Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• a_fresh_start
    a_fresh_start Posts: 106
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 18 December 2014 at 3:50PM
    Well it seems that I'm off milk.... Just poured myself a glass (usually love!) but it smells funny and tastes weird too. It was a fresh carton too.

Still struggling with lack of appetite... 2 hours after I started in still picking at my breakfast fruit salad!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Rebekah - sorry to hear you are suffering! is there any way you can break up the journey - stop over at a hotel halfway there or visit someone? My family lives only 3 hours away, and ive found travelling later in the evening/at night sometimes good as you can snooze, whilst hubby drives, and the roads are lovely and quiet. Does your sickness subside at any point during the day? It's bound to be easier to have someone else Cook for you and entertain your little one, much easier if you're at your in laws and you can put your feet up:rotfl:
  • I have felt awful today so no work for me. The headaches don't appear to be easing off- today I have felt dizzy, shaky, sick and heavy headed, and paracetamol don't really help.

How are you all? That's such a shame you can't travel Rebekah, I hope you still manage to have a lovely Christmas.
  • LisaJane
    LisaJane Posts: 355 Forumite
    Hello! The tiredness and insomnia is hitting me bad this week! Thank goodness I am not sick tho! Any first timers find it difficult to believe that they are actually pregnant at all??? Or am I the only crazy one?!?!?
    Save 12k in 2014 (my target: £10 000):
    My savings: £4878.54/£7000
    Joint account savings: £2685.57/£3000
    Total:£7564.11/£10 000 (as at 26/10/14)
  • Nisha_B
    Nisha_B Posts: 28
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    LisaJane wrote: »
    Hello! The tiredness and insomnia is hitting me bad this week! Thank goodness I am not sick tho! Any first timers find it difficult to believe that they are actually pregnant at all??? Or am I the only crazy one?!?!?

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! We even had 2 scans and I still don't think its sunk in yet! Maybe when there's a bump? Who knows! Tiredness is the worst...lucky you for not having the sickness though xxx
  • LisaJane wrote: »

Omg thanks for posting this!! I don't feel so bad now - I had to POAS yesterday morning (I told myself it was spare so might as well use it!) but really felt that I needed to 'check' :rotfl: I'm only 4.5 weeks tho, so no real Symptoms and a long way to wait til the scan at 12wks
  • My mum said that she didn't believe there was a baby there until my brother actually came out!! It's nice to hear I'm not the only one!!
    Save 12k in 2014 (my target: £10 000):
    My savings: £4878.54/£7000
    Joint account savings: £2685.57/£3000
    Total:£7564.11/£10 000 (as at 26/10/14)
  • Hi all :)

Had my 10 week scan yesterday - just about managed the 2.5 hour journey to the hospital where I will be delivered without being sick!!

Was amazing to see baby actually moving around! It waved it's little arm and we could see it's heart beating - a little miracle! So much clearer than the early scan I had just 2 weeks ago (although he didn't really show me much on that one to be fair!)

I've got to go for another scan in 2 weeks to date the pregnancy more accurately because baby is too small, but thankfully I can go to my local hospital for that one :)

I have been prescribed some anti-sickness medicine as they're worried I will dehydrate - I will let you know if it's any good.

xx
  • Gelly123
    Gelly123 Posts: 387
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 19 December 2014 at 8:54AM
    Worked from home yesterday as I was feeling rough on Weds afternoon and evening but in the office early today, got the shakes and feeling a bit icky. Had some toast at home but got to work and boss has brought over a breakfast pastry (I'd ordered some for his early meeting) and the smell of it is turning my stomach - I love a good pastry but not at the mo.
    Will re-home it when somebody else arrives at work - nobody else here yet!

Never had these feelings with the first two pregnancies....weird but hoping it's a good sign this time!
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
  • pm04gn
    pm04gn Posts: 280 Forumite
    Omg thanks for posting this!! I don't feel so bad now - I had to POAS yesterday morning (I told myself it was spare so might as well use it!) but really felt that I needed to 'check' :rotfl: I'm only 4.5 weeks tho, so no real Symptoms and a long way to wait til the scan at 12wks

I totally did this today just to remind myself it was real. The test came up immediately and was very dark. Much less suspense than the one I took two weeks ago!

Gelly - I hope your symptoms mark the start of something promising, fingers crossed

Dingdong - that's so exciting that you got a great scan. You'll be even more amazed in 2 weeks at the difference. At least that scan is closer to home.
    Have you got to deliver at the hospital further away? Complex antenatal care tends to be delivered centrally which is no good when you don't live near a big centre.
  • Hello, how are you? Hope everyone is feeling Ok, not too sick and coping Ok with any nights out and covering up for not drinking!!

I think I'm just about getting away with it!! Went out with work friends on Friday and just said I was driving as I had loads to do on Saturday so couldn't be doing with a hangover, then last night we had friends round so I said I had had a bit too much the night before when I was out with work friends!! I'll be glad when Wednesday has been and hopefully we can tell people!!

I also need some advice- talking to a good friend last night I think they have been trying for over 3 years (and have had a very very.difficult time ttc) and she was asking if we.we're hoping to have a baby soon, to which I replied hopefully soon, and did give the impression we had been trying a for a bit- well, we are meant to be going round new years eve and I won't be able to get away with lying about drinking again, but I do not want to upset my friend (as I know we.are only ttc for 14 months, but I know I found it hard to hear baby announcements) so I'm not sure how to go about telling them- any advice??? (i did think about getting oh to speak with her oh as they are really good friends and that's how we know eachother, and just saying we.are expecting, but wouldn't want to upset them in any way so would understand if they would rather leave new year as we do understand how hard it can be, but I'm not sure if it's better having these conversations face to face).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback