Don't have company names or details

Hi all,

My mum has signed up unknowingly to a bunch of PPI's in the past but we don't have any records of these anymore.

We only had record of 2 which we managed to get a nice lump in compensation (with thanks to the information found on this website we reclaimed it for free!!) so my question is.......is there a way to find out this information without having to use on of the PPI companies that take a percentage of any compensation?

Thanks in advance.

Crum

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Accounts in the last 6 years are on your credit files. Everything else is in your memory of filing.

Do NOT use a claim company. You will need to tell them which companies you had PPI with. If you can do that you can do it yourself.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    How did she unknowingly sign up for something with a company she doesn't know the name of? What proof of these unknown payments does she have? Any payment will have a payee name listed.
  • crum
    crum Posts: 67 Forumite
    OK, so I probably worded that incorrectly. She knows of times in the past that she has had a loan and PPI was included and was led to believe it was something she had to have and was not an option. I'll get a copy of her experian report. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure