Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anyone recommend a good printer/scanner
    Compatible with windows 10
    Doesn't guzzle ink and if possible let you print in blank and white without having to buy the colour ink too.
    Tia
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got sent an email from GBW to let me know of an increased incentive fee for a rather involved local job. Checked to see and still hee hawing... 50p well be still my beating heart!
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    samtastic7 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good printer/scanner
    Compatible with windows 10
    Doesn't guzzle ink and if possible let you print in blank and white without having to buy the colour ink too.
    Tia

Brother MFC-L8650CDW A4 Wireless Colour Multifunction Laser Printer

Around the £230 mark, but £100 cashback if you're quick, bringing it down to £130.

https://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=2641085

http://www.leoofficesupplies.co.uk/office-machines-supplies/brother-printers/brother-laser-printers/brother-mfc-l8650cdw-colour-laser-multifunction-ref-mfcl8650cdwzu1.html
  • I cannot believe how ridiculous MS fees are now, used to be a regular MSer a few years back thanks to this site but the fees don't even cover minimum wage by the time you've factored in travel time and writing the report.

Do Bare not do the charm bracelets anymore? Has another MS company pinched that client? Loved that job.
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Yeah, I've pretty much stopped altogether, report isn't worth it any more, and I don't really enjoy video, so I'm thinking about selling the cameras and cracking on with other stuff.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • darkblue_2
    darkblue_2 Posts: 676 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2017 at 5:35PM
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it worth doing the MSPA silver/gold accreditation? Also, is it worth forking out money for a mystery shopper approved camera (if so, which one?) Everyone seems to ask for it, but they're very pricey so I just want to know how long it'd take to see a return...

I've had relatively good luck with 'the dining company who don't like to be named' and GBW. Marketforce pay pittance and the rest are hardly worth the sign up process... :(
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think the MSPA thing is more for US based shoppers. I would not know how you go about getting accredited and I am not aware of it holding me back.

You can basically use any camera / phone camera for report mystery shopping as long as the image is clear. It is only video mystery shopping that requires a set standard of equipment.
  • Some have even reduced the payout for a job, Pharmacy, MF. Do you think we won't notice the reduction and then have to buy specific products.
  • SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Have Bare stopped the automotive visits, have not seen any since April/May last year?
    (not the current French/Japanese circuits, the German ones)
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    skivenov wrote: »
    Yeah, I've pretty much stopped altogether, report isn't worth it any more, and I don't really enjoy video, so I'm thinking about selling the cameras and cracking on with other stuff.

Have to agree - I had to wind down quite a bit last year, due to a family illness. The fees have either remained static or gone south in the the 3/4 years I have been doing this. Do very little and moved onto to other things. By the time you have factored in the costs, a lot of these jobs are not viable and the taxman could question why an earth you are doing them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback