Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

I just got the following text message from tmobile and after googling with no success decided to try here.

"We wanted to let you know that from 2nd Feb the fair use policy amount for internet on your phone will be 500MB a month. For details see t-mobile.co.uk/datachanges. If you do reach your limit don't worry, you'll still be able to browse and use email"

According to the page on their website it will apply to their mobile internet service from 1st Feb. Is this grounds to cancel my contract?

This really sucks as I often use my phone to stream videos or download games, which probably uses up over 1GB of bandwidth per month.

Comments

• robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    its always had a fair usage policy .. read the t and c's
    i do not think you have grounds to end contract

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • No expert but surely if, say, the previous FUP was 1g/mth and the OP has traditionally used that then this T&C change is detrimental enough for him/her to cancel contract early?
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    Apart from the IPhone plans. T-Mobile used to have a FUP of either 1GB for non smart phones or 3GB for the likes of Android phones.
    What phone and plan are you on ?
  • I know it's always had a fair use policy... but it's always been 3GB on WnW plus (what I have) and 1GB on WnW
  • talkalot wrote: »
    Apart from the IPhone plans. T-Mobile used to have a FUP of either 1GB for non smart phones or 3GB for the likes of Android phones.
    What phone and plan are you on ?

I have a HTC desire with WnW plus
  • I'm interested to know this too.

Looks like it should be possible. What's the first step?
  • I am with T-mobile, HTC desire and 3GB fair usage policy. I am definitely going to be contacting them about cancelling as the 3GB allowance was the only reason I joined them in the first place.
  • shianatika wrote: »
    I am with T-mobile, HTC desire and 3GB fair usage policy. I am definitely going to be contacting them about cancelling as the 3GB allowance was the only reason I joined them in the first place.

Precisely. In my earlier example I was assuming a FUP of 1gb but if it's 3gb (and you regularly use over 500mb) then I can't see how they could refuse an early termination of the contract without penalty..
  • Just came off the phone to T-Mobile, and they are being stubborn about it. I am now waiting for a call back from a manager.

Any advice on what I should say? Any buzz words, so to speak?
  • Just came off the phone to T-Mobile, and they are being stubborn about it. I am now waiting for a call back from a manager.

Any advice on what I should say? Any buzz words, so to speak?

I am going to call them after work, please let us know how you get on
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport