Test our new Samsung Galaxy phones comparison tool

Comments

• Aidy wrote: »
    Samsung S3 mini was announced recently - 4" screen, runs jelly bean etc. Phones 4 U are taking orders now.

Would be worth including as possibility a better option than the Ace or S2?

Already in the pipeline Aidy - will hopefully be adding it in before the end of the week.

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca
  • MSE_Becca wrote: »
    Thanks MillicentBystander, we're checking out the Virgin Sim-only offering now and will add it in later if it checks out.

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca

No problems, Virgin are a bit 'under the radar' and I only discovered they allow tethering as standard very recently (they don't seem keen to advertise it lol). To aid your research, this may be of help:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Tethering-Yes-or-No/td-p/1102501
  • Hello,
    Do the calculations include the dreaded "cashback"?
    If not, why not?
    Ta!
  • No problems, Virgin are a bit 'under the radar' and I only discovered they allow tethering as standard very recently (they don't seem keen to advertise it lol). To aid your research, this may be of help:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Tethering-Yes-or-No/td-p/1102501

Thanks for this - been speaking to the press team at Virgin Media, however it has informed us that "tethering is not supported on its tariffs".

It pointed out that the Virgin rep's response on that forum was now out-of-date.

Are you able to use tethering on your Virgin Mobile tariff?

Thanks in advance,
    MSE Becca
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2012 at 11:08AM
    MSE_Becca wrote: »
    Thanks for this - been speaking to the press team at Virgin Media, however it has informed us that "tethering is not supported on its tariffs".

It pointed out that the Virgin rep's response on that forum was now out-of-date.

Thanks in advance,
    MSE Becca

Bizarre. I haven't actually ordered the SIM yet (it's for my son who's currently in rented property whilst he looks for a property to buy so didn't want a land line but wanted net access). Out of date?? The info was given less than a month ago! Like I suggested before, it seems like Virgin don't actually want the fact they allow tethering to be known publicly (if you note I did have to prompt the moderator on their forum for the answer!). Bizarre indeed. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck! :D
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite

My daughter-in-law is able to use tethering on her Virgin sim only deal.
  • jem16 wrote: »
    My daughter-in-law is able to use tethering on her Virgin sim only deal.

Thanks Jem - we're still waiting for a reply from Virgin before deciding whether we add it into the guide or not. Would be handy to know which Sim-only deal your daughter-in-law is on?

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks Jem - we're still waiting for a reply from Virgin before deciding whether we add it into the guide or not. Would be handy to know which Sim-only deal your daughter-in-law is on?

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca

She has the £7pm Mobile Sim Only tariff for Virgin customers.

I just had an online chat with Virgin and the operator confirmed tethering is inlcuded in both the £7 and £10 Sim only deals.
  • MSE_Becca wrote: »

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca

I also have an email (dated 4/10/12) with name of a contact at Virgin Media confirming that tethering is allowed but I've tried PM'ing you and it didn't seem to work? Don't really want to put on here as probably not fair on the contact. If you want the name just PM me but here's the email I got sans the name :D
    Hello *******,

Thanks for your email about our fair usage policies.

We appreciate you taking the time to write to us about this and we're happy to advise.

We'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for the delay in replying to your email, we've been experiencing a higher email volume than normal.

It's great to hear you're thinking of joining us!

The great news is that all our new Pay Monthly tariffs now come with truly unlimited tariffs.

There are no fair use policies and no limits. You can simply use as much as you like. So if it’s time to change your tariff, you could be getting more for your money on any of these tariffs. You can find out more at virginmobile.co.uk/paymonthly.

If you’d like to learn more about the fair usage policies connected with these tariffs, just go to virginmobile.co.uk/legalstuff.

Just so you know, you'll be able to tether, if the phone you're using has the capability.

However, we don't support this service, so unfortunately if you have any technical problems, you'd need to refer back to your user guide. We're sorry we wont be able to fully support you on this.

We hope this helps to answer your queries.
    Kind regards,

Virgin Media

Got any other questions? No problem. Head over to virginmobile.co.uk/help for all the answers. We’ve got FAQs, phone manuals and guides, information on how to manage your account online, and much, much more.

HTH
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2012 at 3:50PM
    jem16 wrote: »
    She has the £7pm Mobile Sim Only tariff for Virgin customers.

I just had an online chat with Virgin and the operator confirmed tethering is inlcuded in both the £7 and £10 Sim only deals.

I've been informed (several times and by different Virgin operatives) it's included in ALL their SIM Only deals. My son was looking at the £17/mth SIM which is a great deal

Essential SIM Only £17
    SIM card cost FREE
    Your tariff gives you:
    1200 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    Unlimited Mobile Web.

Weird that they seem to be denying it now :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing