CEA card questions

Options
Recently heard about this card, and bought one and used it already! " 241 cinema ticket for a carers"

1. How old does the carer have to be accompanying the card holder? When I received my card, the letter enclosed stated in the terms that the carer must be 16 years. However, I was told by cineworld that the law states 8 years old? Confused if it is 8 or 16? Will most likely just be me and mum at the cinema but, my niece might want to go sometime though.

2. Can the CEA card only be used at the cinema? Or may it be used at other places such as the theatre? If so, anybody know what places?

P.S Emailed the CEA website last week, but they haven't replied so thought I would ask here. Thanks!!

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Recently heard about this card, and bought one and used it already! " 241 cinema ticket for a carers"

1. How old does the carer have to be accompanying the card holder? When I received my card, the letter enclosed stated in the terms that the carer must be 16 years. However, I was told by cineworld that the law states 8 years old? Confused if it is 8 or 16? Will most likely just be me and mum at the cinema but, my niece might want to go sometime though. The terms state 16 years of age, so that is what you go off.

2. Can the CEA card only be used at the cinema? Or may it be used at other places such as the theatre? If so, anybody know what places? No, its the Cinema Exhibitors Association (CEA). Its for the cinema. If you want to go to the theatre, you need to contact your theatre in plenty of time in advance and ask firstly if they do disabled concessions (some charge less, some let a carer in for free, some don't do anything). Then you need to ask what proof you need - usually a DLA/PIP letter is sufficient, but it is down to the individual place.

P.S Emailed the CEA website last week, but they haven't replied so thought I would ask here. Thanks!!

OP, the terms state 16. If you break the terms, the card may be revoked so I would personally go with the terms of 16 years of age.

And see above for what the CEA card covers - cinema ONLY.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I received a reply from, the CEA website. They confirmed it is 16, so I don't know why cineworld told me 8. Anyway, it's just been me and my mum anyway at the cinema :)

It's no use to me but, the CEA card can be used at, The theater Royal in Newcastle.
  • Emmylou_2
    Emmylou_2 Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    I think Cineworld got confused - the minimum age for getting the card (for yourself) is 8 (as it is assumed that any child under the age of 8 would need assistance at the cinema anyway, not just a disabled one)
    We may not have it all together, but together we have it all :beer:
    B&SC Member No 324

Living with ME, fibromyalgia and (newly diagnosed but been there a long time) EDS Type 3 (Hypermobility). Woo hoo :rotfl:
  • nyg123
    nyg123 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't know it could be used in any theatres. It's particularly great for the live transmissions and tickets for those are normally about £15 so it saves a lot then!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can the CEA card, be combined with a 2-4-1 deal, such as, Meerkat movies?

So you buy a ticket with somebody and get 2-4-1, and since you are buying a ticket, can the carer also use the CEA card on top?

Just wondering, thanks!
  • DomRavioli
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

So you buy a ticket with somebody and get 2-4-1, and since you are buying a ticket, can the carer also use the CEA card on top?

Just wondering, thanks!

Not that I am aware of - you would need to check the T&Cs for the CEA card, Meerkat Movies and the cinema.

I very much highly doubt that you would be able to do so.
  • dori2o
    dori2o Posts: 8,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Just wondering, thanks!
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    Not that I am aware of - you would need to check the T&Cs for the CEA card, Meerkat Movies and the cinema.

I very much highly doubt that you would be able to do so.
    It's at the discretion of the cinema.

I know there have been cases where people used to use Orange Wednesdays (or whatever day it was) to get 3 people in for the price of 1 (1 full price adult paid for by the disabled person, 1 carer free with the CEA card, 1 person free on the Orange Wednesday deal due to having 1 full paying ticket).

The best thing to do is check with the cinema itself or with the company who runs the cinema.

I use my card quite a bit and it's saved us hundreds of pounds. We tend to go Looking forward to the next couple of months as there are some exciting fills to be released before the end of the year, especially The Force Awakens for all us Star Wars fans.
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dorio20, thanks for the advice :)
  • DomRavioli
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pjran wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this but hope someone out there could answer my question too. I have just been awarded the standard mobility, am I eligible to apply for this cinema concession?

https://www.ceacard.co.uk/FAQ.aspx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DomRavioli wrote: »

Yes, you can apply for a card if you receive ANY rate of, DLA or Pip :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure