PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    WOW! :eek:

That's a statement necklace with a capital 'S'!

It screams 'LBD' with deep decolletage to me. :)
    You have to wear it.

(said by a woman who loves statement necklaces)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,146 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    M and S comfy velour trousers for me (for yoga/Pilates, if I ever get there!)

Lovely Jack Wills 80% lambswool jumper for son - £4!!!! As new.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Pollycat wrote: »
    WOW! :eek:

That's a statement necklace with a capital 'S'!

It screams 'LBD' with deep decolletage to me. :)
    You have to wear it.

(said by a woman who loves statement necklaces)

In this weather!!!! Methinks it will be the skinny rib, black, polo neck sweater till summer at least :D

Yet another nice little find today in Oxfam (of all places). A Jaegar linen skirt, white with fine black stripes, cut in panels on the cross and with the stripes matching up perfectly, (:j), to give a zigzag effect all the way round. £3.99.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Picked up some Yankee candles from BHF shop today
  • Barny1979 wrote: »
    Picked up some Yankee candles from BHF shop today

That's a step up from B & H.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Large Chocolate Bunnies Yankee for £6.99
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Large Chocolate Bunnies Yankee for £6.99

Cor blimey....thought that was a bit :eek: but just spotted some for sale of FleaBay for £50 BIN.....double :eek::eek:
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Himself spotted a lovely Denby teapot (years of unobtrusive training are paying off!), nabbed it, & promptly offered it to a pal whose pattern he recognised it as being. I could have wept but she sweetly reminded him, he'd already found her one in an earlier hit, so I got it...

Does a vicarious, because-another-woman-already-has-one, cs bargain still count? As I'm still happy to have it!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Himself spotted a lovely Denby teapot (years of unobtrusive training are paying off!), nabbed it, & promptly offered it to a pal whose pattern he recognised it as being. I could have wept but she sweetly reminded him, he'd already found her one in an earlier hit, so I got it...

Does a vicarious, because-another-woman-already-has-one, cs bargain still count? As I'm still happy to have it!
    Now you know you can't mention Denby without telling us (me) what pattern it is. :naughty:

And yes - it does still count. :)
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    So sorry, Pollycat, Greenwich. Lovely curves, like many of the older Denby pots, a joy to cuddle. (I'm no fan of a teacosy unless the pot is truly ugly. I'd rather drink it a bit cooler!)

Glad it still counts. Himself (well, all my menfolk) do roll their eyes a bit, (especially when I ask them to reach me a pot, eyeball the basestamp & hand it back) but the acquisition committee rules are firm - no chips or cracks and not a penny over a pound an item. (I may buy several things so long as the average is on or under the pound & I usually have to OK it with them since they will be doing most of the lugging back.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure