IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcm parking ticket but disabled

Comments

• daffas6688
    daffas6688 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Next instalment is have had 2 letters on same day. One final reminder and one that says it's the letter before claim . The final reminder is reeling off a list of fees that include warrant (£100) and their costs Tec that total £202.25 on top of original sum they claim I owe of £160. The letter before claim quotes practice direction for pre-action conduct under civil procedure rules paragraph 13-16 in particular. It is then asking me if I don't intend to pay I should acknowledge letter with my full account of circumstances that have led to charges being imposed against me. Also who the driver was sect . And threaten unless a satisfactory response is received they are instructed to start proceedings against me.
    Obviously this is a tad worrying. But Do I keep quiet? I am not giving them information they would use to give them an insight into the case and give them advance notice on what I would say in court. These two letters are from the solicitor from before and not a court.
    What should I do? Continue to ignore?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    if the LBC is a real bona fide LBC , you should reply and rebut the claims being made

if it is from a debt collector on solicitor headed notepaper , IGNORE

if an MCOL from Northampton arrives in the post , DO NOT IGNORE
  • daffas6688
    Still only solicitors headed paper on both these letters .
  • daffas6688
    On scrolling I managed to report myself or someone as spam. Not sure what I done sorry
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,327 Forumite
    daffas6688 wrote: »
    On scrolling I managed to report myself or someone as spam. Not sure what I done sorry

Just press the same button on that particular post again - it should show 'Not Spam' now on it. Easily done when using an iPad or similar tablet. No one's going to chop your head off over it! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • daffas6688
    Ok the latest in this saga. I have now received a court letter. Well it looks like one . The company / court is county court business centre Northampton. It is a bit weird looking and the court stamp on letter not actual stamp as much as printed. It has a crest too but not clear but blurred in sorts. But this may be the real thing? I can defend by logging on to https://www.moneymaking.gov.uk is this legit?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,327 Forumite
    I can defend by logging on to https://www.moneymaking.gov.uk is this legit?
    That link doesnt work - have you transcribed it correctly?

If the document you've received seems dubious (although PCM do issue some court proceedings) can you link a photo of it (suitably redacted) - use photobucket, TinyPic, Dropbox etc to host it - and we'll take a look.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Did you mean Money Claim Online?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    For "ruthless" I woudl substitute, "stubborn", or "persistent". however, they are not very efficient, they appear not to understand the law, or court processes, and usually end up as the loser. Read some of these

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=you've+been+gladstoned,+prankster&spf=1495553518543
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    daffas6688 wrote: »
    Coupon I did all of what was suggested in my appeal . These people target school times and after school club times . I don't normally go there but obviously they have it all worked out targetting school run people, but to target people with mobilty diffculties is sad. I will try and find the land owner and will point out that there are no facilities for disabled parking outside the school. I will tell them this is discrimination and mention the " reasonable adjustments "under the equality act 2010. I will read the article you are referring to also.Thanks

Be careful on what you claim going forward.

The School has to make reasonable adjustments for disabled people, the estate doesn't, they are entirely separate, the estate parking is here for the benefit of residents and visitors, disabled or not.

You would need to deal with why you couldn't park IN the school grounds (as its a state school, I guess the land is owned by the council), that wouldn't make the parking people wrong, but it could land the school in trouble under the Equality Act.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure