • Sean473
    Sean473 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    greenglide wrote: »
    When I read the communication from TD/II about the change I thought that all accounts were going to be consolidated on the TD platform?

Of course I could be confused!

Pretty sure that this is what I read too...
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,

from II Corporate Announcements:

Mon, 5th June 2017 - 08:59

It is expected that all customers will be brought together on a single investing platform under the Interactive Investor name later this year.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi,
    JohnRo wrote: »
    Just out of interest how quick is a 'bit quicker'

they were paid on the due date, though don't know about accessibility as just let them gather up a bit.
  • tusk
    tusk Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi,

I believe it's the other way round TD to be incorporated into the ii platform. thats why I'm asking if they carry my TD investments and still no clarification after several e-mails They seem reluctant to give a straight answer, maybe to stop a rush for the door, or is that just me being cynical.
  • economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    will they be offering free of charge transfer of positions to another privider due to change in terms/charges?
  • tusk
    tusk Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi,
    I think I'll go early in case they get swamped with transfer requests and it takes months to transfer
  • EdSwippet
    EdSwippet Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    tusk wrote: »
    That seems to be the current plan. From information for current Interactive Investor customers:
    Later this year we will bring all customers together on a single investing platform that combines the strengths of each service, with some new enhancements. To do this we’ll be upgrading the technology platform used by TD Direct Investing customers today and moving II customers to that platform.
    So from the look of things so far... the online trading platform might resemble TD Direct Investing, and the charging structure might resemble Interactive Investor. Maybe.

For me personally, the fee structure is far more relevant than trading platform features. Every platform can do long term buy-and-hold, which is all I really need. Money lost needlessly to charges, on the other hand, is simply lost.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I spoke to TD a couple of weeks ago......person I spoke to said he hadn't been told too much but went and checked with a 'senior manager' and said that they had been informed a new 'rate card' would be introduced in 2-3 months for existing TD investors (based on II fixed fee model but exact details tbc).
  • ed44
    ed44 Posts: 22 Forumite
    This is new:
    Will transfer out fees be charged for TD Direct Investing customers who don’t want to stay with Interactive Investor when the new pricing approach is introduced?

We want you to stay with us and to have plenty of time to try out our improved service, so we are pleased to confirm there will be no transfer out fees for existing TDDI customers until at least 1st October 2018.

Will still be leaving if they introduce transfer out fees, but this gives more time to choose a new platform.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure