Barclaycard

I have sent a resolver letter to Barclaycard regarding ppi.... they have written back saying they have no records of me having ppi with them.... do I just believe them or is there a rule of thumb that if I had a cc I would have had ppi....I certainly don’t recall opting out or being asked if I wanted it... I have no past statements in my possession and have a zero balance.....but at one point I had about 11k on the card and was only paying the interest.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,038
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    o I just believe them or is there a rule of thumb that if I had a cc I would have had ppi...

No rule of thumb possible. Most people didnt have PPI.

data is destroyed over time. Barclaycard used to be 6 years but they can go back a bit further now. Open accounts tend to have a longer history stored than closed accounts.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks for the reply.... it’s what I suspected
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport