Is bankruptcy the best way out

Morning all have not been on here for a while so have had to re register as I lost my username.
Found this site last year which was a great help for me ,i finally took my head out of the sand and I had finally started taking a hold of my finances and had got my debt down from around 15k down to 9k in 8 months. Things were looking up until back in march i broke my leg in two places. Ever since then im ashamed to say I have struggled to live on £63 a week. And have been living off my credit card for the past 6 months.

I know its through my own stupidity but im now 17 k in debt and have no way of paying it back as I wont be back to work until next month. Im now sick with worry everday and the only option i seem to have are going bankrupt .

Are there any people on here who have gone through this process? and what the pros and cons are? I know its not to be taken lightly but at the minute I can see no other way out.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    monkey
    can you do a new updated SOA

My feeling is that if yu are going to be back at work next month, could yu not go for a DMP instead?
    In any case bankrupcy takes a good while to all come off.

Lets see your situation and we can take it from there :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • there is a thread on here called 'the bankrupcy club and supporters' have a look there. Sorry if my spelling is naff :p
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • soa i forgot about that will try to sort it out. but basically my income is £240 a month and my outgoings are £900. sorry about my spelling to as i have hardly slept all week worrying about this
  • join us on the bankruptcy club and supporters club even if you choose not to go bankrupt there is always a way out whether you choose a dmp or likewise and you will find the answers here somewhere!!

Sarah
    coupon over here, coupon over there, every crack filled with coupons even down there
    (meaning under the buggy lol):D
  • join us on the bankruptcy club and supporters club even if you choose not to go bankrupt there is always a way out whether you choose a dmp or likewise and you will find the answers here somewhere!!

Sarah

will do ta
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family