DBS umbrella organisations

Options
I have to get a DBS (previously CRB) on myself for a freelance tutoring job. I'm aware that I can't do this myself and have to go through an umbrella organisation, but am a little wary about getting ripped off by someone who is basically charging me money to fill out a form for me, and am slightly confused by the new name and rules as there seems to be a lot of outdated information on CRBs around. (I'm not entirely sure why I can't just apply directly... seems like excessive amounts of red tape)

Has anyone used umbrella organisations for this who can recommend any companies as being more trustworthy / cheaper than others?

Comments

• AlecEiffel
    AlecEiffel Posts: 874 Forumite
    Options
    No idea on price, but I know two people who used Parasol and were happy with the service.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AlecEiffel wrote: »
    No idea on price, but I know two people who used Parasol and were happy with the service.

I think you've taken a different meaning of the OP's use of the term 'umbrella' - in this instance I think it's a more general description than the specific one that Parasol come under, the OP is referring to organisations that will request a DBS on behalf of an individual. I can't see any indication that Parasol will do this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure