kindle paperwhite vs eReader

Does anyone have any opinions on whether the the Kindle Paperwhite is worth the extra £40 compared to the eReader? I've read various reviews but still undecided which to go for.
Improving my odds on the lottery with LottoSwap.com :rotfl:

Comments

• mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do you mean the Kindle Paperwhite versus the standard Kindle (currently on sale at £54 on Amazon).

Whether it is worth the extra cash or not depends on how much value you place on the in-built light and the higher screen resolution and contrast of the Paperwhite over the basic Kindle.

Personally, I wouldn't use an ereader without a lighted screen now, it just makes it so much more versatile and you don't need to be in a room with good lighting or outside in sunshine to have a great looking e-ink screen now.
  • Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Both are ereaders.

The paperwhite has a better screen to begin with, and the lighting makes ire more versatile as mac.d says, for the extra cost (especially if you can get the paperwhite in an offer), I'd go for it every time over a non lighted screen.
    I ended up going from an unlit screen to a Voyager last year (it's the current "top" amazon model up from the paperwhite), and it was a huge jump from my previous unlit screen, but the paperwhite is nearly as good (I went with the voyager from a couple of it's other features).
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Today is the best day to pick one and buy. Use code BIGTHANKS for £10 off, making the already reduced PW £89, and basic Kindle £44.
  • jerryOR
    jerryOR Posts: 7 Forumite
    Got the Paperwhite. Thanks!
    Improving my odds on the lottery with LottoSwap.com :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business