IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel lose Stockport Peel Centre Case

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good result for the lady. Very interesting that the Judge found in her favour despite a totally incorrect VRM being input. I could understand if it was a transposition issue, but a wholly different VRM?

I note the sour reaction from Excel - similar to their response to the Cutts case.

Nevertheless, a useful reference point for any other motorist facing the same issue.

@Elysander - thanks for the heads up on this.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Elysander
    Elysander Posts: 99 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Good result for the lady. Very interesting that the Judge found in her favour despite a totally incorrect VRM being input. I could understand if it was a transposition issue, but a wholly different VRM?

I note the sour reaction from Excel - similar to their response to the Cutts case.

Nevertheless, a useful reference point for any other motorist facing the same issue.

@Elysander - thanks for the heads up on this.

Having that Judge certainly was a blessing!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 July 2017 at 10:23AM
    EDIT this post as there is another reported by the Prankster

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Elysander wrote: »

And Excel say ...
    'We are currently considering our position in relation to the judge’s decision and will refrain from any further comment at this stage while the matter is ongoing.'

In English this means ..
    "We screwed up again together with our legals"
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    307 people commented on the DM article, that probably at least 250 people who will not put up with Excel's nonsense in future.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    The_Deep wrote: »
    307 people commented on the DM article, that probably at least 250 people who will not put up with Excel's nonsense in future.

And surprisingly few 'Done the crime, pay the fine' comments which are usually prevalent.

However, here's one biscuit taker:
    Gooner, London, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago
    This court win will only encourage more illegal parking that will become ever more problematical until we introduce prison sentences for this.
    The username says it all! :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Gooner, London, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago
    This court win will only encourage more illegal parking that will become ever more problematical until we introduce prison sentences for this.

OMG how on earth does anyone manage to breed such brainless idiots? Nature or nurture?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Nature or nurture?
    Looking at the username and location, more likely gertcha.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    spits out tea on the keyboard!!!

:rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure