Vanquis Visa

2»

Comments

• to have a balance that high you must have had the card for a while for the credit limit to build up ?

Are you sure your credit file is bad ?

Why not try the Barclaycard platinum..20 Months interest free, gotta be worth a try ?

Vanquis have just increased my limit from £250 to £1000 and there aint no way im going any where near that limit

darren
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Smash1912 wrote: »
    I've also had problems with Vanquis recently! I've closed my account and cut up my card and tried to sort out paying off more than the minimum a month (as thats basically the interest!) and apparently, I can only pay off the minimum or the full amount in one go! Is this really how it works?? I've only got £300 on there but paying it off in one go is not really a possibility.

Kicking myself for ever bothering with this card! Goodness knows what possessed me!

You can pay more off each month - but not by direct debit. You can pay more by standing order or a manual payment each month.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • babyemily
    babyemily Posts: 421 Forumite
    Smash1912 wrote: »
    I've also had problems with Vanquis recently! I've closed my account and cut up my card and tried to sort out paying off more than the minimum a month (as thats basically the interest!) and apparently, I can only pay off the minimum or the full amount in one go! Is this really how it works?? I've only got £300 on there but paying it off in one go is not really a possibility.

Kicking myself for ever bothering with this card! Goodness knows what possessed me!

I set up a standing order to pay more every week. Maybe you can do the same? x
  • archer7
    archer7 Posts: 67 Forumite
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Same name and they're also based in Stafford. Quite a big coincidence, http://remembertosave.co.uk/terms.aspx:
    The term ‘Remember to Save from Valuesaver’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 16 Parker Court Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford, Staffordshire. UK. ST18 0WP . Our company registration number is 04091557. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.

It seems like a lot of money for old rope. OP, yes I would contact them if I were you and at least try to establish how you were signed up to their service. It may have been via a free offer of some sort or in conjunction with another product or service you've purchased.

Ah, apologies SnowTiger, I didn't see that.
  • Daisy_Duck
    Daisy_Duck Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    babyemily wrote: »
    Atom: I did not know I could close the account so Thank you for that.

Pretty sure that you won't be able to close the account while it still holds a balance.
    You could call them and ask them to lower the credit limit as your balance lowers so that you can't spend on it anymore but it will still show as open and active on your CRA files.
  • Earlier post refers to http://remembertosave.co.uk/terms.aspx

This URI does not work, giving error response:

"Server Error in '/' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly."
    --
    Arthur
  • arthur2
    arthur2 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    UPDATE: Vanquis has persistently debited the ValueSaver fee for eight months now, in spite of numerous notifications that this is not required and therefore unauthorized. I have now spoken to the Police "Action Fraud" line, and they said to refer it to Citizens Advice Consumer Service, and that if they agree, it can be treated as fraud. I should hear from CACS in the next few days and can then pursue.
    --
    Arthur
  • CrossKing
    CrossKing Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    arthur2

Have you called valuesaver or vanquis to cancel it and ask for your money back? I got a letter and a brochure when I signed up - and called the number on it. They cancelled mine no problem.
  • arthur2
    arthur2 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have you called valuesaver or vanquis to cancel it and ask for your money back?

Yes, several times over many months, plus written warnings that I was planning to report them. Still nothing refunded. (They have also over the same period demonstrated repeatedly that their Direct Debit processing is unreliable, which is a separate matter).:(
    --
    Arthur
  • arthur2 wrote: »
    Yes, several times over many months, plus written warnings that I was planning to report them. Still nothing refunded. (They have also over the same period demonstrated repeatedly that their Direct Debit processing is unreliable, which is a separate matter).:(

dis-like-smiley.gif flabbergasted-smiley.gif Hope you get it sorted that's terrible.
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure