Quidco and BT queries

I know that there is a sticky related to this but the lack of responses has prompted me to open a new thread.

Previously I had BT in my name, ordered through my Quidco account and after a year I cancelled due to house move and my partner opened a BT account in her name (not through Quidco). Now, our 12 months is up in about 6 weeks and the renewal price is practically double what we could get as new customers (after the cashback and reward card has been taken into account) so I have no intention of being 'retained' for a further 12/24 months.

Three questions:
1. If I set up a new account in my name but through my partner's Quidco account (not used for BT before) do you think this would make us eligible for the cashback?
2. If I set up a new account in my name through the Quidco account that I used a couple of years ago, do you think Quidco would honour this cashback or say no based on having it before?
3. Could I simply set up a new Quidco account in order to open a new BT account to obtain cashback?

I appreciate that no one has definitive answers so more looking for people who have done similar with/without success.

Thanks

Comments

• lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I don't think there'd be anything stopping you using your existing quidco account? Does it state you can only have one BT offer per lifetime?
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lee111s wrote: »
    I don't think there'd be anything stopping you using your existing quidco account? Does it state you can only have one BT offer per lifetime?

I had a look and couldn't see anything along those lines, but just thought I'd put the feelers out and check whether anyone has done similar, with success!
  • Tyler_Du
    Tyler_Du Posts: 712 Forumite
    I had multiple BT cashbacks via Quidco over the last few years and they have always paid out, same Quidco account, same email address used for BT as well
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had multiple BT cashbacks via Quidco over the last few years and they have always paid out, same Quidco account, same email address used for BT as well

Sounds good!

Hopefully I can do the same as it makes it well worthwhile after the £100 CB and £125 reward card.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

The estimate for my quidco cashback has just been pushed back another couple of months. How long did it take for yours to come through?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure